Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

Stop spamming the thread.

Wasn't intentional.  Was using my phone and must have done something wrong  Just saw this when scrolling through this morning.  It reads like I'm having a nervous breakdown but I actually was really happy with the pick lol.....

I'm all in on Landon Collins for round 2 if we can trade back a few spots and still get him.  Fits the attitude and identity Scott is trying to develop here.  Hard worker, no character issues and loves the Redskins.  Theyre looking for guys with Great passion who love the game."  All the intangibles that our front office mentioned about Scherff before drafting him also apply to Collins

One thing that talent evaluators tend to forget is one thing that does not show up in the combine or on necessarily on tape is personality and I think that can be the difference .

I also think it is good that we stayed true to our board . One thing I think is interesting is how this board would have reacted had the raiders selected Williams and Cooper was available.... sheesh .

I would be tempted on Landon Collins but unless there is a trade back it is not going to happen (unless SM sees him as a potential Cam Chancellor type..) but in a way for his sake I hope he get picked elsewhere....

I personally think the pick is going to be Gregory ... two names that have been mentioned by SM in the run up to the draft were Schreff and Gregory....

One thing about investigation, everybody who has relations with a person is questioned!!! So I really would say Low risk/ High reward...Its been a while since it happend.

at this point I would say:

? risk/ high reward

I don't know how anyone can form an opinion without actually being privy to the investigation. Otherwise you're going off the media and public opinion, which has a terrible, terrible track record of getting these things right.

I'll feel bad for him if it turns out he's done nothing wrong and was never really considered a suspect. I think it's unfair the NFL denied his request to drop for the supplemental draft. The NFL has beaten the teams into caring about public opinion and the whims of SJW's. Now they're punishing a player with little to no reason because of it.

This guy is losing serious money by falling out of the first round, and no one outside of him and the investigators actually knows if he's done anything wrong.

Roger Goodell's NFL, this is how it works now.

Another guy who can jump out of a pool.

SO we add better drainage to FedEx field so he can't have that opportunity.

We'll see on that one.

Absolutely right. Everyone wants to pick an edge rushers that constantly kills the opposing QB (we already have one of those .. Ryan Kerrigan) or a wide receiver that regularly runs 80 yard TD routes (we already have at least one if not to or three of those). But in order for us to keep our offense on the field, we desperately needed more than just Trent Williams. Scherff is a solid pick, and after watching more tape of him, I like him a lot! He's got a mean and nasty streak that we just haven't seen on our OL for a LONG time!

After seeing something like 7-8 OL in the First Round taken, I don't feel bad about this pick, if he's good that means RG3 has no excuses.....is what I'd like to think.

I'll disagree with you on WR, because i Still feel that one of the three, Roberts, Jackson, or Garcon will not be here next year, or the following year.  Because of that, and since I expect Moss is gone soon, We need to groom a guy to take over.   However, right now, If there are any monster Tight Ends, or Backs who can do well in Pass protection, I'd be looking at them soon.

On this date we'll see who was the best player available... Scherff or Williams!!

To be fair, Williams might face our Williams or will face both Scherff and our Williams... Not exactly fair to me, but I'm already wishing him luck!

On the other hand, our DL will be facing Ereck Flowers instead of Scherff twice a year when playing the Giants, I love that. They must be really ****ed up right now lol.

When people mention "best player available" shouldn't that mean "the guy you think will contribute to the team's success the most over the next 5 years."  BPA as a hard and fast rule isn't optimal.  It's better than reaching for guys that fill immediate needs without looking at the big picture, but team success should be the #1 goal.  Using this logic, I can easily see why Scherff was chosen.

What's your point?  There isn't a team in the league that will be 100% satisfied at every position.

I think if they're not considering trading down at every pick, then they're not doing their jobs correctly.  It should always be at least a consideration no matter how much you like a player.

I've always said it, BPA vs Need doesn't exist. It's just a theory to sell paper, because two points:

- Nobody draft the worst player available just for fun.

- How can you rate a QB against a CB in terms of BPA? Totally different positions with totally different requirements. No one ever have the same BPA as the next guy.

If I was the GM I would call Collins directly and ask a number of point blank questions. I am also in the same camp that we should draft him in the lower rounds. He will be a steal.

I would have already called his agent. I do have concerns but hope for the guy is isn't involved at all in it. Going the leap of faith with him might do wonders in your relation with the guy as being the only one that trusted him enough to take the risk while every one backed off.

That would be another guy ready to fight to the death for you.

I grade that an F

He better make multiple pro bowls at G. But I doubt it. smells like Vinny

This is the opposite of that. Vinny options in last nights scenario:

1. Trading the pick and next years for Adrian Peterson.

2. Trading up one spot to draft Cooper and give up our second and second next year.

3. Trading out of the first round for a first next year and two second rounders. He had to make that trade because we can't afford to pay number 5 and pay the 50 million signing bonus we paid Suh.

