Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

The more I examine this pick the more I'm thoroughly happy with it. Like most here I was disappointed we passed on Wiliams but how can any fan not be excited about the team finally addressing the RT position! Moses unfortunately wasn't the answer and there is a chance that Trent isn't here next year. This pick addresses both issues.

Apparently AlMo has said he approves of our pick, too. :)

I think they desperately need a blocking TE who can set the edge. Scherff is going to immediately help the right side on the run game. But if the TE gets blown up consistently, that's going to make Morris' job harder.

The Redskins picked the Trent Williams of this years draft.

He will start from day one and unless he gets hurt, we'll never look back.

Locker room leader, rock SOLID.

A no fail pick from a team that has failed on too many picks in the past.

Scherf isn't projected to play tackle at the nfl level. That's one of the reasons that pick sucked

I don't know where you got that nonsense from, but he was high on almost everyone's board. Considered the best OL prospect in the draft. He would have certainly been gone in the next few picks after us if we didn't take him.

But obviously, they all had him high because he can't play in the NFL! (/sarcasm)

I think they desperately need a blocking TE who can set the edge. Scherff is going to immediately help the right side on the run game. But if the TE gets blown up consistently, that's going to make Morris' job harder.

Worse,  now we need a TE who can block and catch, and a RB who can find guys to block in Pass Pro :/

6 O-line picks in 24 Selections...

Again...Again...Just Sayin :)

It's like SM knew that he could pick the best OL at 5 because he wasn't going to get a top OL in the second.

Maybe dude knows something. I wouldn't have minded Williams. But I like addressing the OL with a high pick.

I don't know where you got that nonsense from, but he was high on almost everyone's board. Considered the best OL prospect in the draft. He would have certainly been gone in the next few picks after us if we didn't take him.

But obviously, they all had him high because he can't play in the NFL! (/sarcasm)

He said projected to PLAY TACKLE in the NFL...just for the record

I do not understand this board or Skins fans in general sometimes. We collectively know we have sucked on the oline over the last 5+ years. We have patch worked our way to mediocre at best abaolute crap at our worst.

We have CLEAR need and take the best OL prospect in the draft after no one clearly offered us a trade which had better value for the #5 pick and people complain. People pull their hair out like the sky is falling. This kid is not perfect. Few rookie prospects are but he has versatility. Can play LG or RT and has enough talent to start at either position day #1!

We have one of the best if not the best Oline coach in the business today and yet people still ****. It makes no sense to me. Maybe a bit of a need pick but our needs have not been addressed in the past at this pick adresses a need.

Once we took Sherff there was a run on Oline talent. It seems like we knew that we were not going to be able to trade back and get this guy. I don't think the Saints would have taken Peat over him.  I am 100% sure the Giants would have taken him if he was on the board if he was still there. People in this draft are clearly looking for Oline talent. Seems like we took the best of the bunch.

No one knows if it will work out but to me it make perfect sense.

Archived