Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Redskins Draft Thread,(all rounds)

PCS

Yes it looks like somehow we ruled the first round with our pick anc panicked some teams.

We definitely appear to had incited some sort of run.

Between Scherff at 5 and Collins off everyone's boards, OTs became a rare commodity.  Flowers at 9, Peat at 13, Ogbuehi at 21, Humphries at 24.  And then Tomlinson too.

We're pretty much down to Fisher, Clemmings, and Cann in the "quality somewhere (besides OC) on the OL in year 1" bunch, unless one believes in some of the lower prospects.

So what if he ends up at gaurd? If he plays well and is on this team for the next decade plus, that's all I want.

If Williams was that good, then why weren't teams beating down our door trying to trade up for him or with the Jets who view him as a luxury?

Ugh, its all anyone wants. Please don't start with the captain obvious stuff. Point is, if he's good not great at guard and Williams is commanding double teams and getting 10-15 sacks per year, it will be considered a huge whiff. Do I know? Of course not, but lets not pat the guy on the back either. Williams was far and away the consensus best player available overall. Not by a few, but by almost everyone.

As far as other teams beating down our door its pretty well known that most view the 2nd/3rd rounds as the best part of this draft. Few were going to want to move up because it would require losing out on where most people consider the value picks. I doubt anyone after the QB's were gone got a reasonable offer.

I'll likely never think he was taken 14 picks too early, because it's ridiculously unrealistic to believe he would've lasted till pick 19.

By all means, take me literally. :rolleyes:

It's a reach by 5 picks tops... WTF

Yet, Jax passed on consensus BPA in draft too, as did OAK. Look, these guys are great in top 6, and I really don't care if he transitions to LG. I imagine a day where we're so good we have the luxury of picking elite talent at LG in 1st round :)

Yeah, Oakland and Jacksonville, just the company I want to be in. Again, Ugh.

We definitely appear to had incited some sort of run.

Between Scherff at 5 and Collins off everyone's boards, OTs became a rare commodity.  Flowers at 9, Peat at 13, Ogbuehi at 21, Humphries at 24.  And then Tomlinson too.

We're pretty much down to Fisher, Clemmings, and Cann in the "quality somewhere (besides OC) on the OL in year 1" bunch, unless one believes in some of the lower prospects.

It's true, and it does give me pause to think that maybe there's something there. Seeing smart teams make similar picks is heartening. Look, I still don't like the pick, but I'm not freaking out either. Don't lets lump me in with others who are essentially shouting at the top of their lungs about how horrible this is (figuratively speaking, of course). I'm just saying, not a fan. We have to see how things pan out. Sherff may be a foundation piece at RT for ten years and Williams may miss 4-6 games a year with shoulder trouble. But let's also not forget it may go the other way.

Day 2 is where things will get even more interesting as there are plenty of impact players on the board.

Here is everything you need to know:

WHEN: Friday, May 1, 7 p.m. ET

ROUNDS: 2-3 (seven minutes per pick in Round 2; five minutes per pick in Round 3)

FWIW I wanted Williams as well, but to tell you the truth, I have a hunch this guy Scot knows what he is doing. He probably fielded trade offers and he probably had a board that also rated his units, DL was not graded poorly with the new additions, OL was graded probably worst on the team overall. We needs some help on the OL is any QB or RB is going to be productive. OUR OL brought this team three SB trophies, plain and simple, not by themselves but lead the way. Set the tone, Scot is setting a tone already. 

Sing with me....Scot picked the Scheriff but we all wanted the deputy. 

Please don't start with the captain obvious stuff. Point is, if he's good not great at guard and Williams is commanding double teams and getting 10-15 sacks per year, it will be considered a huge whiff. 

Admonishes poster to not be captain obvious. Makes obvious point that if the guy we didn't pick is better than the guy we did pick it will be bad. 

Yeah, if Williams is great and Scherff is not it will be looked at as a bad pick. If Scherff is Russ Grimm incarnate and Williams is the next Courtney Brown it will be looked at as a good pick. If they both turn out roughly equal, good, bad or meh it is a wash and no one will care. 

