Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Falcons Prediction Thread: Dirty Bird Feast?

skins island connection

Thanks y'all.  I actually hope the Skins win the NFC East.  I loved watching the Eagles lose last weekend.  Can't stand Philly or Dallas... nor Eli or OBJ.  And here's a cool little tidbit of info.  I actually live in Kirk Cousins hometown of Holland Michigan and got to meet him a few years ago when he was the guest speaker at a function my work had put on.  Nice guy, and I hope he sticks with the Skins. 

Man it's some serious haters on this board.

Bruh. You're the Falcons... Not much to be jealous of. Good team this year though. And most of us have y'all winning this one anyway. We are a team in transition, building a foundation. You SHOULD win, but there's no guarantee that is what will play out, or that if you do win, it will come easily.

These boys have heart. Lots of it. Very easy to underestimate them

Falcons 68, Redskins 6. Kirk Cousins gets the ball on the Falcons 10 yard line with 6 minutes to play, and drives the ball 90 yards backwards for a safety. Jay Gruden says that Kirk showed a lot of versatility by being able to do the exact opposite thing he did against the Eagles. He then says that Rg3 did a poor job cleaning the locker room urinals before half-time.

I have no ill will towards Hankerson or Kyle Shanahan. I have a lot of respect for Kyle. I didn't think that was unusual, but sometimes you read posts or talk to people and they give you this look when you say that.

I'm thinking we score more than we have previously this season, I also think the Falcons unfortunately edge us out. Kyle scheming plus Julio, Matt Ryan, and their RB's are all threats to catch a checkdown for a big gain? Really hard to stop. Their defense is a work in progress, they'll probably finish the year better than they are now. That said, we can gash them with the run. I think this is a game where both Jones and Morris go off.

All about 7 vs 3 in the red zone. I don't think Reed will play which hurts us, I think we kick a few too many FG's. If we win, it'll be because our LB's, Safeties, and the do it all Jarrett have really good games.

Current prediction is Skins 30, Falcons 31.

DSGB comes in here guaranteeing wins and statistics and then calls others haters when they take offense to that bravado lol

That Dan Quinn kookaid is powerful stuff

I keep reading "Falcon Fans this" and "Falcon Fans that" DSGB doesn't speak for me or any other fan. I am a football fan and my favorite team is the Falcons. But I've been a fan since the days we were in the west and stunk it up year in and year out. The Matt Ryan era has been the very best and I mean that. When you're used to mediocrity then run into years of success unlike that of the past, people just can't handle it or remain humble over it. The result is this, people running to each others message boards taking pot shots and getting personally insulted (lol). Most of us are pretty cool and to answer some of you, yes we have our own little message board with real users. :)

I keep reading "Falcon Fans this" and "Falcon Fans that" DSGB doesn't speak for me or any other fan. I am a football fan and my favorite team is the Falcons. But I've been a fan since the days we were in the west and stunk it up year in and year out. The Matt Ryan era has been the very best and I mean that. When you're used to mediocrity then run into years of success unlike that of the past, people just can't handle it or remain humble over it. The result is this, people running to each others message boards taking pot shots and getting personally insulted (lol). Most of us are pretty cool and to answer some of you, yes we have our own little message board with real users. :)

Hopefully you noticed that none of the vitriol came out until what's his face turned up, so don't take it personally. :)

Went through the same thing vs the Rams - vast majority of our fans were predicting a big loss and Rams fans showed up to stomp on the handful of optimists... **** move IMO.

Noticed teams haven't run on you guys much, though YPC indicates they've had some success against your D. What do you attribute that to?

Personally, I think if the team was relatively healthy* we'd be a great match for you guys, but we're a far cry from it, so I expect a bit of a whooping from you guys.

Anyway, here's to a good, injury free game. :)

* top 2 TEs out (one is leading the league in 1st downs), Desean probably still out, Deangelo Hall out, other starting corner seriously banged up, strong safety on IR, starting G on IR, etc.

