Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Falcons Prediction Thread: Dirty Bird Feast?

skins island connection

Ah!!! Redskins @ Ex-Redskins... Errr... Falcons!

That's a real interested game. For the simple fact that both teams are 1 and 2 when it comes to TOP.

Redskins being first with 36'19" with Falcons trailing with 34'17".

Otherwise Falcons are an offense that scores 34.2 points, gain 403.2 yards a game, 5.9 yards/play (273 total) and make 54% of its 3rd down situations. They rush an average of 31 a game (124 total), for 113.5 yards a game and 3.7 yds/run. They pass for 35.8 play per game and a success of 67.1%  (96 for 143 attempts) and 289.8 yards a game. With 1159 yards they have an average of 8.4 yards per pass. They've surrendered 6 sacks

Our Offense is scoring 19.2 points a game, gaine 383 yards, 5.4 yards per play (284) and make 47% of our 3rd down situations. We rush an average of 31.5 a game, (126) total, for 139.5 yards and 4.4 yds/run. We throw the ball an average of 38.2 play per game and a success of 68.2% (105 for 153 attempts) and 243.5 yards/game. With 974 we have an average of 6.6 yards per pass. We have given up 5 sacks.

On defense, the Falcons allow opponents to score 23.2 points. They allowed 390.5yards per game (an average of 6.1 yards per play, 257 plays done). Their opponents convert 42% of their 3rd situation, makes an average of 22.2 1st down a game. Their Rush D allowed 341 yards, on 77 running plays. That's an average of 19.2 runs per game for 4.4 yards/run and 85.2 yards a game. They forced 6 fumbles and got 4 out of them. Their Pass D has allowed 1221 yards total and a 65.1% of completion (114/175 which is 43.8 attempts a game).  With 305.2 yards allowed through the air by game, that make an average of 7.7 yards. They've made 5 interceptions and 5 sacks also.

Our D has allowed opponents to score 19.8 points per game. 288 yards per game (an average of 5.4 yards per play, 215 plays). Our opponents makes 31% of their 3rd situations and 15.8 first down per game. Our Run D allowed 312 yards on 80 plays. That's an average of 20.8 runs per game for 3.9 yards/run and 78 yards a game. We've forced 7 fumbles and got 3 out of them. Our Pass D has allowed 840 yards and a 61.1% of completion (77/126 which is 31.5 attempts a game). With 210 yards allowed through the air a game, that make an average of 7.3 yards. We've made 0 interceptions and 9 sacks.

That's a bunch of stats...

I know our 0 interceptions loom large, but the Seahawks have got 0 as well, so we've got some nice company down there!

But what I like the most, is that eventually, Falcons Run D isn't great and isn't used to get stomped all day long. They've been facing pass happy teams, and have yet to face an offense that is somehow like theirs. Sure we don't have Julio Jones or Roddy White, eventhough Garcon isn't that bad and we've got some youngsters growing. I wouln't trade DiMarco for Young also.

Once again, the key point here is that we'll have to settle our run game and win the TOP battle. Since both teams like to owns the ball, we'll have to win it.

I'm not that scared about TO, for two reasons:

- 1 we're gonna have some as well, fumbles, and we're gonna record an INT rather sooner than later.

- 2 our D is way better than Falcons D in forcing three and outs.

Also, do you know that Falcons Punt coverage team is worse than ours? They've allowed 14 returns for 155 yards. (on 19 punts!). Sure they did not allowed a TD so far, but that might gives room for Crowder here and gives our O some great position. On the same thing, they allow an average of 29.2 yards per KO, while we only allow 19.8 yards. And that took Kai's stats and KO into account.

So even if the Falcons teams is a high powered offense, there's still room for us to make a statement and win two in a row.

Keep it a low scoring game, win TOP battle, and we might really win a close game something like:

Redskins: 17

Falcons: 14

I don't get Falcons fans. Is it empty trophy case envy? They've been as bad as we've been the past 2 years. They win a few games, and all of a sudden they're going to dominate the league, throw up 50-burgers every week? ****, both the eagles and the giants should have beat them. They're playing good ball, but I think it's a little premature that they are knighting themselves.

I don't think we'll beat them in Atlanta, but if they think they're going to blow us out by 30,40 points, then they need to go through the substance abuse protocol.

Yeah, I like their team but am a little confused by the chest puffing. The best season in franchise history resulted in being blown out in the Super Bowl (and having one its DBs arrested for soliciting a prostitute the night before the game). They only got to that Super Bowl by benefiting from probably the biggest choke-job kick in NFL history. 

They should win on Sunday, but I'm not sure why they are so ****y as a fan base. 

Just want to share this for those who think the Skins are just going to pressure Matty Ice

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/07/ranking-all-32-nfl-offensive-lines-entering-week-5/

LOL, one of, if not the, top rushing offenses in the league and we're last in run blocking.

Nice source.  Looks like the ATL has great research classes.

I don't know. The Jets aren't exactly a team to sneeze at. They're 3-1 and we're on the road that week. :(

The Jets are built a lot like the Skins, we match up well against each other.  Should be a low scoring slug fest.  Their defense might be slightly better because they have Revis and Cromartie on the outside, but otherwise very similar teams.  Hope DeSean plays!