Bump this thread in 3 years and let's see where we are then. 

Williams may go on to have a great career. Right now, that's a 'so what' to me.

He's a NY Jet. I don't care. These comparisons we get drawn into year after year are meaningless. Apparently we passed on JJ Watt & Tom Brady at some point.

Means nothing. Different circumstances, different life cycle. Just like everyday life.

We got a new RT who is apparently the best OL in draft. Nice.

Jalen Collins, Erik Kendricks, Randy Gregory, Eddie Goldman, Eli Harold.

I believe one of them will be a Redskin in round two. Again I also believe we have a decent shot of trading back in the round and picking up a 3rd of the opportunity presents itself.

Also in regards to the pick, well we addressed the O-line. The one thing that has been consistent in our last decade of crap play is a bad O-line.

That is why fans don't run the FO (and why Snyder has finally stopped), because sexy picks don't mean ****. Plus I can't really think of a team that has won the superbowl over the last 5+ years that didn't have a very good O-line

Ugh, its all anyone wants. Please don't start with the captain obvious stuff. Point is, if he's good not great at guard and Williams is commanding double teams and getting 10-15 sacks per year, it will be considered a huge whiff. Do I know? Of course not, but lets not pat the guy on the back either. Williams was far and away the consensus best player available overall. Not by a few, but by almost everyone.

Um yeah, don't start with obvious stuff and then point out that if the guy we passed is great and ours is less so, it will reflect poorly.

As for the consensus best player available for almost everyone, that doesn't include our GM.  Who is one of the consensus best talent evaluators in the NFL.

It's true, and it does give me pause to think that maybe there's something there. Seeing smart teams make similar picks is heartening. Look, I still don't like the pick, but I'm not freaking out either. Don't lets lump me in with others who are essentially shouting at the top of their lungs about how horrible this is (figuratively speaking, of course). I'm just saying, not a fan. We have to see how things pan out. Sherff may be a foundation piece at RT for ten years and Williams may miss 4-6 games a year with shoulder trouble. But let's also not forget it may go the other way.

That point relates to how the draft is conducting right now. NFL as decided to run it over three days for commercials purpose and makes lots of money in this matter. Thursday you have 1st round, and only this one, then round 2/3 on friday and 4/7 on saturday.

That seems fine for the NFL, but you don't get the whole point, the whole plan until saturday and Mr Irrelevant.

Everyone on NFLN is bashing, is mocking for picking Scherff over Williams. But I have yet to read someone out there saying we ****ed up the Giants on this (maybe I'll put in the conspiracy thread at a vengeance from Mara).

So far, yeah the pick can be borderline.

Now let's say we go

- Jordan Philips in the 2nd

- Jaquiski Tartt in the 3rd.

That sound way better with Scherff on top than going Williams / Philips / Tartt, where everyone would be screaming where's our freaking OL guy?

Williams in the first then go:

- TJ Clemmings? Like him, but Scherff is way better.

- Tartt?

That one sounds worse to me.

And as good as Williams his, he won't have much of an impact here if he doesn't have a great NT to settle the OL.

I'd like to wait until the end of the draft to grade it fully than doing it like NFLN that grades us with a C+, just like the Giants because we got Scherff three picks earlier? Bull****...

I think there's a fair chance that a number of the "first round talent" that's still on the board go in the picks prior to us at 38, and some of the talent that's left may not be all that much different than what's available later in the 2nd in terms of the positions we may be looking at.

I really do think this is our shot to move down IF we can find a team to do the tango with.

I think there's enough valuable, talented, starter quality players in the 2nd that even if we move down into the middle of later half of the round to pick up and extra 3rd or 4th, that we'd still be able to land a very good player.

Clou stated he wanted around 10 picks this draft. Trying to find a way to trade out of our 2nd and 3rd rounders is going to be the way to do it. I think there's a TON of talent between rounds 2 and 3 that makes a trade back viable for us to still get a solid player while adding picks.

