Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

Man, Brown and Goldman falling.

I would love Brown in the 2nd.  1st round talent, future NT.  Would be nice.

Would also be fine trading back and still getting Phillip or Davis.  Might be some good chips in the early 2nd to snag us a 3rd.  Gregory, Clemmings, Collins, Kendricks.

Oh no, Laken gone. Was hoping we'd double dip at 38.

Unless the Redskins trade down to the middle of the second round, I don't see them picking another OL at #38.  I would guess a DL or edge rusher, but I truly have no idea...which is a lot of fun.  Keep 'um guessing McC!!!

People are skeptical because we passed on a player many talent evaluators considered the best player in the draft and a potentially transcendent defensive lineman in the vein of JJ Watt.

A JJ Watt-talent is more valuable than any all-pro guard/right tackle-talent

I have a hard time believing that when all top 5 teams passed on a guy who they thought was JJ Watt reincarnate - unless they though otherwise. 

Do you think the 4 GMs ahead of us drafted based on need, or blindly took their BPA?

My thinking, we see GMs drafting to needs at times.

I always eliminate QB from BPA, at least at the top of drafts. Position is just unique.

Fowler and Cooper both could have been BPA on those boards.

In looking at video of Scherff again after the pick, there are a couple of things that stood out I hadn't considered. It's also entirely possible I'm trying to justify this pick, so take it with a grain of salt.

Scherff appears to be very athletic for his size and have good feet. He also makes bad decisions and needs grooming. Very good going forward. Needs help with backing up. It also looks like one of the worst overall lines at Iowa I've seen in a while. With coaching, he might be good. He's definitely a natural athlete. He definitely needs work. I still think he's a 50/50 guy. He might be good, he might bust out. Would've been happier with a 60/40 guy like Williams, Shelton, or even, dare I say it, Gurley.

I have a hard time believing that when all top 5 teams passed on a guy who they thought was JJ Watt reincarnate - unless they though otherwise. 

Well two of those teams drafted who they hope will be their franchise QB, which is obviously the most valuable piece any team can have. Another drafted a player who will be the keystone to their entire defense, in the mind of their head coach. And another drafted a sure thing #1 wide receiver who's been compared to HOFer Tim Brown, for their 2nd year franchise QB.

No one knows anything at this point. It's all guesswork and prediction. But as much as I like McCloughan, I'm not going to pretend like he's some infallible savior. The only other offensive lineman he's drafted as a general manager was Chilo Rachal, 39th overall.

don't know if this was posted if so sorry, otherwise great article about Scherff, Ross Tucker among others loves the guy.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2015/04/why_some_teams_including_the_giants_look_at_brando.html

Wow. I know it's mostly quotes from his coaches (and their natural bias), but holy cow - this guy completely fits Scot's desired identity.

Some of my favorites:

"He stands on the shoulders of the teammates that have come before him. Standing on the shoulders of Bulaga and Reiff. He's learned it. He's added to it. But he absolutely exemplifies in every way what we want our guys to be like," Doyle said. "You talk about tough, smart, physical. You talk about humble, never forget where you came from. And hungry to go out and prove something. That's him.

"Watch him play. He is going to make sure when he walks off the field that the guy he played against knows who was is in charge."

The translation here with the size, strength and athleticism? Scherff is a straight freak. But the Iowa coaches—and Scherff's former teammates—will tell you that it starts with his football character. That's what makes him a true star in this game. -- (Writers words, not a quote)

PS - Really not happy with Cowboys getting Jones. Really, all 3 division foes picked pretty well.

I hate to say it, but nobody at the top of Rd 2 excites me, as Rd 1 talent. but Randy Gregory is a slam dunk in Rd 2 if he's available.. I know he would be gamble, but with a higher upside than Landon Collins or Eric Rowe.

Well, Jones was one of the guys I thought would sneak into our pick choices. Good pick by Dallas, solid football player.

eh, he appears to me like a combine warrior, tall, tight hips. Looks good in spandex, but may not necessarily translate to the field. Reminds me of Jimmy Smith from Colorado that the Ravens selected a few years ago. 

Though, he certainly has potential, so what do i know.

I hate to say it, but nobody at the top of Rd 2 excites me, as Rd 1 talent. but Randy Gregory is a slam dunk in Rd 2 if he's available.. I know he would be gamble, but with a higher upside than Landon Collins or Eric Rowe.

If Gregory is available when we pick, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

My Skins board for tomorrow..

Jake Fisher OT

Eric Kendricks ILB

Jaelen Strong WR

Randy Gregory OLB

Alex Carter CB/FS

Eric Rowe FS

AJ Cann OG

Eli Harold OLB

Carl Davis DT

Fisher my #1 OT still on the board. Unbelievable value. 

Certainly a few names that fell.  Will make the beginning of tomorrow exciting as well.  

With La'el Collins not being considered a suspect, I have to say Scherff and Collins as LG and RT would get me pretty excited (pending Collins being cleared completely).  Two guys that play with a mean streak.

1. Still available: OLB Randy Gregory, S Landon Collins, OG/T La'El Collins, OT T.J. Clemmings, DT Eddie Goldman, DT Jordan Phillips...

2.  NationalFootballPost retweeted

Available: WR Dorial Green-Beckham, WR Jaelen Strong, CB Jalen Collins, OT Jake Fisher, DE Eli Harold, RB Tevin Coleman, OT Donovan Smith.

Archived