Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

Yeah, Skip Bayless is exactly the type of headline-craving blowhard who would know just enough about a sport to have an obnoxious opinion, but really have no clue about the non-sexy positional players on any given team. He has probably never even heard of Trent Williams.

NFL.com and the NFL Network employ complete idiots. I thought BSPN was bad enough, but no .. NFL.com/NFLN are the TMZ of the sporting world. Complete garbage!

Not exactly the complaint I was making, but okay.

I have to tell you. Right now, I'm pretty excited that I spent all those hours breaking down Iowa's running game last year.

Its LKB's time to shine.

Yeah, Skip Bayless is exactly the type of headline-craving blowhard who would know just enough about a sport to have an obnoxious opinion, but really have no clue about the non-sexy positional players on any given team. He has probably never even heard of Trent Williams.

So what you're saying is.....he's an Eagle's or Cowboy's fan.  ;)

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 14m14 minutes ago

La'el Collins isn't getting drafted. That's the info I got once draft rooms quieted down tonight.

That's what I've said all along. No team will touch him until he's cleared. I wouldn't.

If/when he's cleared he'll have his pick as an UDFA I would think

Makes no sense. Probably 90% or more of 7th round picks bust, and tons of them don't even make it through their first camp. Why wouldn't you burn one on a potential 1st round talent? If he's a murderer...whoops, that sucks, see ya later. And a team could easily spin a late round pick in the media as being a gamble on the good side of human nature and giving a possibly innocent man a chance (even though being an UDFA would actually be better for him than being a 7th rounder).

"I grew up a Redskin fan," Collins said on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft." "I was a big Sean Taylor and Clinton Portis fan. Those were my two favorite players, so I grew up seeing them play for the Redskins, so that would be my dream, to play there."

- Landon Collins

He wants to be a Redskin. This is our guy in the 2nd. Go get him! HTTR

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 14m14 minutes ago

La'el Collins isn't getting drafted. That's the info I got once draft rooms quieted down tonight.

That's what I've said all along. No team will touch him until he's cleared. I wouldn't.

If/when he's cleared he'll have his pick as an UDFA I would think

I wonder if this is just something all the teams are doing on their own, or is a sort of shadow mandate by the Commish.

My understanding of the situation was that they had not yet interviewed him because he wasn't a suspect, so he was a ways down on the "to interview" list.

If PD confirmed Saturday he was not presently a suspect, I would strongly consider sending a 6th or 7th his way.

Plays out 1 of 3 ways:

1. You get a 1st round talent in the 6th or 7th

2. Things escalate, he's a suspect, you cut him, and lose minimal value

3. You flip him for a higher pick in 2016, like a 2nd or something.

Man... I keep thinking about how crazy it was that Williams fell to us after all offseason everyone and their mother saying there's no way, lol. And then we did the crazy hypothetical that people would mention to cause a stir like "what if he falls to us and we don't take him?" *Chuckle*

Too funny.

For me, I like Sherff so I have no problem with the pick. I also don't profess to know enough about college players to claim anything with confidence. So the report from Breer that we had Sherff as the 3rd player on our board behind only Fowler and Cooper is enough for me to be happy. I don't see a reason to negate it as both Cooper and Fowler have been said to be loved by us from numerous reports, so it seems legit.

Which means we went BPA and had either of those other two fell to us we would've taken them over Sherff. Essentially, I'm happy as long as Sherff really was the BPA and not a need pick in anyway, and the Breer report verifies that.

If Leonard Williams ends up having issues with his shoulder throughout his career, this will be quite the moment of brilliance from Scot. Taking Sherff over him is definitely ballsy and certainly a defining moment for Scot as GM of the Redskins, and it came in his first draft here. So intriguing.

Well just woke up here in the UK to the draft news.

I'm delighted we got Schreff, I'm not one who thinks he is a guard I expect him to plug in at RT day one and be at worst a solid starter and maybe better. I think we got a very good football player and our team got better. But I'm shocked we took him over Williams who I think has a chance to be an All Pro type and a difference maker. But then again I've not spent every waking moment the last few months watching film and breaking down these guys.

In Scot I trust ...

Off hand, some hope for early round two....

Randy Gregory

Landon Collins

Jordan Phillips

TJ Clemmings

Jake Fisher

Eric Kendricks

Denzel Perryman

Jaelen Strong

DGB

Jaelen Collins

Off top of my head. Need to check my board tomorrow. Lot of good talent in the 2nd

A few of that group don't seem to match Scot's vision IMO (JC, DGB, Gregory).

Could absolutely see Strong (best College slot receiver last year?), Phillips (saw a comp of Knighton for him, ironically), and Landon (passion for the game, hard-working player). Maybe an ILB - Kendrick's great value at 38, or OLB (Harold?).

Micheal Bennett could be on the table. Lot of oline gone, but Fisher and Clemmings would be notable options.

Possibly depending on who goes ahead of us, I could see a small trade back - lots of talent will still be left.

Off hand, some hope for early round two....

Randy Gregory

Landon Collins

Jordan Phillips

TJ Clemmings

Jake Fisher

Eric Kendricks

Denzel Perryman

Jaelen Strong

DGB

Jaelen Collins

Off top of my head. Need to check my board tomorrow. Lot of good talent in the 2nd

A few of that group don't seem to match Scot's vision IMO (JC, DGB, Gregory).