Hopefully you noticed that none of the vitriol came out until what's his face turned up, so don't take it personally. :)

Went through the same thing vs the Rams - vast majority of our fans were predicting a big loss and Rams fans showed up to stomp on the handful of optimists... **** move IMO.

Noticed teams haven't run on you guys much, though YPC indicates they've had some success against your D. What do you attribute that to?

Personally, I think if the team was relatively healthy* we'd be a great match for you guys, but we're a far cry from it, so I expect a bit of a whooping from you guys.

Anyway, here's to a good, injury free game. :)

* top 2 TEs out (one is leading the league in 1st downs), Desean probably still out, Deangelo Hall out, other starting corner seriously banged up, strong safety on IR, starting G on IR, etc.

I'm not here to rain on anybodys parade.  Anything can happen in the NFL.  The first two and a half games were ugly to me, I even turned off our game against the Giants and took a nap at half time. lol 

For the most part, our run defense has been pretty solid.  The guys up front are getting penetration, and the linebackers have been good at chasing the ball carrier down.  We held DeMarco Murray to eight yards, I think.  Something like that.  Sproles was the one that got us.  As far as the Dallas game, most of their rushing yards came on that first drive where they broke two 40ish yard runs in three plays.  After that, our D calmed down and was able to put the clamps on it.

If anything is a weakness on our team, it's the pass rush. (Still)  Hopefully Beasley has a breakout game soon, the kid is so fast with his first step, but he's always trying to bend the corner and gets pushed past the pocket a lot.  He has to trust his spin move.  We also play heavy, with Tyson Jackson and Paul Soliai and I think teams check out of the run and take advantage of that.

As I stated before, I like Cousins.  I live in his hometown.  But I just don't trust him much.  I've seen way too many ugly games for me to be a believer in him.  I hope he eventually proves me wrong, because I'm cheering for him.

Of course, we've always been good at making mediocre QB's and rookie QB's look like Dan Marino.  Hopefully that changes though, because this team doesn't feel like the same ol Falcons.

I really hope we pressure Ryan early, and stuff Kyle's new found toys right back in his toy box, that he always seems to have at his disposal as he job hops around the NFL. I would like to see a big fat L posted on them, and start the process of internal strife that seems to follow Kyle around. 

I think its telling that he got his first NFL job after being a graduate assistant for one year. The dude can draw up Xs and O's but think he owes Kubiak a lot for the spine of his playbook. And Nevada for some of their playbook too.

I see a chirping falcon got lost and guarantees to keep our backs under 100

243.gif

The one guy no one is accounting for is the one I think will be burning us all day.  Roddy White.  Julio will play injured but the Falcons will see this as an opportunity to keep White happy after his comments this week.  They let Julio recover by targeting White all game against "that second rate Washington secondary".  At this point who would we have covering him, Blackmon?  Dunbar?  That's not a good matchup however you slice it.

Here's hoping the coaching staff doesn't forget about Roddy because he's gonna be trying to make some noise this week.

I think this is the week our injuries finally prove too much to overcome.  We play hard, but come up short.

I still say Falcons wipe the floor with us. But I have been wrong about every game so far this season.

See, that might piss me off. I can handle losing this game, the Falcs are rollin', but wipe the floor with us?

I wanna see this club show up- play hard, limit the stupid yellow laundry displays and play 'til the end, do that and I'll accept a loss gracefully.

One of those throwback Benny Hill themed games and I'll be smokin'

I think there could be several lead changes early in this game. But both lines eventually wear them down and we take control in the 4th.

Skins - 27

Falcons - 24

If we were to win (and it is a big IF), we would have a winning record for the first time in like 2 or 3 years.

To win, I think this will need to resemble that 2008 game in Dallas. We will need 5-6 scoring drives with at least 2 of them resulting in TDs. We will need to control the clock and limit the dynamic passing game. 

We'll see...could be fun. Not a lot of pressure in this game so maybe that will help a young team rise to the occasion!

Archived