Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

[ ] What kind of fan wants us to lose?  It's only week 4!  We can still win a few games and make a run!  You suck as a fan

[ ] lol save Griffin lol what kind of idea is that lol let's think about that logic lol

[ ] It's Dan Snyder's fault, we need a real GM

[ ] I think that Cousins guy might not be so good

[ ] Leave Cousins alone!

[ ] Fine, leave Griffin alone!

[X ] You're an idiot

Wait.... Would I be attacking you, the poster, personally by choosing the last option????

Maybe that last option really is about me. Are you calling me an idiot? Are you attacking me personally???

When I watch other teams and they do things that are so basic and make it so easy that I wonder why can't my team do the same thing. It is not rocket science. Football has been around for ages!!! Why do we end up with players who can't do the same thing and are getting more money than these other players.

One week we will have the offense show up and the next week maybe the defense or maybe even the ST... oh wait that hasn't happened yet. I digress....

You HAVE to step back if you want to move forward to a better path. If the path you are walking on is not leading you anywhere that is when you have to STOP and THINK. Yes it is easier said then done and yes it will take time. But it can be done.

I rather put my pride and the ridicule that I might get from my friends for a year or two.... but, only to come back to them and make fun of them for the next 5 to 10 years while smiling with a big fat HTTR grin from ear to ear!!!

The bitter truth hurts. Zoony knows it. :)

Um, bull****. He was courting RG3 as if he were the prized debutante at the ball. Actually, second best debutante, the first one was already taken by an even sleazier douche nozzle.

Snyder can't help himself, it's all a ruse to make us feel better about the situation and take the crosshairs off his back. When he gets older and more senile like Jerry Jones, he'll stop pretending like he isn't the de facto GM. This **** show hasn't even hit it's prime.

Nonsense.....every owner without a franchise QB is courting and wanting that QB....I'm fairly certain that if Shanny said no to the trade, it wouldn't have happened.

This place will be fun to visit if we somehow win against the Seahawks. The fans will be talking Super Bowl for sure. 

Normally if we beat a team like the Seahawks, we lose the next game.  Kind of hard to look up even after beating the Seahawks since we are already 0-2 in the division

on point -- and I said this on the prediction thread, the game against the Giants worried me, its the type of game this team typically loses. 

http://realredskins.com/2014/09/27/gruden-needs-to-fix-redskins-culture/

The Redskins’ 45-14 loss to the Giants on Thursday night was painful for everyone—players, coaches, the fans at FedEx Field, the television audience—to go through. But coach Jay Gruden believes that it may have been just what the players and coaches needed. Even though going into the game they were 1-2 on the season and had won just four of their last 19 games going back to the start of the 2013 season, they perhaps were a bit full of themselves.

“I think we have a good group of guys character wise and I’m hoping that this is a wakeup call, like I said last night, a slap in the face,” said Gruden. “Hey, you’re not as good as you think you are, you have a lot more work to do than you think you do and hopefully they’ll get it done and realize that. Both coaches and players realize we have to put in the extra time, we have to put in the extra work, we have to put in the extra [preparation], we have to stay focused for longer and work harder for us to be successful. We just can’t put our uniform on and jog onto the field and act like we’re going to beat peoples’ butt without working.”

But given the team’s track record, with just one playoff appearance since 2008 and no playoff wins since 2005, why would they think they were anything special?

“That’s a good question,” said Gruden. “We had some success a little bit. We went to Philadelphia, they played hard, lose 37-34 . . . I just think that sometimes you need a beating like this to let people know that we have a lot of work to do. When you’re in close games like that or you win 41-10 and get 10 sacks on defense and you have 500 yards of offense [in their Week 2 win over Jacksonville] people might tend to think that they’re a little better than they are, coaches included.”

With the bar for success in the organization being so low, perhaps it’s just human nature to be satisfied with relatively modest success, even when that success doesn’t result in a win. But it sounds like now that they’ve hit rock bottom Gruden is going to get them to aim higher and to do what’s necessary to get them there.

“I think that at 1-3, reality check has come in full force and we don’t have a choice now,” said Gruden. “There are no wasted reps now. We have to take advantage of all of our reps and all of our time together to get this thing turned around because we have dug ourselves into a hole so to speak and we’ve got to get out of it quickly.”

We will see if Gruden can get this ship turned around. It’s not just a matter of studying more film and getting the players to hit the blocking sled for a while longer in practice. It’s about changing a culture and that never is an easy fix nor is it a quick one.

Almo would get a 1st or at worst a 2nd. 

No he wouldn't.

Isn't that what Viper kept telling Jester to do with Maverick before he eventually quit? 

And then he graduated and saved the day at the end.  ***SPOILER ALERT***

I would think that some of our LBs and DLs might fetch 2nd/3rds as well. 

Having said that, I don't think we need to sell off everything at this point, but I would be so encouraged by a firesale of draft picks like Zoony described. Someone has to play the games over the next couple years. 