Prolific passing offense and a top WR against a secondary that's missing it's top 2 CBs?  Phew.  Barry will have his hands full with this challenge.  Time for a 3 Safety look maybe?

Skins will have stick with the ball control offense.  Running game + short WCO passing.  It's the best option to help the defense.  Kyle Shanahan knows that the Skins secondary has always been a weakness and now is decimated.  I expect at least 75% of their plays to be passes.  Heck I'd up it to 90% with the oddball draw play and screen.

I don't see anyway for the Skins to win this matchup.  Falcon's strength goes against the Skins weakness.  My guess is  Falcons 34 and Skins 20.

If you say so. All I know is we will be 5-0 after Sunday and you can think what you want to.

So it doesn't go both ways? Some of your very own fans seems to think you all will run the ball down our throats. I guarantee your running backs will have less than 90 yards combined. That is with our starters in and not in garbage time with our backups

22ac8884fd0df07355f0ae5a940a4cde42cd257b

And an armchair Joe Namath.

If you say so. All I know is we will be 5-0 after Sunday and you can think what you want to.

So it doesn't go both ways? Some of your very own fans seems to think you all will run the ball down our throats. I guarantee your running backs will have less than 90 yards combined. That is with our starters in and not in garbage time with our backups

Bro, people in Atlanta care more about 80s Jim Crockett Wrestling than the ****ing Falcons. 

GTFO lol. I know the feeling though. Your team always ****s the bed when it matters and you know it's coming again. Hey, you always have the dirty bird dance.

Your franchise is a joke. You have Mike Vick and early 2000s rap to thank for ATL having any relevance in anything .

Never understood the facination with fans caring so much about what opposing fans on other message boards think

You expect us to have a woe is us mentality and think the Redskins can't beat the Falcons?

You expect us to kiss your ass?

You arent the 85 Bears. You aren't some unbeatable football dynasty... so stop crying when someone else thinks you can be beaten.

But whatever, enjoy the meaningless fan bulletin board material... like you writing down posts you don't like on a sticky, taping it to your moms refrigerator, and thinking it will make Matt Ryan throw for 400 yds and 4 TD's.

Sit the **** down

Man, if these bammas don't get the **** out of here.... lol

http://espn.go.com/newyork/nfl/story/_/id/7429623/the-city-atlanta-worst-sports-town-america

It's not fair.

And, we know, it really shouldn't matter.

But Atlanta -- the city, not the team -- doesn't deserve a playoff victory over the New York Giants on Sunday.

It has nothing to do with football. It's deeper than that.

Fans in Atlanta haven't exactly been going out in huge numbers to see the Braves recently. Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

Without question, Atlanta is the worst sports town in America.

If the New York Yankees are the standard for excellence in baseball, Atlanta is the epitome of the bottom of the barrel when it comes to fan support.

Hence, the Atlanta Falcons shouldn't be allowed to win and reward some of the worst fans in the country. They just don't get it. They are both missing in action and simply not passionate enough to appreciate their team winning in the NFL playoffs and moving on to the next round.

Giants fans -- even with a fresh Super Bowl in their memories after the 2007 season -- are living and dying with their team. Football is a part of their lifestyle, it's who they are. On Sunday, every single moment of the game will be pure agony until the clock shows all zeroes and the Giants have secured the victory.

Your typical Atlanta fan -- who is probably from another city since so few are actually from ATL -- will be preoccupied with something else. They might not even be sure what time the game is on.

In fact, at some point, they might ask a friend -- filled with sweet tea -- at a pork-saturated barbeque, "Are the Falcons playing today?"

Pathetic.

But it's Atlanta, known as Hotlanta.

It's not for their passion when it comes to sports, just the weather. Oh yes, it gets hot down there.

But when it comes to sports, no city is as cold to warm up to its home teams. And it's just not when it comes to the NFL and the Falcons.

All of their teams have suffered from terrible support.

Just ask the Hawks. Atlanta's young and exciting basketball team has had problems selling tickets over the years -- even during a pretty thrilling playoff run a few years back. It's not like they play in a dump on the bad side of town.

The Philips Arena downtown is sweet, a cool place to see a game and be a part of the city as well. Yet, on most night you can get a section to yourself.

Even back in the old Omni days when I covered the Knicks for the Daily News, there were always more Knicks fans in attendance than Hawks fans -- and they had Dominique Wilkins, the Human Highlight Film. Shame more didn't see him play in person.

Sadly, there always seemed to be empty seats at Turner Field when the Braves were in the playoffs as well. You still have to wonder how fans got tired of the Braves winning. They had the best pitching staff in Major League Baseball for a decade and won a World Series back in the '90s. Fans should not have missed a pitch during that run.

Worse is the lack of passion the fans showed after an epic Braves collapse this season. Looking like a shoo-in most of the season, the Braves, who were 8½ games up in the National League wild-card race to start September, gave up their postseason spot on the last night of the season. The Braves went 9-18 in the final month, including a five-game losing streak to end the season. It allowed the St. Louis Cardinals to get in instead en route to winning the World Series.

