Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Falcons Prediction Thread: Dirty Bird Feast?

skins island connection

Barry found his blitz last week. This defense is about to take it up a notch.

If the offense can finish drives with 7, instead of 3, we should be able to compete in the 4rth after our 3rd quarter meltdown we do every game.

Falcons aren't going undefeated. Our linebackers know Kyle's offense. This DLine isn't on par with the last 4 we've played, so we should be able to get smash mouth.

Skins 27, Southskins 24.

ATL 28-17

I believe Kirk Cousin will struggle on third down assuming Jordan Reed will be out on Sunday.  More of a testament to some of the rhythm that Cousin and Reed have created with the offense.  Reed is a threat with his route running and I believe after the catch, he is so good for a guy his size for those extra yards like when you need a first down which we will lose.  

We are going to look out of sync and have a bad third down percentage.  If they open the offense up with the young guys, there is a chance, but Gruden will need to take the cuffs off of Kirk.  

AM and MJ will get more yards because Kirk will get some respect due to tape from last weeks game vs. Philadelphia.  They wont commit everything to stopping the run and there will be some holes to run through. 

Our defense will hold ATL to only 7 early and give up 3 touchdowns in the mid 3rd and 4th qtr. Cousins throws an early interception due to miscommunication on a Crowder/Grant/Ross route and a late interception going deep to Ross. 

Kerrigan, 1 sack, Preston smith 1 Sack, Kysheon Jarrett, Int

I want a Washington W, but I gotta call it like I see it!

I'm not predicting a win but I'm getting the same vibe I got from the Rams and Dolphins games.

I'm not trying to dump a bucket of cold water on the excitement, but there's a big difference between the Falcons and the Dolphins/Rams. Everything we thought we knew about those teams was based on off-season moves, hype, and projections from "experts" around the league. Sure, the Rams looked good in week 1, but that was also a bit of a mirage since they seem to have Seattle's number in St. Louis (even in seasons they win just a handful of games). 

Everything we think about Atlanta is based on what they've done on the field this year with these coaches and players. So, you could be right that we play them tight and dominant the game (boy, I hope so). But, I don't think this is ANYTHING like either of those first two games. 

Skins special teams for once spearheads an upset victory with a block kick!!!!

Skins 31

Falcons 27

Side note Cousin has his best game of the season outshines Ryan an throws for 350 and 3tds

I remember Cousins throwing for 400 yds in the dome a few years ago. He is going to be my hidden gem on Fan Duel on Sunday.  Expect to see me on a commercial next week reflecting on how I turned $25.00 into 2 million.

The Falcons are # 3 against the run. That plan won't work

YPG they're fifth, but that number is misleading.  Yards per carry is the stat, and their 4.4 YPC is tied for 25th in the NFL.

Chip Kelly just didn't want to run, and only ran 16 times for 63 yards (just under 4 per carry)

You handled the Giants run game (ranked 24th in the league)

Dallas, with no passing threat, hung 127 yards on 21 carries (6.04 yards per clip)

Then Houston was a blowout so quick that the Texans had to keep throwing. 

The Falcons aren't a dominant run defense, what they are is very opportunistic and play to the score.  

If the Skins can control the ball they should be able to move it on the ground.  Of course if we come out 5 wide like we did vs the Giants then we deserve to lose by 30 points.  

It seems like the dirty birds fans over on there message board are having fun with our predictions for the game... http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4034078-meanwhile-on-the-redskins-board/

I really hope that we can pull this win out and shove it down there faces... HTTR

Skins- 27

Dirty Birds - 20

I know they'll see this and that's alright.  I can see where they are sure they will win.  They're 4-0 and are scoring well.

But as we all know, week to week in the NFL is never a sure thing. With the way the league has set up the teams to have as much parity as possibly, blowing someone out (or as the Atlanta fans say-Destroying) is rare.

Like I told the other fans that came in this thread, you may win, but it won't be as easy as they think.  They have every right to think they will "destroy" us, but for a franchise that has been basically bad for most of their time and just recently had their first back to back winning seasons (mid 2000s when the franchise came in 1966 I believe), they shouldn't go around acting like they are on the level of a team like New England, who can basically call their shots.

Don't get ahead of yourselves Dirty Birds.  Take it one game at a time or that 4-0 start may end up 6-10. As Redskin fans, we know that all too well with a couple of seasons when we started 7-1 or 6-2.

It seems like the dirty birds fans over on there message board are having fun with our predictions for the game... http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4034078-meanwhile-on-the-redskins-board/

I really hope that we can pull this win out and shove it down there faces... HTTR

Skins- 27

Dirty Birds - 20

Hey I got a couple mentions over there. Much love...

A few weeks ago when Denver beat Detroit, Lion WR, Golden Tate, said the Denver players On D were calling out the Lions' offensive plays. I credit a lot of that to Peyton Manning knowing Lions HC Caldwell's offense so well from their days together in Indy and he tipped off the D on what he likes to run. Maybe with Morris, Garcon, Griffin and even guys on IR like Paul and Paulsen having played in Kyle Shanahan's offense, they can give the Skins Defensive coaches and D some good insight on what Kyle likes to do. Maybe a stretch, but it happens, so why not? I also like how our three division foes have all played Atlanta to the wire and you can make the argument that all three could have beat them. I think our division is pretty even and if Philly, Dallas and the Giants could play the Falcons tough, so can we.  

Forgot to mention Cousins as a guy who knows Shanahan's offense. He's probably the guy that knows it better than any of the guys I named above.

I know we shouldn't look to the past but we did pretty good against the Falcons (@Landover) with Julio, White, and Gonzales playing in 2012. ATL did light up the Haslett D, but we limited their TD's. We also did good against the Falcons in 2013 @ ATL with Kirk Cousins, however they were a bad team that year. So maybe we have a chance.

That's a bad idea. If you haven't noticed the coach in the years mentioned is now unemployed. The past has no bearing on this game.

I wonder what that thread will look like after we smashcake and expose those soft sissies?

Come visit on Sunday.

Looking at their board, to say they're confident is rather an understatement.

They are the small penis fan base of the league. Can't really blame them. It's the Atlanta Falcons. All the history and tradition of your average arena league team

Come visit on Sunday.

We are coming

They are the small penis fan base of the league. Can't really blame them. It's the Atlanta Falcons. All the history and tradition of your average arena league team

Can't get a drink before 12.30pm on a Sunday. What kind of backward state is this? 

Archived