Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

First Scot Mc draft in the bag then. I'm fairly open minded to the quality of the picks.

Think he's set the tone for what he's looking for.

Fact remains, we generally suck across the board so its a long haul. He's looking to change the identity of this roster.

Who the hell knows how this plays out, I don't see then need to write the draft class off just yet. Lets get the rest of the weekend out of the way at least...............

Yep I did.   Thanks, I'll look it up.

No worries man. Look up what Urban Myers said about the guy. And the fact that the guy started 15 games in a super high powered offense, but didn't produce much as a receiver looks bad initially, until you realize that Ohio St is so stacked that if he was doing something wrong Myers could have yanked him in any time to replace him with one of the 20 athletes behind him. 

He must have been doing something right, so hopefully he brings that to the team.

The (now old) American Gladiator video of Gina Carano destroying the grandma is absolutely one of my most favorite pieces of youtube video of all time.  

I can't really get into Rhonda.  But Gina...

:lol:  Looking for it now. I'll post her reaction. I haven't seen that one before.

I didn't like Rhonda, but watch this video. She's pretty hot and the video is hilarious anyway.

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItawRryuG24

Now that the draft is over. Time for some analysis. Not too brag but historically, I am the best in the world at this.

Round 1, Pick 5 (5) Brandon Scherff OG 6'5" 319 Iowa
Pick Analysis: We'll see.

Round 2, Pick 6 (38) Preston Smith DE 6'5" 271 Mississippi St.

Round 3, Pick 31 (95) (from Seahawks) Matt Jones RB 6'2" 231 Florida

Round 4, Pick 6 (105) Jamison Crowder WR 5'8" 185 Duke 5.3

Round 4, Pick 13 (112) (from Seahawks through Saints) Arie Kouandjio OG 6'5" 310 Alabama 5.2

Round 5, Pick 5 (141) Martrell Spaight OLB 6'0" 236 Arkansas 5.3

Round 6, Pick 5 (181) (from Seahawks through Jets) Kyshoen Jarrett SS 5'10" 200 Virginia Tech 5.2

Round 6, Pick 6 (182) Tevin Mitchel CB 6'0" 190 Arkansas --

Round 7, Pick 5 (222) Austin Reiter C   South Florida

Overall grade: We'll see

Now that the draft is over. Time for some analysis. Not too brag but historically, I am the best in the world at this.

Round 1, Pick 5 (5) Brandon Scherff OG 6'5" 319 Iowa

Round 7, Pick 5 (222) Austin Reiter C   South Florida

Overall grade: We'll see

You're doing it wrong, You either A) love the draft, and you're brilliant.. or b ) hate it and I call you an idiot. Please do not break draft analyst character. 

The (now old) American Gladiator video of Gina Carano destroying the grandma is absolutely one of my most favorite pieces of youtube video of all time.

:lol: Just found it. 

That was awesome.

shocked-o.gif

No, she was actually laughing. I like the announcer's statement, "I guess SOMEONE'S insurance premiums just went up!"

We have a lot of staff unavailable---the rest of us are taking turns with that on our weekend....

Thanks for working during the weekend, man. We definitely appreciate it.

It's been a fun event.

Honestly, this is the only time I'm on ES for days at a time. 

I had a great time with everyone.

:lol: Just found it. 

That was awesome.

I mean, honestly, not even a remotely fair fight, and Gina probably took it a little easy on her.  She could have just picked her up over her head and thrown her directly down the Pyramid.  

Ok, sorry for the derailment.  I'm not actually even remotely into any of the ultimate fighting/MMA stuff, but I watched the original American Gladiators growing up, and then the remake, and that's the one thing from Gina that I remember.  

You're doing it wrong, You either A) love the draft, and you're brilliant.. or b ) hate it and I call you an idiot. Please do not break draft analyst character.

Unless you're writing scouting reports for NFL.com, in which case you contradict yourself in your own report. :)

I'm not actually even remotely into any of the ultimate fighting/MMA stuff, but I watched the original American Gladiators growing up...

Yeah, I watched it, but I was into lots of different martial arts when younger and MMA just naturally grew on me. 

I was wrestling this 90 pound girl one time, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and I was trying not to just overpower her because of my size and use technique. She destroyed me pretty quick, but the smile on my face couldn't have been bigger. Pretty lady, she was funny. I think she appreciated the focus on technique instead of just trying to show how "tough and masculine" I was like some of the guys.

Sorry, back to football.

Unless you're writing scouting reports for NFL.com, in which case you contradict yourself in your own report. :)

It actually makes me wonder if maybe the separate parts of those reports are written by different people, but you'd think not.

So, I think that a clear message was sent my GMSM to the folks on the OL: You're not good enough.

I think the only 2 guys who are gaurenteed to be back are Trent and Kory.  Though, they did just sign Compton to an extension, but who knows.

But Moses, Lauvao, Long, Ribbs, Compton and Chester are now going to have 3 new draft choices to contend with.  And one spot is surely taken by Scherff.  I'm guessing that Kouandjio is going to make the team, so that puts the rest of these guys completely on notice.  Because a bunch of them are no longer going to be here.

It's going to be a great battle to see who gets beat out, but Long better step up and grab a job.  Of Lauvao, Ribbs and Chester, 2 are probably gone, and it's possible (though somewhat unlikely) that all 3 are gone. 

My word of caution: I would NOT want to start 2+ rookies on the OL right away.  And I REALLY wouldn't want to put 2 rookies next to each other on the OL. (ie: RG and RT, or C and either G).

So, I think a starting line of Williams, Lauvao, KL, Long, Scherff might be an opening day group.  Which kills me because I don't care for Lauvao.  An ideal scenario would be that Ribbs FINALLY gets it and grabs one of the guard jobs.  But I'm not holding my breath on that one.  

Another thought would be either Compton or Moses move to Guard.  I actually really like Compton.  If he could move from RT to RG, and Long takes the LG spot, that would be a pretty good upgrade. 

Lots of possibilities.  I just don't think they have 2 rookies starting opening day. 

I'm thinking Chester might be gone.

Don't the Redskins have to pay him a lot this season?

Well, there was a report that he took a pay-cut, but not sure that it was ever confirmed.

From what I understand, Jay wanted to keep him around because nobody else was even remotely ready.  The question is, can anybody beat him out of a job.  I would hope yes.  Between the new rookie OG, Ribbs, Long, or possibly Compton/Moses if they flip over, you'd think that SOMEBODY could beat him out.  And I think that he's either the starter or not on the team.  I don't think you keep him as a backup.  

Archived