I am still livid from last night, you guys say what you want about this pick.  To me it was trash, period with L Williams there.  The Jets right now have potentially the best DL in football and you can bet Tom Brady just about know is thinking, maybe good time to retire?

And here is the rub.  Jets no way needed him as bad as we did.  You say we have Hatcher?  really at 33 years old?  Paea? Francois?  Honestly who do we have on our DL right now that projects to be here 2 years from now and he would be All pro like L Williams probably will be?  YOU DON'T PASS ON THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE DRAFT to pickup a OG that you will try to make into a RT.  I am sorry guys, as good as Kerrigan has been for us this move will bite us in the A-- as us that one trading back and not getting JJ Watt.

I'm a little bummed in that I thought Bryon Jones, Radle were gonna be there for us in 2nd... Along with Landon and Collins from LSU.

I thought we go DB in 2nd, but maybe edge rusher with Harold

Ill go with either (Landon) Collins or Kendricks. Collins would be depth while he learned; Kendricks could be a good fit from day one with his ability in coverage, something we've struggled with at that position.

I am still livid from last night, you guys say what you want about this pick.  To me it was trash, period with L Williams there.  The Jets right now have potentially the best DL in football and you can bet Tom Brady just about know is thinking, maybe good time to retire?

And here is the rub.  Jets no way needed him as bad as we did.  You say we have Hatcher?  really at 33 years old?  Paea? Francois?  Honestly who do we have on our DL right now that projects to be here 2 years from now and he would be All pro like L Williams probably will be?  YOU DON'T PASS ON THE BEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER IN THE DRAFT to pickup a OG that you will try to make into a RT.  I am sorry guys, as good as Kerrigan has been for us this move will bite us in the A-- as us that one trading back and not getting JJ Watt.

...so how'd that Clowney guy work out so far?

Alright, so looking at who's available; hopeful round 2 targets if we stick where we are or move back just a little bit.

OLB - Gregory, Odighizuwa, Harold

DT - Phillips, Goldman

ILB - Kendricks, Perryman, McKinney, Dawson

CB - Collins, Williams

S - Collins, Rowe

WR - Strong, Green-Beckham

OT - TJ Clemmings, Fisher

...so how'd that Clowney guy work out so far?

Are you serious?  you putting Clowney in this conversation when the kid had a terrible injury?  Like this can't happen at anyone time to any player?  Or are you going to tell me that if this was last year's draft you would have been ok with us selecting the best OG instead of Clowney?  You all seem to forget, the game this kid played against MD.  You guys seem to forget this kid projects much better as a LG than a RT....oh I forgot we will coach him up.  Then why couldn't we coach Moses up? 

I had just made a post on this angle, too. 

(quote from Scot before the draft, from hammer's write-up)

“If you want to play in the playoffs, especially in a division like this, you’re going to play in bad weather,” he said moments later. “You’re not going to be able to drop back and throw it 15, 20 times. You’ve got to run the rock, and [larger linemen] usually stay healthier, they’re usually meaner, I don’t know why. But they can get movement up front, so all of a sudden you’re running between the tackles or coming down hill. That’s what you need. And to each their own philosophy, but I’ve had more success with the bigger-bodied guys than smaller.”

While initially I thought we were crazy for not taking Williams, I fully understand taking Scherff. It was a good pick two fold: We needed OL help if he plays RT or guard either way it is major upgrade. I think Callahan might have had some influence in this decision. NYG really wanted him. We fill a major need and we screw the Giants. Win Win :)

Honestly if the value is in the OL I have NO problem loading up on it this year and passing on other "holes" or perceived holes. Could we use a WR as insurance for beyond 2015? Sure. But if we can establish a mean young stacked OL in one draft (or two if Moses and Long carry over) then I'm all in.

For me ... Trade from 38 to mid-50's and get a 3rd. Draft AJ Cann. Then go Abdullah, CB/FS in 3rd ...

Im thinking they could be targeting an ILB in the next 2 rounds a lot more than people think...

Well right now whats done is done.  IMO Scherff should play next to Trend as a LG, and yes with those two we will have the nastiest Left OL in football IMO.  Morris will be able to run behind these two all day long.  In the 2nd round if we can get Clemmins or Fisher, either one can be a decent to good RT.... 

I was so happy the Redskins drafted Scherff.  I've been imagining him in a Redskins uniform for a couple of weeks.   He was not a reach.  IMHO, he is a top-5 talent "in this draft" and he was not making it past the Giants at #9. 

The Redskins OL will not be the laughingstock of the league any longer!  And I don't think he's finished addressing the OL. 

Thanks, McC!  You are the man!

Archived