Could absolutely see Strong (best College slot receiver last year?), Phillips (saw a comp of Knighton for him, ironically), and Landon (passion for the game, hard-working player). Maybe an ILB - Kendrick's great value at 38, or OLB (Harold?).

Micheal Bennett could be on the table. Lot of oline gone, but Fisher and Clemmings would be notable options.

Possibly depending on who goes ahead of us, I could see a small trade back - lots of talent will still be left.

"I grew up a Redskin fan," Collins said on NFL Network's "Path to the Draft." "I was a big Sean Taylor and Clinton Portis fan. Those were my two favorite players, so I grew up seeing them play for the Redskins, so that would be my dream, to play there."

- Landon Collins

He wants to be a Redskin. This is our guy in the 2nd. Go get him! HTTR

Well Collins dropped for a reason.  I think its great when a guy wants to be here and says so publicly, but you start facing the facts and if the team doesn't feel he's not an upgrade over a guy you can get a round or two later you need to pass.  

Gregory on the other hand would make this a sure fire great draft and offseason for us in my mind. You can split time between him and Murphy at OLB or package them together in certain formations to give us a really great pass rush at a bargain price.  Imagine Kerrigan, Gregory, Paea, Murphy, and Hatcher rushing at the same time on passing downs.............I have visions of romoSUCKS on his back constantly.

No I don't like him smoking Pot, let alone getting caught at the worst possible time but we all make mistakes in life.  That said 2nd chances are generally warranted unless you don't take responsibility and make steps to change your ways and 2nd round picks always come with some issue(s).  I just think this is too good an opportunity to pass up if he's there, or if we have to move up a couple of spots.  This might require trading our 5th and/or 6th, but you could trade back in the 3rd and/or  the 4th to recover roughly the same value, especially if SM thinks this is a deep draft

The thing about Sherff is I don't think he was made to be a tackle, I think he will end up around average there.  We may need to kick him to guard to get him to be a good pick.  I just think if the front office is expecting him to come in and be a top RT it simply won't happen, and this guy needs to be a top tier player to justify this pick (especially considering the opportunity cost).  The consensus seems to be he is a much better guard, which makes sense since he struggles with speed rushers and the like, and NFL players are much faster than what he went against.  I'm warming up to the pick, partly because you kinda have to but I think he should be put at guard where he can maul people in the run game.  It would be nice to put him at tackle but I doubt he will dominate, maybe slightly above average which isn't worth it at 5.  I know I don't want to deal with Polumbus for another year or whatever, but I want this guy to be the best player possible which I think is at guard.  

Although we COULDDDD just draft a RT in the 2nd round?  That wouldn't be too bad.  

Also, no one seems to be talking about Ronald Darby, I would much rather have him then Jaelen Collins who I think is very raw right now.  I've expressed my interest in Ali Marpet too. Other than that I'm not too sure on who I am interested in the 2nd round.  I trust McC anyways, even if I'm skeptical about Scherff as of right now.  I'll probably be wrong but nothing wrong in voicing my opinion on a message board.

Ugh...Draft starts at 6.

Final exam starts at 6.

Well...at least I'll have something to look forward too...

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see us go OL again in the second.

Maybe a safety.

Draft gurus, who are the best OL and S prospects out there?

OTs: Clemmings, Fisher, Collins (undraftable until cleared)

OGs: Cann

FS: Rowe

SS: Collins

I'd prefer Cann or Rowe of those guys.  We've got RT plans for Scherff so grabbing Clemmings or Fisher seems superfluous.  Collins is a pure in the box safety, and with Johnson signed as our SS for the next two years, Landon's value to us in that time frame is limited.  I suppose if he turned out to be an all pro SS it'd be worth it, but barring that we can probably get better value elsewhere.

Cann is a big guy.  He's imperfect at guard, but he's got some strength and fits a power scheme.  He's also played left guard pretty much exclusively, so he could be an immediate kick inside to OG.

If we were willing to move Scherff to LG, I'd strongly consider Clemmings or Fisher.  Both can play RT and would up the line's value a lot.  But if Scherff is RT, then Cann is the best there.

I'd like to look into Rowe too.  Big, good speed, he's been a corner, but he's got a transferable skillset.  Could learn behind Goldson.

Next pick I could see another OL, S, maybe a TE who can block.

Who fits the bill?

For a TE who can block, it's probably Maxx Williams.

From what I've read, Clive Walford can't block.

Two playoff appearances in four years. Probably our best four year stretch since the Super Bowl years.

Or two playoff appearances in ten plus years. I suppose it depends on your sample data used. But they did apparently "hold down the line" through some truly awful years. Credit deserved  

No one talking Denzel Perryman? As much as I love Landon Collins Perryman would give us 3/4 of a vicious LB core.

Would be a great choice. But there's so many options in the 2nd, it'll be really interesting to watch.

Also, since I'm just waking up, mostly, I can say that I've got a huge smile on my face with Scherff. And it was pretty funny to read the whole meltdown for not going Williams.

So casual from here :)

Or two playoff appearances in ten plus years. I suppose it depends on your sample data used. But they did apparently "hold down the line" through some truly awful years. Credit deserved

Fair point.

Although in that case you have to give Jansen credit for 1999.

Archived