Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Falcons Prediction Thread: Dirty Bird Feast?

skins island connection

Just realised I'm gonna' miss this as I'm in Belgium at a wedding. For some reason I thought it was Monday. 

Darn it. That's 2 games in a row I'll of completely missed. 

Hail. 

You do know if we do win this one then you may be banned from watching games the rest of the season ...

One thing I would say, we match up kind of horribly in this match up. Matty Ice is not going to be flustered by the pass rush too much and our secondary is going to have its hands full with JJ and company,

That said if we can control the ball on offense and not turn it over then we might have a chance . The falcons are 5th in rush defence but that is a little skewed because teams simply don't run on them, they are giving up 4.4. per carry and have given up the most rushing TDs in the league. I just think teams don't run on them because they get caught up in a shootout because the Falcons can put up points in a hurry.

I expect the falcons to win but we have a chance if the running game gets going early and keeps on rolling. A three pronged attack on the ground and a keep ball passing game will frustrate the falcons .

The key to winning on D is keeping the running game in check and get them into 3rd and longs brining heavy pressure simply because I don't think our secondary is up to the job of stopping the Falcons.

The worst thing that could happen would be we fall behind early and are forced to pass to keep up.

I'd really like a win but I don't know if we can pull it off..if we play cleanly and have zero TO's we may be close in the end..

I'd like to think we can get it done..but ATL is playing good football right now. They're 4-0 but should be 2-2(IMO)..

Skins....20

ATL......30

or

Skins....28

Birds....24

You do know if we do win this one then you may be banned from watching games the rest of the season ...

Well Hell. Nobody told me about this when I signed up darn it!

On the plus side for you, the planned return of the observation thread waits another week.

On the plus side for me, I have a Klopp to tied me over so life is good. :)

Hail.

Just realised I'm gonna' miss this as I'm in Belgium at a wedding. For some reason I thought it was Monday. 

Darn it. That's 2 games in a row I'll of completely missed. 

Hail. 

Well, I can help ya a little on this, if ya want.

[ hint ] they both say 'I Do' and drive away. the end.  :P

There's a few of us still. Was hoping for some objective banter. Guess theres none here?

Nah, we're just not finished with being happy over Cousins' GW drive.

We pretty much know the Falcons are very talented; hec, they HAVE to be, half the team is former Redskins !

Well, I can help ya a little on this, if ya want.

[ hint ] they both say 'I Do' and drive away. the end. :P ..... !

There's just one little flaw there .....

It's Belgium tradition for the happy couple to have a free, that's FREE bar all night long for everyone.

Now what sort of friend would I be if I didn't take FULL advantage of that? Ha ha.

Hail.

I agree with what some have said, they have talent but they are also a soft dome team learning to be tough under Quinn. They somehow drew the East in four of their first five games and have thus far taken advantage of it. The Giants had them, the Cowboys had them, the Eagles had them... We could get them.

Kyle gets too cute once or twice and our D takes advantage. 45 carries between our three backs for 200 yards and a 27-24 upset makes me a believer. Then I have to pray we find some consistency and do not go down to the completion the next couple of weeks that follow with the Jets and Bucs.

Atlanta is right behind GB, Arizona and Seattle in the NFC, but they are not the Pats.

there fans on what I think is their main message board are super, super chesty.  I don't blame them I guess ... 

But coming from a franchise whose entire history is all about coming up short ... you would think they would have a little more humility.  Oh well ... it will be super sweet to hand them  a loss. Ryan is pretty damn sick in the dome though. 

We're a ball control offense and the Falcons can be run on. Maybe we can keep the ball out of Ryans hands, and that explosive offense. The Falcons won't go undefeated, so maybe we can pull one off here.

I'll

Skins-24

Birds-21.

The Falcons are # 3 against the run. That plan won't work

Yup.

Look, Atlanta is having a good year but

- The Giants gave that game away

- The Eagles gave that game away

- The Hated Rival didn't close em out

- The Texans are QB-less

I ain't scared of the Falcons.  Yes, they will be tough down there...but they are not tough.  They're a dome team.  If Gruden turns the ballgame into a street fight instead of a skills competition, then we beat their ass AND Win.  That's right.

Washington  27

Atlanta         16

We are next week's upset special.

All I have to say is 60 minutes. I would comment on all the game but I will sum up the Philly game. We had the lead all but two minutes of the Philly game, so if anybody gave the game away it would have been the Falcons. Each week we have been getting better.

Falcons are good and their coach has the D playing way above there heads. However we can win this game:

1. Falcons not good against the run, and the Redskins will be the first team they face with a very strong run game that can throw as well. (Dallas no romoSUCKS, Giants, Eagles and Texans either can't run as well or had terrible QB's.) So it is the first game against a balanced attack that can really run the ball.

2. Their O line is not great, our stopping their run may be the key to the game. We should also be able to get pressure.

3. We know the Kyle Shanahan offense well.

4. Our biggest threat is to stop Julio, control the game with the run and stop their run.

We can do this; 24-20 Redskins.

We basically assemble new starters to the interior of our offensive line a week before the season started and our offensive line is currently ranked #1 for pressure against the QB. We just hung 48 points on the JJ Watt led Texans defense and we sat our starters on both sides of the ball with 3 minutes remaining in the ball game. Julio hardly played. Julio will take away two of your players on D, and if you try to blitz Ryan is good at recognizing coverage and getting the ball to the player one on one or who is open.