The problem with that is the same as in the 1st round...because there's a wide amount of solid, but not spectacular, talent, there's possibly less chance that teams are willing to pay to move up and get "their guy" as opposed to keeping their picks and trusting that one of their multiple possible options will fall to them.

Tiresome...many of us have been saying all along:

1) none of us know, or claim to know SM's draft board. We understand that SM is a true BPA purist, but that his player evaluations are...different than the norm. So taking Scherff as his BPA is not all that shocking or complicated as others make it out to be.

2) in order to dance (trade back), you need a partner. If you don't get the offer YOU like, then you take the guy you want...regardless if it's 2, 5, or 15 spots too early.

3) i really don't believe anybody (who wasn't being emotional or short with redundancy) was saying that the was no way in hell SM would take Scherff at 5. Many were cautioning that he shouldn't, or that it wasn't the smartest value choice based on all of draft history of all the times...but hardly anyone said he wouldn't. In fact...the primary contention was that we had absolutely no real idea what to expect, & that was the best part.

4) Scherff has issues, but if you think he's good enough clay for Callahan & Co. to mould into a stud, then by all means...make that pick & coach him up.

5) we all have players we like...but most of us are behind SM 100%. many of us coveted LW, but i'll gladly accept us getting an all-pro road grater if he in fact turns out that way.

6) this is just pick 1...the real fruits of SM's draft labor will be determined on the backs of day 3 picks. Still a loooong way to go.

Nailed it.

I was thinking take another OL, but maybe we won't with the run on OL in the first round. Maybe we zig while the draft zags.

I could see taking a safety. Who do we like at safety? Isn't there a guy who really wants to play here in particular?

I was all excited when Williams fell to us and was certain that was who we were going to pick, but I was not sad to hear that we got Scherff. I definitely think he's going to be a road grader. I was on the Scherff train very early but fell into the trap thinking taking him at five was way too early for OL and starting thinking pass rusher like everyone else.

Then I compared Fowler to Kerrigan and said stay with Kerrigan and let him grow. The whole time I was certain if we had the chance for Williams that he was undoubtly the one to take. In the end I honestly thought we would trade down and take someone like Collins or Shelton around 6 to 12.

Than the Collins news blew up and things got more muddy.

Shows that I am not a GM! :)

Glad we strengthened our OL, we really need to beef it up. I would be ecstatic if we got another OL Beast in rounds 2 or 3 tonight.

Trust in McDaddy!

I was thinking take another OL, but maybe we won't with the run on OL in the first round. Maybe we zig while the draft zags.

I could see taking a safety. Who do we like at safety? Isn't there a guy who really wants to play here in particular?

Quentin Rollins, Jaquiski Tartt, pr Erick Kendricks woukd be a favorite choice for me here.

Also would be curious if they go WR with Strong, & DGB still on the board. Only thing we lack in the WR corps is size. Move back would be nice...grab both WR/S perhaps? Funchess is an option there too.

Got a feeling though that Clemmings or Jordan Philips will be the pick.

I'd like to see us draft A. J. Cann and/or Eric Rowe tonight.  Cann's got the size and nastiness, and he can play both guard and center.  Rowe has the size and coverage skills we need at FS.  Played the position for his first three years at Utah.

IMO, Scherff is not a reach and I love the pick.  He's the person I wanted all along.  They don't need Williams.  They needed Scherff and he's not a reach!

I live on Long Island, and all the Vgiant fan here were pissed that we took him. They wanted him at 9.

Sooooo, WIN/WIN.

FOX Sports is reporting that the Eagles offered their 2015 1st round pick, their 2016 1st round pick, the QB of their choice (LOL!), and another player to the Titans for their #2 pick.

Jay Glazer I think is reporting this.

Anyone else see this?

1- Gregory 2. green-beckham 

either or I would be happy to draft... Collins the lsu player in the 3rd would be great as well. but these guys need to be clean and no troubles...

I wanted the kid from duke after we picked schereff

Which Collins that is an LSU player? One will almost certainly be gone in the 2d the other would be too risky for a 3rd (maybe a 4th or 5th)

Archived