Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Falcons Prediction Thread: Dirty Bird Feast?

skins island connection

Losing always sucks, but I can't bring myself to be angry about this game being lost.  Atlanta is just a team on a mission right now. Too many weapons.

When I look at how our team wins games, I think Atlanta will be able to exploit the "zero margin for error" fashion in which we operate.  For example, for the most part our defense was good against the Eagles, but just a few slip ups and the Eagles were up able to drop 20 points.  That was with our defense playing well the majority of the game. No really, stop and think about that for a second. The Eagles basically played 1 quarter (maaaybe a quarter and a half at the most) of decent football and they still nearly won the game.  That is how tiny our margin for error is.

Secondary too banged up and just overall not talented to contain that WR core.  Atlanta is the first offense we are playing this season that is really firing on all cylinders. 

Falcons 31

'Skins 20

Guys, the NFL is random. None of us know **** about ****.

Im not optimistic about winning but I don't see a blowout

I don't know **** about **** either. That's why they call this the PREDICTION thread. To PREDICT what we think will happen. If we knew what would happen, this thread wouldn't be fun, would it? :D

I predict we lose 31-28. Falcons win it late with a FG.

Trap game for the Falcons. 

Yup.

Look, Atlanta is having a good year but

- The Giants gave that game away

- The Eagles gave that game away

- The Hated Rival didn't close em out

- The Texans are QB-less

I ain't scared of the Falcons.  Yes, they will be tough down there...but they are not tough.  They're a dome team.  If Gruden turns the ballgame into a street fight instead of a skills competition, then we beat their ass AND Win.  That's right.

Washington  27

Atlanta         16

We are next week's upset special.

This game could vary to me, although I do pretty much assume a loss.  The falcons look... explosive on offense with a nice stable of WRs and RBs to go along with an improving matty ice, and have what looks to be a keeper as a HC in dan quinn already, since he's getting a ton out of his defense who only has I think 2 new starters from last year.

I think we could lose 42-24 and not be surprised, or perhaps a closer loss like 31-27.  I think the only way we win this game is if we win it like the Rams game, the quintessential ball control game where we sort of just kick their ass physically for us to win it.  That's also why I think we don't really have much of a shot to win this one.  It's just too much of an assumption until we see it on the field a time or two. On the road especially.

It would be pretty incredible to win this game.  But it feels like the giants game where it just doesn't seem possible to me. 

Julio is going to kick our ass down by the school yard 

I say we lose 35-27

Having seen Atlanta last season playing in London against Detroit this is a completely different team, playing with real attitude compared to then.  Could be that going in to Dallas beating up their QB and putting almost 40 points on the board gave this team some real belief.

Perhaps our downfall will be our reliance on short to middle passing yardage.  We may hope for Desean to return but Atlanta do have receivers like Julio Jones on the field that can stretch us all over the place and can be unstoppable at times.  I notice their new RB Freeman had a big day catching passes too (admittedly against weak opposition). 

Right now, I think Atlanta 27-13

"Julio is going to kick our ass down by the school yard" (Taco Bell)..... quite possible!

The Falcons are a quality team this year on both sides of the ball.  Matt Ryan's looking better than ever and Julio is beastly.

Don't see the Skins hanging with them but I will hope they can make it close.

Redskins - 24

Falcons - 37

I have faith in our ability to stop (or at least limit) the run, so if the front 7 can get to Ryan consistently, either before their WRs can run the deeper routes or even enough to rattle him at the throw, I see us having a legitimate shot at this one.

Would I put my $$$ on it? Oh HELL no

But............

Right now

This morning, after yesterday's dogfight, I have hope

We need more than FGs, need to control TOP, but first and foremost we need to go in there and punch 'em in da mout, first play blow their line up and steamroll their QB, set the tone, yanno? Like Scot said, let this team know they played us and I'll be good with whatever the outcome is.

Well, its Monday morning and I'm STILL in a good mood !

The key to winning this game will be solely on the defense. It will be a huge task, but if Barry can design some nice blitz schemes to disrupt their timing, and we can bump their WRs off the line, it will cause Ryan to panic and give more time for the front to get after him.

Yes it is a stretch to say on paper that we win, but that's why they play the game, and even the best have off days. even though I never had a dislike for Kyle, I always thought he would be a good young OC given time, it would still be nice to see him scowl on the sidelines if we had the ball with a kick-ass running game, a 2 pt lead, and a minute left on the clock.

Love my Skins, but Atlanta is too strong and we're not quite up there with the big boys yet. I think we go in with a ball control attack and create a few turnovers to keep the game close, but their offense pulls it away in the end after a late rally by the Redskins. I also think this game will be close because we are good at stopping the run, and Anderson isn't going to go crazy like he did against the Texans, but our secondary still is not good. The Eagles' offensive line, and lack of run game absoluted negated their success in the air against us this past week.

31-21 Falcons, but I would love to eat falcon, err crow next week after a win. I'll be there to see it if we do.

Atlanta is looking SUPER.

This game would be a challenge for the Redskins D when healthy.

FG's ain't gonna cut it when the other team is scoring TD's.

41-16 dirty birds.

Atlanta is a better team right now, and as long as the Redskins show some fight, I ain't mad.

Atlanta could easily start 9-0. Their schduele is cake, us included. They have 2 games I think are tossups for them, the 2 Panthers games and the Colts. They are staring at 13-3.

This will be an easy victory for them.

I started to like your post, but I don't like it. I just agree with it. Our secondary cannot begin to compete with their receivers. And their back will gash us all day.

The Falcons are legitimately good.  The 'Skins are ok, and improving.  

27-17 Falcons.  

There is a chance for an upset IF Reed is cleared from the concussion, DJax plays, they can establish the run, and Culliver can actually run at full speed.  

If all of those things don't happen, then I don't think that they'll be able to win on the road.  

Defense is also going to have to just come up huge.  Through 4 games, they've scored 137 points.  Only the Cardinals have scored more points.  Matt Ryan tends to be very good at home.  

Falcons are good and their coach has the D playing way above there heads. However we can win this game:

1. Falcons not good against the run, and the Redskins will be the first team they face with a very strong run game that can throw as well. (Dallas no Romo, Giants, Eagles and Texans either can't run as well or had terrible QB's.) So it is the first game against a balanced attack that can really run the ball.

2. Their O line is not great, our stopping their run may be the key to the game. We should also be able to get pressure.

3. We know the Kyle Shanahan offense well.

4. Our biggest threat is to stop Julio, control the game with the run and stop their run.

We can do this; 24-20 Redskins.

Archived