The Falcons are currently ranked 3rd in the NFL against the run at 85 yards a game. We had a bad half against Dallas but the 2nd half we shut them down for 5 carries (-4 yard). Most of the runs was big runs that Players didn't play their gap or missed tackles. Coach Quinn quickly corrected that. We play cover 3, nothing is going deep. Cousins will have to dink and dunk his way down the field.

Knowing Shanahan offense doesn't matter. We have so many weapons .

As of offense we are currently averaging about 408 yards a game. Julio is averaging 120 yards/game (not even half of our offense). It goes back to what I was saying about our other weapons.

Matt Ryan is a different player in the dome.

Good luck.

So many people worried about Julio, including me.  But a friend of mine who is an Atlanta fan said Julio has been nursing a hammy and that he barely played yesterday.  I didn't watch the game to verify this.  He said yesterday was more about their run game.  That could be good for us.  He actually said he is a little worried about playing us because he knows our run defense has been doing so well.

Your friend sounds like a band-wagon fan who probably jumped on the last few weeks. I can tell you he is wrong. Shanahan called a excellent game. Yes they ran the ball but Ryan also had 250 yards passing. You don't want to pass a lot when you are facing Clowney and Watt.

Atlanta could have EASILY lost to the Eagles and Giants AND had to come back against a romoSUCKS/dez-less Cowboys. 

Too much conclusion jumping. Many think we are about to be brought down to earth, but I see the Falcons as the team flying way out of their zone right now.

Skins shut down their run game. Keep the game close. Finally get a couple of TOs.

Skins 31

Falcons 24 

We had the lead all but two minutes against the Eagles. They were the ones that was getting smoked and came back to take the lead, but then we took the lead right back. We are a pass first team. You have to have a solution for our passing game first. If you can't stop the pass, the run game will open up due to your safety being occupied.

Really rate this Falcons team and coaching staff personally. Think they're genuine Super Bowl contenders. Great game to see where exactly this Skins team is at. 

We'll have to score over 30 points to win this I reckon. I'm worried about the Julio v a not fully healthy Culliver match up. 

Hope we sneak it but realistically once we're competitive and still in the game till the end I'll be pretty content. 

They are a testament to patience and stability. They had 3-4 years of great success immediately after drafting Matt Ryan. Then, they had two down years in 2013 and 2014 (which is tough to stomach in the prime of a good QB's career). Yet, they weathered the storm and are now a team poised to challenge GB and Seattle in the NFC. 

24-17 Redskins. Matt Jones beasts out and keeps the Falcons off the field, Jackson grabs a bomb, and the Falcons are grounded. This is what I hope happens.

What I fear will happen is that the Skins will get down several TD's before the game turns into a blowout.

Nobody is mentioning this, but Atlanta has the Thursday night game on 10/15 at New Orleans.  So they have to double game plan this week, and why not overlook the ****bag Redskins while you get ready for the Saints?  

Trust me Coach Quinn won't allow that.

There's a few of us still. Was hoping for some objective banter. Guess theres none here?

Welcome to the board. We have homers in here like you guys probably do on your board.  And we have doom and gloomers in here, just like on your board.  For the most part, a lot of good posters on this site. Sometimes they'll yank your chain to just mess with you.  We had a huge influx of Dolphins and Rams fans this year, but surprisingly not a lot of Giants fans.  We had our usual amount of Eagles fans. Follow the rules and try not to rile some people up and you'll be OK. 

Trust me Coach Quinn won't allow that.

Welcome also.  I will have to say, I did pick you guys to win.  But I'll tell you the same thing I told the Dolphins and Rams fans that came in here.  It won't be as easy as you think.  While we are still trying to gain an identity and get everyone playing on the same page, the attitude of the team has changed from "I don't give ****, pay me" to "you might beat us, but you'll feel it in the morning." 

Our GM is throwing the banhammer down on the roster when guys don't have what he wants.  It's going to take him a couple of years, but I think by year 3 under him, we should be ready to seriously contend. I said 27-23 Falcons. The first quarter will be telling if we came to play or not.

I thought we played well enough to beat Miami.  We played a good game against the Rams.  We regressed against the Giants, but all in all, we had our chances against them, but faltered.  We came to play against Philly.  So, we've had 2 good games, 1 OK game and 1 not so good game.

So, just remember, Rams fans had to come back and eat crow (and they did to their credit), so I'm just saying, don't take us lightly. I think the one poster was thinking, because you play a division rival (New Orleans) on Thursday, that we may be overlooked as an easy win (not that your coaches won't prepare the team), thinking about a division rival.

I didn't even realize this was a look ahead game for the Falcons.  I do NOT like them in this spot here.

Is there any way these guys go 4-0 vs the East?

That's kind of a long shot.  Heck, Detroit should have beat Seattle last night IN SEATTLE!

Back judge cost Detroit the game.

Lighten up, Francis. It was just a joke.

We generally treat all fans of other teams with respectful jabbing, unless they are trolling. then they get the hammer. You are not unwelcome here.

Hey guys, Falcons fan here. I just want to note a few positives for our team and some negatives and what I think.

Freeman is on some roll ... was he impressing in preseason or is this out of nowhere, didn't realize he was a 4th round pick. 

When Ryan has lost at home, what did it take, or was a mixed bag of stuff every time ..?

Skins need to keep this close at half, no worse than one score down, and then weather the 3rd Quarter, which has been nightmarish for us on offense ... be on plus side of TO. 

I wonder what kind of game we'll get, both teams top 5 in 3rd down conversions, top 5 TOP, top 5 run defense, 

What gives with ATL being 30th in pass D? I know there has only been real blowout right? 

Archived