Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

hahaha, I'm not even going to post the UDFAs. 

We're getting toasted there. 

Two I will mention because several people brought them up here:

Connor Halliday QB - signed with Cleveland

Anthony Harris S - signed with Minnesota

The UDFA thread is saying Halliday signed with us

The draft is always something of a guessing game. This year our guesses seemed to be more of the educated than the wild kind.

I like the way this WaPo writer put this:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/too-soon-to-judge-scot-mccloughans-first-draft-class/2015/05/02/927abfe2-f065-11e4-8666-a1d756d0218e_story.html

But McLoughan’s first draft showed something more vital. In McCloughan, the Redskins have a man in charge who knows what he wants to do and has the discipline and wherewithal to do it. Whether McCloughan’s vision succeeds will be determined in the years to come. But at least we know he has a vision, a refreshing change from the recent Redskins drafts that unfolded as if Bruce Allen used a blindfold, a dartboard and old copies of Street & Smith.

I think that maybe a little harsh on Bruce, given I don't think he did squat with the draft, which, granted, was his fault.  When Shanahan was here, it was Shanahan who called the shots, and the scouting department (Scott Campbell) that fed him information.

Last year, I think he just let Scott run it, essentially.  

Shrug.  I just don't see Bruce having an opinion on a 4th round TE vs. CB, and even caring enough to have an opinion.  

The UDFA thread is saying Halliday signed with us

Initially they were reporting he'd signed with Cleveland. Those things are constantly in flux. I just didn't feel like flaming the fires under the fans who were already pissy about how the draft went.

Initially, just about every team had 6-7 UDFAs "agreed" but after an hour things had changed. I'm glad of it too. I was hoping we'd take Hundley in the draft, instead the every loaded with QB Packers did, so getting Halliday is a nice consolation.

Archived