Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Falcons Prediction Thread: Dirty Bird Feast?

skins island connection

So many people worried about Julio, including me.  But a friend of mine who is an Atlanta fan said Julio has been nursing a hammy and that he barely played yesterday.  I didn't watch the game to verify this.  He said yesterday was more about their run game.  That could be good for us.  He actually said he is a little worried about playing us because he knows our run defense has been doing so well.

We're not ready to stand up to what we've seen out of the Falcons so far,,, but. one never knows.

I think if we hold them under 30, I'll be surprised.

Falcons 31 - Redskins 17

So please folks, don't over analyze a loss.

A win,, now feel free to go crazy.

~Bang

A lot depends on how healthy the secondary (especially Culliver) is. Julio Jones is going to get his catches, but I'm hoping the Skins find a way to slow down the Ryan-Jones connection, and keep Roddy White quiet too.

Defensive front seven are going to have to have an exceptional game -- which means decent pressure generated by Murphy, Smith, and -yes- Kerrigan.

Offensively, if the Skins can have a balanced passing game (decent deep passes too), supported by a more productive running game -- I think the Falcons linebackers will be exposed as being vulnerable to the Skins short-intermediate passing plays. Naturally, a lot will depend on the ref calls.

I'll make a prediction a bit later into the week; so much depends on how well Culliver recovers from his knee inflammation.

Falcons are 2nd in league with plays over 40 yards. 

that second half we made Bradford look like Rogers ... it could get ugly.  

Skins win is if they are least +2 in TO's, and rush for over 130 yards as a team, less than 30 yards in penalties.  So almost a perfect game. 

Atlanta is too strong so I see this one much like the NY game our run game struggles our pass defense is overwhelmed and our passing offense is undermanned with Kirk is still learning and our receiving corps lacks a downfield threat.  I think the Skins battle for 60 minutes but lose big 37-16 and RGIII fanboys and other critics have fun bashing Gruden and Cousins next week.

**Andre Roberts is released by Friday 10/9/15***

In Jamison Crowder's second week of action he hauls in 5 catches for 120 yards and a TD.  DJAX reutrns and catches 3 for 98 yards and a TD.   AlMo gets bit in the booty by a giant GA ****roach and runs all over Atlanta's defense for 152 yards and 1 td.   Garcon leads receivers with 10 catches for 112 yards.   Kirk gets another rushing td (this time on purpose..lol) and Dustin Hopkins stays pefect nailing 3 FGS.

Skins top Falcons  37-29

HTTR!!!!!!!

Redskins 20

Falcons 27

Can't see us winning.

But I'm not sure if Atlanta is for real. Early last season, they crushed Bucs by like 56 points and everyone was talking about them. They quickly fell into being mediocre the next week. Hopefully they fold again starting with us.

Redskins - 19

Falcons - 34

No chance. Sloppy dink-and-dunk against an explosive, established offense, at home, WITH a chip on it's shoulder. Great last drive by Kirk yesterday but the offense was inoperable pretty much the entire second half. They're scoring 19 points a game...just not good enough to win these type of games. Atlanta is on the fast track to the divisional playoff weekend.

Atlanta could have EASILY lost to the Eagles and Giants AND had to come back against a romo/dez-less Cowboys. 

Too much conclusion jumping. Many think we are about to be brought down to earth, but I see the Falcons as the team flying way out of their zone right now.

Skins shut down their run game. Keep the game close. Finally get a couple of TOs.

Skins 31

Falcons 24 

Something to keep in mind, we've played four teams so far that don't look that great. Three of the four games have had little margin for error, whether they were wins or losses. 

Our offense also isn't really scoring a ton of points game to game yet.

This is also going to be easily the biggest test for our defense thus far. Not just an elite QB, but a lot of weapons.  

Do these names sound familiar?

Terry Robiskie, WR coach

Kyle Shanahan, OC

Leonard Hankerson, WR

Raheem Morris, asst. DC

Bobby Turner, RB coach

I'll add Chris Chester, Nick Williams, and Matt LaFleur. 

They also had Evan Royster, Rex Grossman, and Tyler Polumbus in the pre-season. 

Trap game for the Falcons. 

Nobody is mentioning this, but Atlanta has the Thursday night game on 10/15 at New Orleans.  So they have to double game plan this week, and why not overlook the ****bag Redskins while you get ready for the Saints?  

Yup.

Look, Atlanta is having a good year but

- The Giants gave that game away

- The Eagles gave that game away

- The Hated Rival didn't close em out

- The Texans are QB-less

I ain't scared of the Falcons.  Yes, they will be tough down there...but they are not tough.  They're a dome team.  If Gruden turns the ballgame into a street fight instead of a skills competition, then we beat their ass AND Win.  That's right.

Washington  27

Atlanta         16

We are next week's upset special.

To be fair, Atlanta had Philly most of that game, but I'm totally on board with the rest.  Dallas had no business blowing that lead and Eil was Eli at the end of the Giants game.  The game yesterday was over before it started.  

So many people worried about Julio, including me.  But a friend of mine who is an Atlanta fan said Julio has been nursing a hammy and that he barely played yesterday.  I didn't watch the game to verify this.  He said yesterday was more about their run game.  That could be good for us.  He actually said he is a little worried about playing us because he knows our run defense has been doing so well.

Julio didn't play the second half because the score was 28-0.  He had four catches on six targets before the game turned into an absolute laugher.  I figure he'll be out there and light us up a bit.

I think we cover (getting 8 1/2 at the moment) and I feel we'll be in the game at halftime.  

The third quarter will continue to be our downfall.  All the deep TD's seem to be in the third quarter.  Skins make a run late, but come up short

Falcons 31

Skins 27

I hope I'm wrong  

Our secondary is underrated, even when banged up. Having said that, I'm waiting to hear the injury report on DJax and to an extent even Reed before I make a prediction. That's really asking a lot of this team to go down there and get a win without these guys, seriously.

The smart wager is we get beat on both sides of the ball rather consistently. Relative domination for much of the game, or even  ATL blowing us out, is quite possible. Per how the team's improving, there are certain positives I will be wanting to see even if such is the case. OTOH, if we somehow win, I will keep my feet planted in reality (habit of mine) while enjoying the win thoroughly all week long. 

Archived