I wouldn't either.

I was just commenting on who I think is worth what. :P

Depth and coaching at this point.

Oh I got it. It's very clever. How's that working out for you...being clever?

Yep, one more band-aid fix will transform this demolition project into a perennial contender. 

Smart-ass comments aside, I do actually still think Gruden could do fine here. 

I have stopped thinking when it comes to this team. I just wait and see, and then gringe

Trent Williams would get you a first.  I think some of the wideouts would get you a 2nd or 3rd.  That's about it for high-round picks imo.

You don't think Orakpo or Kerrigan would be worth picks? I was under the impression that pass rushers are at a premium in today's NFL. (Although the fact that they're both scheduled to be FA, next year, could certainly diminish their value. I could see a lot of teams saying "I'll wait, and see if the Skins manage to sign them, first.")

But, on the broader topic that I appear to have walked in on the tail of?

It's not the idea that first occurs to me. I'm certainly not screaming for it. But, if the team did it? I think I'd be cautiously optimistic.

I'm not at all sure that I've ever seen a team do it. Kinda like the proverbial "let's try to lose, so we can get a better draft pick", I'm not certain that it's ever really an option, in reality. (Although, it would explain the 2013 season.)

But I'm not certain that it would be a dumb idea, either.  Basically write off this year, and the next.  (Maybe the next two.)  In the theory that in 16 or so, we'll have 10-12 starters who were all high round draft picks, still playing on their rookie contracts. 

If we were to lose, say, Trent, AlMo, Captain kirk, Reed, Garcon, Orakpo, and Kerrigan, but we go into the '15 draft with two picks in every round (and a lot of cap room), would that be a terrible tradeoff? 

This year, and probably next, would suck.  But I think this year is guaranteed to suck, anyway.  I think the best we can hope for, this year, is a year of "well, we won our last four, to finish 6-10".  (And I think that's a long shot.)  Some ending where our record stinks, but we "looked good" at the end of the year. 

The one player that everybody loves, but I would absolutely trade is Morris......he's due for a big pay raise this off-season, but despite the yards; he's a limited player.....I think Silas Redd can pretty much do what Alfred has done....the Ravens would be a perfect trade target....they need a RB and Gary Kubiak (Shanny guy) is their OC.

Let's see what happens over the next two weeks. Odds are, we will lose both and then we can start talking about developing players. Right now, we definitely don't look good, but which team are we, the one who went into Philly and played well, or the one who was embarrassed at home against NY? My guess is somewhere in between. We have a long time to prepare for the Hawks, who are notoriously much worse on the road than at home, so I'm still going to hold out hope that we can turn this around.

I worry about anything this franchise does because whatever they do, no matter whose philosophy or how many times it has worked for someone else, we fail miserably at it. Rebuilding doesn't instill excitement or confidence either, but at least we have some young talent to build around.

Let Orakpo go, keep Kerrigan/Murphy. Sign Baker/Robinson long term, let Riley walk. Jeep Amerson/Breeland/& some of the young guys for depth/ST, & let everyone else in the secondary walk. Play the young guys on the line, get Griffin reps, & let Grant/Williams play more on the first team.

I would say that mostly it's the defense that requires a complete overhaul. & yeah...not gonna complain about a high pick. We should be looking at a stud pass rusher, or secondary player in the 1st/2nd rounds, unless we're in the right spot for an OG, or some such. Personally. ..I'd love to make finding the next Ray Lewis, or Patrick Willis our priority. ..but with the talent pool in CFB right now at that position, you would have to rely on coaches, & development, & I have no reason to believe we can do such a thing.

There are some nice things about this staff, & the fresh faces that I can get behind. ..but I need to see more development from week 4 to week 17 before I get on board. Still...I thought 7-9 before the season, after RGIII went down I thought 5-11. That's about where I think we'll be with Robert winning a couple win he gets back.

The thing here is...we're not gonna compete for anything tangible this year.period. so I agree 100% that we absolutely MUST get our youth some on the job training.

I also wouldn't mind entertaining the idea of trading an asset or 2 for picks, like AlMo (that hurts to say), or KC (if there's any value left in him) for some extra picks.

Smh...This is sad sad saaaaaaad........

I think thaat Dan Snyder had a chance to do the right thing after last season and didn't pull the trigger, I know he likes Bruce Allen, I do too but he should have made him President or something like that and started with a new football GM that worked for a successful team with a background in scouting, someone with a plan and a clue of how to build a team. Let the new GM hire the head coach and let the head coach hire his staff, I would have cleaned house in the front office , coaches and players who have been around long enough to have this loser mentality that this organization has. This team had been plauged with a horrible secondary and OL for years and it kind of blows my mind that nobody in the Redskins organization can see that.

