Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

I'm just happy we've got a GM who has essentially done nothing so far but improve the trenches. Amazing, really. We've been screaming about this for years. 

I've never put in nearly enough time to be able to claim anything when it comes to evaluating college players, but looking at the big picture I can't help but be extremely satisfied.

The vast majority of our moves this entire offseason have been trenches-based. So nice.   

Scherff out at RT.  I think he might be able to do it with Callahan helping him.  If not, kick him inside and watch him rock the interior.

Other OL names to consider later in the draft:

Laken Tomlinson 2nd

Ali Marpet 3rd

AJ Cann 2nd

BJ Finney 4th

I would not might Tomlinson in the 2nd actually.  Really just remake the OL in its entirety.  Go after guys like Jarrett and Henderson for the D in the 3rd.

True, but if the plan was to put him at guard a lot of his pass pro issues are negated.

After seeing above that they probably will  put him at RT, I might have guessed wrong about their plans.   Still like the pick though.

This is the problem. Supposedly, Scherff had a trouble containing the edge in college.

It was the reason most scouts, analysts, etc., had him projected at guard instead.

THe defensive players in the NFL are bigger, stronger, and faster than college.

If he is having trouble with college players, what will happen in the pros?

This is the problem. Supposedly, Scherff had a trouble containing the edge in college.

It was the reason most scouts, analysts, etc., had him projected at guard instead.

THe defensive players in the NFL are bigger, stronger, and faster than college.

If he is having trouble with college players, what will happen in the pros?

We're taking a gamble that Bill Callahan can teach him pass protection better than his college team could.

I'll take that bet.

OK, gotta change sig. Had ST21 remark for almost 7 years. I really think Shelton has the entire package, and that includes the brains to handle this sport/celebrity. Plan to change it soon, good luck to him, I'm glad he's in AFC so I can kinda root for him. Cleveland D getting nastier and nastier.

Alright, so three tackles have went off the board within the first 13 picks... I'm wondering, does that help anyone who didn't like the Sherff pick? I feel better knowing that, honestly.  

I'm just happy we've got a GM who has essentially done nothing so far but improve the trenches. Amazing, really. We've been screaming about this for years.

I've never put in nearly enough time to be able to claim anything when it comes to evaluating college players, but looking at the big picture I can't help but be extremely satisfied.

The vast majority of our moves this entire offseason have been trenches-based. So nice.

Well said and I agree

32 year old is the most expensive guy on the line, guy on 1 year contract is someone we will probably want to re-sign, putting him on the bench will not do that, that means he has to beat out three guys, including Baker for the other spot

it means our dline might have a one year window then nothing.

Moses was a bad pick at the time for numerous reasons. His only chance to ever be a factor, in my opinion, would be through years of refining his technique, which maybe he will now have a chance to do as a bench/swing tackle.

I love the Scherff pick, and think he can be great for us at either RT or LG. I also would have been great with either Williams or trading down to get our top OL or Shelton. You have to be happy having a legit top personnel guy staying true to his board. As a result, our horrendous OL, is potentially massively improved by today's move. Hopefully Long can claim the RG spot and a mid-round LG is in the works.

You know what this really means?

Mcc may be a genius... if this fortifies the OL  Its basically saying,  Okay RG3, mr Heisman.....Put up or shut up now... and if he sucks maybe we pick high next year and draft a QB :/

Archived