Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

let's talk about how this team can win games instead of tanking for a high pick.....this team has the talent to have a winning record.....this roster is better then the 2012 team.

1)  Replace Forbath...we need a kicker to not only make kicks, but someone who can kick it out of the end zone

2)  Stop playing Logan Paulsen....I wanted him cut this off-season....I've said  this before, he reminds me of Reed Doughty..smart, but no talent.

3)  Instead of playing Paulsen, I would use DY more....more 3 and 4 receiver sets.

4)  On 3rd and long, please help Polumbus.

5)  I'd like to see Helu on early downs more often.

6)  Gruden needs to help Cousins...seems like Gruden has a ton of trust in Cousins, but Kirk has proven to be a turnover machine.....get him a few more easy completions.

7)  Stop using Perry Riley in the red zone.....use a nickel defense...especially on 3rd down.

"We are not likely 1-5, we are 1-5". oh, really? did i miss the upcoming 2 games? what was the final score?

lol. posts like that make me embarrassed to be a part of this franchise. havent you heard "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY"??? we are not 1-5. we are 1-3 right now. we have a chance to be 2-3 next week, all we need is a win.

You are not part of the franchise, the franchise encompasses the players, personnel, coaches and employees.

This team is not beating Seattle by the way, might as well accept it.  Now, it may not be an embarrassment like everyone assumes, but let's get real.

You are not part of the franchise, the franchise encompasses the players, personnel, coaches and employees.

This team is not beating Seattle by the way, might as well accept it.  Now, it may not be an embarrassment like everyone assumes, but let's get real.

ok. you can think whatever you want. its your opinion. goodbye.

The fans have poured far more money into this franchise than any player or personnel. It should be perfectly fine to use "we" when referring to the team as a fan.

The fans have poured far more money into this franchise than any player or personnel. It should be perfectly fine to use "we" when referring to the team as a fan.

i dont think he had an issue with that. i think he had an issue with me saying im embarassed to be a part of this franchise. though i stated later on after that post that i meant embarassed to be a part of this fan base. guess he didnt see that post. but whatever. people can think what they want about next monday nights game. im done trying to cheer people up.

i dont think he had an issue with that. i think he had an issue with me saying im embarassed to be a part of this franchise. though i stated later on after that post that i meant embarassed to be a part of this fan base. guess he didnt see that post. but whatever. people can think what they want about next monday nights game. im done trying to cheer people up.

I'm not necessarily embarrassed to be part of the fanbase but 21 years of losing makes people have wild expectations and entitlements.  Not referring to you specifically.

You shouldn't waste your time trying to cheer people up.  You won't get anywhere vs. 21 years of mediocrity and embarrassment.  Lost battle.

I'm not necessarily embarrassed to be part of the fanbase but 21 years of losing makes people have wild expectations and entitlements.  Not referring to you specifically.

You shouldn't waste your time trying to cheer people up.  You won't get anywhere vs. 21 years of mediocrity and embarrassment.  Lost battle.

yep i realized today that im not going to change anyones mind no matter how hard i try. i'll just let people do what they do.

Well Hell. I've had 'Redskin from cradle to grave' for years and you've said nada.

Now he jumps on the bandwagon with his rhymey 'womb-to-tomb' you're all over it.

You've CHANGED Boss Man since you started hanging out with Sonny! :P

Humoh!

Hail.

So I guess I shouldn't divulge the pre game ritual I have with Doc then, huh. :)

Blaming Snyder is to easy anymore. He's done everything the fanbase has wanted him to and he still gets blamed.

Lol, maybe he's doing everything you want the team to do. Everyone wanted him to hire a GM, a football minded GM, upgrade scouting department, bring in football minds. What has he done? Bruce Allen is a cap guy, that's what he's known around the league. He isn't a football guy, yet this same guy is our GM and has final decision on every matter. The scouting department is awful and has been for years. How else do you explain the piss poor player development? We only have a handful of draft picks that are starters.

He has a huge ego and loves money. That's exactly how he's running the team. Flashy hires, FAs, drafts picks just to sell merchandise and put out fool's gold on the field. Yet, he never realizes this and repeats the same thing over and over. 

Until he puts football people in charge of the team, this team will consistently lose double digits games. 

Pay attention cause Paul has it figured out. :) Murphy, at the time, was picked as Kerrigan insurance as they were still looking to re sign Rak, which would let Kerrigan walk in FA & have Murphy takeover his spot.