Heads should have rolled. Instead, Braves first-year manager Fredi Gonzalez wasn't under fire from the fan base and will be back this coming season. Again, most probably didn't even notice.

Of course, there are some true-blue Atlanta sports fans. But in the 25 years I have covered sports in that town, attendance has always been an issue.

Despite winning 14 straight division titles, the Braves only led the league in attendance once. In Game 4 in the 2010 NLDS, there were 6,000 empty seats. In the 2005 NLDS, there were 10,000 empty seats in Game 1 and 4,000 empties in Game 2. In the 2004 NLDS, there were 9,000 empty seats for Game 1 and 10,000 empties for Game 2.

Last season, the Hawks ranked 22nd in attendance in the NBA.

And don't forget the NHL!

It's bad enough Atlanta got another hockey team, the Thrashers, after losing one already, the Flames in 1980. But it happened again -- the Thrashers are now in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Winnipeg? How embarrassing. Atlanta is once again hockey-less. Why? Terrible fan support.

The NHL wanted to believe Atlanta is a major-league city, a city that could support all four major sports. But it can't. Atlanta is now the first city in the NHL's modern history to lose two hockey teams. So sad.

That's why it would be a waste for the NFL gods to allow the city of Atlanta to lukewarmly enjoy a postseason win.

The city and its lame fans simply don't deserve it.

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/football/espn-says-there-arent-many-falcons-fans/nnxhB/

ESPN correspondent Reese Waters must not have been at the Georgia Dome last Sunday when 69,904 fans watched the Falcons beat the Texans and improve to 4-0.

Waters walked around downtown Atlanta this week, trying to find Falcons fans. See the video here or below.

Waters wondered, "Are the fans actually going to be who the Falcons players deserve?"

He found one man that said, "I support the Braves and the Hawks ... I'm a Saints fan."

Waters also chatted with Seahawks and Patriots fans. He did find one vocal Falcons fan working at The Varsity.

Sunday's attendance did fall short of a sellout, which is 69,904 fans.

Standing in front of the Georgia Dome and the site of the future Falcons stadium, Waters concluded, "The Falcons are constructing a brand new stadium. But if you can't fill this one,  why are you building this one? You're constructing a stadium, you need to construct a brand new fan base. ... Atlanta, do better."

Waters did leave with one bit of encouragement. "The Falcons are good, they deserve your support," he said. "But I believe in you Atlanta fans."

ESPN also sparked a controversy Tuesday when it reported that veteran Falcons receiver Roddy White was unhappy about not being a bigger part of the offense so far this season. White later denied he was disgruntled.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13790969

Hey all, Falcon fan here.  Thanks for letting me join your board.  The Texans board still haven't approved me, so I just want to say I appreciate it. 

Not gonna make a prediction, because I'm never close. haha 

Good luck to you all on Sunday, heres to an injury free game.

I want to be positive about this and say that we're going to make this into a ball game.  The most important aspect of this game will be the TOP.  Which team will be selfish over the ball.

I am going to say Redskins 40-35.  I could be wrong but at least I am optimistic for the team this year.

Isn't technically saying winning TOP and then saying the score being 40-35 contradict itself?

That score is more like a shootout.

Winning TOP would be more like 2X-2X. Controllig the clock by running the ball, make one 80 yard drive take 8+ minutes ish AND scoring a TD not a FG. That's how the skins win. Can't even remember that last time the skins put up a 40 burger. Maybe the Jags last year?

Hey all, Falcon fan here.  Thanks for letting me join your board.  The Texans board still haven't approved me, so I just want to say I appreciate it. 

Not gonna make a prediction, because I'm never close. haha 

Good luck to you all on Sunday, heres to an injury free game.

Not holding my breath for a win but, the skins has always been known for losing a game people believing they would win [NY Giants] and winning games that everyone wrote them off like the Rams.

Here's to a great game! With no injuries on both sides.

Man it's some serious haters on this board. Let's keep it classy and just talk about this game Sunday. I could very easily respond with some negative stuff myself, but I know I'm a visitor and would like to be welcomed back.

Man it's some serious haters on this board. Let's keep it classy and just talk about this game Sunday. I could very easily respond with some negative stuff myself, but I know I'm a visitor and would like to be welcomed back.

You stirred the hornets nest and expected not to get stung.

No haters. That is reserved for other actual fan bases. 

You came in just a tad bit too hot there kiddo. 

But I will say I will take all of this back if Future is a Falcons fan. He's the best thing you guys have going at the moment. 

Eh, no haters, y'all just have to get into the swing of things. We've had to practice doing things to keep ourselves busy during football season for quite awhile, so the snark flies thick n fast sometimes. But don't take it personal. None of it is meant that way.

I for one kinda like have fans of different flavors join the convo, livens things up a bit. After the Falcahans get done passing for 800 yds on us this week, stop back by, the tone will be completely different, we'll be giving someone else a raft of ****  :lol:

Archived