Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GAME DAY THREAD - cow****ers at REDSKINS

TK

1 minute ago, bradboyd80 said:

With the way this team is playing, we need to make some drastic changes, and immediately, if we want to even compete for the title again this year. The Giants are looking strong. 

they did at the beginning of last year too. plus they just failed to score a td all game against the only defense worse than ours

Pretty forgiving fan... I don't forgive losses to crappy Dallas teams. Piss poor effort following an embarrassment in prime time again... Jay's seat should be warm this week.

2 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

they did at the beginning of last year too. plus they just failed to score a td all game against the only defense worse than ours

Gnats are straight trash too. Division is terrible, only reason we still have a good shot at fixing this. 

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

We all know Kory Licht is as good as done here as he is playing out this season as his last. We wanted a C in the first round of the draft and he's taken a contract pay cut. He's bang average. Our GM and coaching staff know that.

That much is clear. His blocking has been very good so far this year though. That's all I'm saying. Our O-Line as a unit is the only position group performing above expectations too. 

Three freaking passes in a row in the red zone.  Wtf kind of play calling is that.  All the boys had to do was drop into a zone on third down for the pick.   Whoever called those three plays in a row is a BIG REASON why we lost.  

Also not being able to convert a 3rd and 1.  FFS why do we always suck after a playoff run.  It's frustrating. 

Not a rant....

But realistically:

Fire Gruden:

And the O coach...

Promote the ol coach to head....

Not mad about the d....we have a bad dl line, God himself won't fix that without players. The d didn't break....

What cost us the game, imho,  the lack of try in the run game...run the ball, keep  dallas world class Oline off the field...

I've seen enough of Gruden not running the ball last season with alf..

I say cut emm...now

one more....im tired of hearing his same broken record excuses. Guy just can't adjust....on the fly..

14 minutes ago, SkinsTight said:

Man, everyone on here is so angry, firing and cutting people ain't is a solution.   Take a deep breathe and go hug your wives and kids.  As frustrated  as I am,  the bright side is there are still  plenty of football left to be played.   The NFC east stinks and I bet yall we will be in the mix by the end of the year.   Redskins Nation all day and every day!!!!!

Said this fan base every year for the last 25 years. 

Divorcing, no kids. Live alone, no one to hug.

You know, silver lining? 

I was pretty sure we were about to get humiliated by the terrible Cowboys because of our run defense after that first quarter or so. But the team actually kept it competitive and did fix some things. Some. Out of a ton of problems. :/ 

But, yeah... could've been a lot worse. I know no one will admit it right now because we're all angry and a loss is a loss... but if they blew us out, that would've truly been devastating.   

18 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

I'm convinced that "sports" hates me. I've pissed it off somehow the last 25 years.

*warning, existential fandom post incoming*

For me, I just look at it like this. In the end it's our choice, you know? We don't have to be Skins fans, we really don't. We choose to be. We want them to win, of course, but if that's all that mattered we can always just go with the team that's successful any given year.

Heck, I'd recommend people do that if they're that depressed about things. I know it's not that easy to put aside fandom like that, but a person should do what's healthier for themselves. That should be the priority. Screw the Redskins in that case, or any sports team. If you can't find anything to enjoy about it, it's not worth it.  

But if we choose to remain as into it as we are, then once we remind ourselves of that, it's just about accepting whatever happens. If we suck, it's not the end of the world, as frustrating as it can be - and especially when we get our hopes up. Maybe root for something like the rookies and young guys developing. Or just focus on the Xs and Os without emotion, just trying to learn. Whatever you find amusing. 

Heck, when I was as annoyed as I ever was with the team after the 2014 season and it looked like we were about run out another coach, I started a thread with SIP about sending in letters and crap, or the fan card thing again, lol. Demanding we get a legit GM. It was cathartic, because I can't stand just crying and complaining on a message board. At least do something about it within our capabilities, right? Wasn't going to **** on the board or start trolling other fans, that's for sure. It was amusing for me. 

25 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

We all know Kory Licht is as good as done here as he is playing out this season as his last. We wanted a C in the first round of the draft and he's taken a contract pay cut. He's bang average. Our GM and coaching staff know that.

He sucks.  He stood there looking at a guy on the ground while the linebacker shot the gap behind him to stop us on 3rd down.  WTF?

Too many missed easy plays, too many stupid penalties.  Play calling was suspect, and Kirk was playing very tight for as much time as he had back there.

1 hour ago, thesubmittedone said:

So, we're just a terrible team, again? This is too much. I don't care what anyone says, the organization was doing things right for once... this shouldn't be happening again. 

It's just nonsensical. No one reply with "because this coach or that player sucks"... just stop it, I know they're playing terribly. Still makes no sense it's this bad. 

Yes. we are just a bad team. I think last year winning the division was nice. But we beat NOBODY to win it. This is the same team as last year. We lost to a great team in the Steelers and  our arch rival. It is what it is. And that is we are a mediocre team at best.

Archived