So they would look to re-sign Rak but let Kerrigan walk? Huh? Maybe I am being obtuse, but in my opinion Kerrigan is so much better than Orakpo.

I don't want us to finish last even if that means we go 6-10 and don't get a top 10 pick.  I want to experience the feeling of my team winning more than just a couple times this year even if we only win 6 or 7 or whatever.  I'm tired of waiting until next year, next year never really works out around here anyway.  I've been waiting for Redskins football all year and now that it is here I'm not ready to say **** it and tank the season and have to wait another year.  So fans that want the team to lose for draft picks....BOO to you!  Losing has never helped us long term so why repeat this bull****.  I want to win some games!

So they would look to re-sign Rak but let Kerrigan walk? Huh? Maybe I am being obtuse, but in my opinion Kerrigan is so much better than Orakpo.

I don't think anyone will disagree that Kerrigan is outplaying his counterpart right now.  With that said, we were looking to re-sign Orakpo at the time but since his contract demands were too high, we left him on the franchise tag for this season.  Rak is as good as gone, imho, next season.....   Here you can find the original post TK was commenting on.....  http://es.redskins.com/topic/382851-weve-been-losing-what-i-want-is-for-us-to-finish-dead-last/page-8#entry9959626

Does anyone have a gif or vid of Leribus getting blown up last night? Seriously I watch a lot of football I don't think I've ever seen an interior OLineman get pushed flat on his back right off the snap before. Ever

I have. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go back and look at the play, but I'm willing to bet he got upended because someone else on the Skins (either Lich or a RB) had a foot planted behind his leg and he tripped over it. I've had this happen to me before in college, and I've seen it occasionally in pro games. Usually it's not right out in the open like that though...

I was watching Ribs during that steaming pile of a game, and he actually looked OK (not great) which is what I was hoping to see.

At this point, keep him in, cut Polumbus, and find someone else to take over at RT.

I don't think anyone will disagree that Kerrigan is outplaying his counterpart right now.  With that said, we were looking to re-sign Orakpo at the time but since his contract demands were too high, we left him on the franchise tag for this season.  Rak is as good as gone, imho, next season.....   Here you can find the original post TK was commenting on.....  http://es.redskins.com/topic/382851-weve-been-losing-what-i-want-is-for-us-to-finish-dead-last/page-8#entry9959626

It wouldn't surprise me to see Rak stay for less. Nobody is going to pay him elite 3-4 OLB (or 4-3 DE) money. 

2017:  Use your 28 draft picks including 3 first rounders, 9 2nd rounders, etc. etc. and literally pick your entire football team from the draft.  Supplement your roster with the physical freaks who have learned how to play over the past two years and the $50 million you have in cap space saved up. 

I know I'm being a bit ridciulous but I stand firmly by my point- why haven't we seen any kind of strategy like this from any nfl team, ever?

I'm not 100%, but pretty sure, that the Bengals only had 1 starter as of game #1 this year who wasn't drafted by them.

What sucks is that are good enough to get at least 4-5 more wins.  I see the Titans, Vikings, Buccaneers, Rams as winnable games.  We might beat an NFC foe once.  Which would put us at 5-11 or 6-10, which will likely be the 5th or 6th overall pick.

It's amazing that there are teams worse than us, because we are a bad team.

• 2 weeks later...

We have ten games left and I am worried about four of them.  The Titans, Vikings, Rams and Bucs are games we might get lucky and win one or two.  I am not worried about winning the other six against clearly better teams.

I don't see Jacksonville winning more than one or two, and we can't affored to win against the Rams or Bucs since they both will struggle to win more than a few each.

So, at this point we need to make sure we lose against the Titans at home to set the tone for the rest of the season.

We have ten games left and I am worried about four of them.  The Titans, Vikings, Rams and Bucs are games we might get lucky and win one or two.  I am not worried about winning the other six against clearly better teams.

I don't see Jacksonville winning more than one or two, and we can't affored to win against the Rams or Bucs since they both will struggle to win more than a few each.

So, at this point we need to make sure we lose against the Titans at home to set the tone for the rest of the season.

Definitely.

I'm a little worried about RGIII coming back and ruining it though

My concern is that we always seem to find a way to win three games instead of just two.  Putting us out of the top three picks.

I don't think it should happen this year, but if we suck next year we need a complete house cleaning including the GM and head of personnel.  It is unfortunate that we can't get rid of the owner because he is the common denominator since he bought the team.  I am not saying he is directly responsible, but it all starts and ends with him.

Archived