Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

I grade that an F

He better make multiple pro bowls at G. But I doubt it. smells like Vinny

You can not like the pick, but no way in a million years Vinny has the balls to do anything other than take the player that Mayock thinks was the best player available

Took some big time brass ones to make that Scherff pick

Yep, and as many have stated, it's less about taking an Olineman, than it is about passing up on a potential, justifiable top 5 talent like Williams. Scherff's a fine prospect, but he's not a top 5 prospect. 

Gonna stop this right now since this thread moves so fast, but: 

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote pics, gifs, vids, or any large sections of text.

It unnecessarily extends and clutters threads and is annoying. Edit them out.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not the entire post if it's lengthy.

Penalties will be issued from here on out. 

Can we stop talking about the position?  I am much more worried about the player himself.  Are we acting like linemen never bust? I am just very skeptical about Scherff as a player, especially compared to the talent available.  

And no we aren't GMs and yes Scott knows more than we do.  But you shouldn't be quick to think Scott or any GM in the NFL is infallible.  Make a prediction, disagree with a pick, take a stance.  We are fans and we should have opinions and react.  It's just so lame and cowardly to just not make any predictions or stick your neck out on a player you like or dont like.  I respect people who take a swing and miss rather than not take a swing at all.  Its just everyone is talking about the position like we got a Zach Martin or Travis Frederick.  If we got those guys it would be fine, I just personally believe we didn't and I personally believe we took a middling guard.  This forum is for expressing your views and debating, not going with the flow no matter what.  I just think i's unfair to attack people who disagree with the pick.  It's not about addressing the offensive line, its about addressing the offensive line with the RIGHT players. I mean, are we just agreeing that we grabbed Steve Hutchinson?  We could have easily just picked up Robert Galley.  I don't know which but not every offensive linemen in the top 10 is automatically going to make a hundred pro bowls.

My thoughts, I guess.

we didn't have a QB at that point

as opposed to Leonard Williams who probably wouldn't even start this year with Hatcher, Knighton, Paea and Jean-Francois already

yeah, wouldn't have started over a 32 yo guy, guy on a 1 yr contract or a bu depth player.

I like the idea some people think his 'tape is bad'. OMGOSH, In this era of every single step is critisized, he had a couple missteps.

But wait, he somehow won the Outland trophy. I mean, get real on the bad tape people. I'm down with the pick. Williams is probably gonna wreck house. You know what, Scherf probably gonna wreck house too 

Lets go OLINE BABY!!!! Starting to see it develop. 

DB in 2nd is all but guaranteed IMO...Ya heard it hear first. And theres gonna be a lot of talent to choose from at S/CB

Yep, and as many have stated, it's less about taking an Olineman, than it is about passing up on a potential, justifiable top 5 talent like Williams. Scherff's a fine prospect, but he's not a top 5 prospect.

Except the guy that is regarded as one of the best talent men in the NFL thought he was. And all the professional scouts on espn had Scherff in the 6-10 range so 5 isn't exactly a crazy reach

Scherff is one of the best run blockers I have seen come out.

First they are going to move Scherff to LG.  

Then they are going to run behind him and williams  like the seahawks did behind Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson in 2005,  when Shaun Alexander had 27 tds.

Just wait and see.  :)

Yes, but the complaints about our OL have been about pass blocking.

That is where Scherff has had issues, and that is one of the reasons for the confusion of the pick (and leaving a top 5 talent like Williams on the board).

My thoughts exactly. If we traded down and tried to still get Scherff, it would not have happened. If you like a player, don't get cute. Take him when you can or risk losing him. I was on the trade-down boat, but I'm really happy to know we got a top lineman. Can't wait for training camp to see how the line shakes out. Scherff at RG? Moses at RT? Long at LG?

If Scherff is ultimately a RG this selection was a mistake imo.

OTOH, if he becomes a dominant RT that changes everything.

yeah, wouldn't have started over a 32 yo guy, guy on a 1 yr contract or a bu depth player.

32 year old is the most expensive guy on the line, guy on 1 year contract is someone we will probably want to re-sign, putting him on the bench will not do that, that means he has to beat out three guys, including Baker for the other spot

I wanted a trade down obviously.. but people have screamed for two years about the OL..

So now you have your Top 5 OL..  Let's see where this ends up, We might be able to trade down in the second for an additional 4th & 5th

Yes, but the complaints about our OL have been about pass blocking.

That is where Scherff has had issues, and that is one of the reasons for the confusion of the pick (and leaving a top 5 talent like Williams on the board).

True, but if the plan was to put him at guard a lot of his pass pro issues are negated.

After seeing above that they probably will  put him at RT, I might have guessed wrong about their plans.   Still like the pick though. 

Seemed perfect opportunity to trade down but McGlouthan obviously liked Scherff enough to take him at #5.

Interesting to hear Scherff say he hadn't talked to Skins since combine.  All the talk about how the personal visits from prospective top picks is so vitally important to teams so they can spend 1 on 1 time getting to know them better yet that obviously isn't that important to the Skins.

Archived