Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

Best part is.. Scotty Mac doesn't care what you think.. He's knows more than all of us and has proved it..... Vinny and Allen and Snyder cared what u think

Who said we wanted him to care?

I'm sure he doesn't, and I wouldn't want him to.

It's his choice. He has to live with it. I'm just a fan posting messages on a message board. :)

Alright, so three tackles have went off the board within the first 13 picks... I'm wondering, does that help anyone who didn't like the Sherff pick? I feel better knowing that, honestly.  

You do know that you won't sway anyone here w/ logic, right? Some are gonna have the ****s, the fits and the blind staggers no matter what

I heard several "experts" label this a position draft. There were no guaranteed success stories or pro bowl guarantees in the crowd so teams will fill needs. If you have a need that your board supports, pull the trigger. I heard Ed Werner said that amongst all the teams there were at least 7 different guys at the tops of the boards. He mentioned at least one team had Brandon on top. I believe this guy will start on day 1 (guard or tackle) and help our team. I still believe games are decided within 3 yards of the ball, we just got stronger. We already added Pot Roast and now we add Paul Bunyan. FutureHOG, HTTR.

I wonder if Moses is going to be moved to G, or if he'll just become depth on the line behind Williams and Scherff.

I was extremely disappointed with Moses last season. I figured he'd be able to transition his kick from the left to the right side, but man it looked like Bambi over there. On the left he looked okay when playing part time, but on the right he was terrible.

Does that mean he CAN'T learn it, of course not, and I figured we'd give him more time. Apparently not. I'm not really broken up about it. We haven't had real depth or talent across the OL for a long long time. Hopefully this will start us on that path. 

It would be a shame for Trent to play his whole career with the players we've tried to get by putting across from him.

We got a guy who is going to make others work for it. Operation eliminate turn-style O-Line has commenced. I am trusting this guy as he has kept everyone guessing and he is clearly filling holes.

Smash mouth football.......the Redskins are BACK!!

Scherf isn't projected to play tackle at the nfl level. That's one of the reasons that pick sucked

With all due respect (code for I don't agree)... You don't seem the type to listen to 'others' projections. He can play OT at the NFL level, I project that.

Scherff out at RT.  I think he might be able to do it with Callahan helping him.  If not, kick him inside and watch him rock the interior.

Other OL names to consider later in the draft:

Laken Tomlinson 2nd

Ali Marpet 3rd

AJ Cann 2nd

BJ Finney 4th

I would not might Tomlinson in the 2nd actually.  Really just remake the OL in its entirety.  Go after guys like Jarrett and Henderson for the D in the 3rd.

From what I've seen Marpet will be in the 2nd and Cann will be in the 3rd?  I've also seen Laken in the 3rd too.  I don't think that will actually come to fruition though, there's probably going to be a large run on offensive linemen soon.  I do hope we grab a guard in the 2nd or 3rd, I agree we should just revitalize the line and make them grow together.  Unless there is someone outstanding at those positions.

Best part is.. Scotty Mac doesn't care what you think.. He's knows more than all of us and has proved it..... Vinny and Allen and Snyder cared what u think

I would definitely argue that Vinny and Snyder definitely did NOT care what we thought.  I like McC and he's the best decision we've made in a considerable amount of years but Snyder is hardly a fantastic listener and thoughtful of fan plight.  I know they're villains but lets not rewrite history here.  :mellow:

DeVante Parker is a good pick for the Dolphins here, everyone acknowledged he was really good so I don't see that as too surprising.  Tangentially related, I could dig KSU Lockett in the 3rd or something.  Great route runner, he will probably be solid in the NFL although maybe not an elite world beater but a very good contributor.  I don't think Garçon or Jackson will stay around for too long.

I was extremely disappointed with Moses last season. I figured he'd be able to transition his kick from the left to the right side, but man it looked like Bambi over there. On the left he looked okay when playing part time, but on the right he was terrible.

Does that mean he CAN'T learn it, of course not, and I figured we'd give him more time. Apparently not. I'm not really broken up about it. We haven't had real depth or talent across the OL for a long long time. Hopefully this will start us on that path. 

It would be a shame for Trent to play his whole career with the players we've tried to get by putting across from him.

Well, maybe just keep him as true LT as perennial back for next 3 years. If he doesn't have skill to transition to right and gets more out of his talent at LT, keep him there. Now we got Scherf. Just cultivate Moses at LT and hope we only need him in spot service.

Thank you Scot for an absolutely terrific pick.

First thing he said was that this is a big man's game, and that's exactly what he's bringing in.

THE BEST OL in the country for a season, WITH a mean streak, a big Iowa corn-fed ************. Not a combine/pro day flavor of the month hybrid physical freak that needs to fit into a certain scheme but a slam dunk FOOTBALL player that is going to be coached by one of if not the best OL coach in the league.

- Pick for need - check.

- Pick for BPA - check.

- Pick that compromises division opponent - check.

Took the Giants first round pick away too, they've been talking about Scherff for about a month up here, we made them reach to get a low end OT with big question marks at 9. Reach or not, Scherff was gone three picks away so unless you guys like undersized DTs and I don't what exactly did the Skins miss out on?

On paper an absolutely terrific pick from a forthright, professional GM.

Thank you, thank you Scot.

everyone showed up, some freaked out, some expressed joy, half have since left. Bandwidth is better now. :)

Yeah, the Redskins are done for the night. Though most are probably interested in who the Eagles and Cowboys select, many have to work tomorrow (not me :) ).

Archived