I have been a DIE HARD fan for almost 40 years but I hate to admit I almost gave up on them this off season when Haslett, Morris, Burney and Forester were not let go. I hope we can all see now that it wasn't Shanahan holding Haslett back. To get embarrassed on national TV by our most hated enemy, the team that was the ringleader in us losing all that cap space, was beyond unacceptable. Where was this teams pride or balls for lack of a better word. I would have hated to be the one's around Snyder during and after the game because surely he was livid. We as fans seem to take these losses harder than the players do. Cousins comes out and says things like "I will learn from these mistakes" yeah I hope so but I think you need to be a little bit harder on yourself than that. Other players are on instagram promoting diffferent things and acting like we'll get 'em next time. It's sickening. Some people besides Gabe Miller should have lost their jobs after that cluster**** of an effort Thursday night. 

I bleed this burgandy and gold,so as much as I would like to give up on them I just can't do it but they are sure making it hard on a person.

Lmao this thread. This is why we can't have nice things. Because our fanbase is full of people who are ready to pack it in after 4 weeks. Disgraceful and just plain pathetic. This team wasn't ready to play Thursday night. Plain and simple. Had a massive amount of injuries and were coming off a very tough game vs a very tough team. Lets not throw away what we did the 3 prior games because of one horrendous game that was close until the 3rd quarter. 

Also, LMFAO if you think Arizona is a game we cannot win. They are 3-0, but need I remind you of the 2012 Cards? 4-0 turned into a 5-11 start. Or, on the other hand, 3-6 turned into 10-6 and the division. But no, lets pack it up after 4 weeks. Just disgraceful.

Lmao this thread. This is why we can't have nice things. Because our fanbase is full of people who are ready to pack it in after 4 weeks. Disgraceful and just plain pathetic. This team wasn't ready to play Thursday night. Plain and simple. Had a massive amount of injuries and were coming off a very tough game vs a very tough team. Lets not throw away what we did the 3 prior games because of one horrendous game that was close until the 3rd quarter. 

Also, LMFAO if you think Arizona is a game we cannot win. They are 3-0, but need I remind you of the 2012 Cards? 4-0 turned into a 5-11 start. Or, on the other hand, 3-6 turned into 10-6 and the division. But no, lets pack it up after 4 weeks. Just disgraceful.

hold it there, man...if you insult the people that are ready to pack it in after just 4 weeks, they are going to bash you. at least they did to me.

I think some of you guys are really under-appreciative of Alfred. I don't believe guys like him grow on trees and you can just plug-n-play any ole RB and get the same return. He's tough, durable, good vision and can break tackles with the best of them. I hope he's a Redskin for long time personally.

At least Eric Schaffer does a good job......

Playing the likes of Long, Moses & Murphy is a no brainer. Pick em, play em. We aren't that good that we can draft players and let them ride the pines for years. May as well find out if the suck sooner rather than later. Its just frustrating and pointless.

I think some of you guys are really under-appreciative of Alfred. I don't believe guys like him grow on trees and you can just plug-n-play any ole RB and get the same return. He's tough, durable, good vision and can break tackles with the best of them. I hope he's a Redskin for long time personally.

I don't under-appreciate Alfred. But at this point, he's a luxury. This team can't afford to have a luxury item parked outside while the foundation of the house is crumbling.

This team needs to stop getting buying & paying for the Porsche's. Fix the ****ing foundation of any team: OL & DL. 

And I disagree with DC9. Morris would command a 1st or 2nd round pick. Trading Trent Richardson got the Browns a 1st from the Colts and he can't carry Morris' jock. 

It's not a coincidence that two of the youngest (frequent) posters on the board are pretty much the only dissenters in this thread.

Would be interesting to go back and pull up some of the game day threads from the first 9 games of 2012 (especially the panthers game). I would bet some of the same people calling it a year now were also giving up back then. And were also in the Nats thread after a slow April. And in the wizards thread after the wiz their 2-7 start.

I don't under-appreciate Alfred. But at this point, he's a luxury. This team can't afford to have a luxury item parked outside while the foundation of the house is crumbling.

This team needs to stop getting buying & paying for the Porsche's. Fix the ****ing foundation of any team: OL & DL. 

And I disagree with DC9. Morris would command a 1st or 2nd round pick. Trading Trent Richardson got the Browns a 1st from the Colts and he can't carry Morris' jock. 

things like that are the exception in the NFL not the rule.  Other teams see something like the Richardson trade and it doesn't immediately pay off for the team that acquired him and they back off

and unfortunately it's hard for the Redskins to invest in shoring up the OL and DL right noow because they already have invested in shoring up the OL and DL.  They have 2-4 young OL who they have chosen to try to develop over time, two young DL starters and a couple of solid young rotation guys. 

In regards to Bruce Allen being a "yes man"?   I highly doubt that.     For the most part, I like what Allen has done with personnel this year.

I don't believe Snyder is making any personnel decisions....and hasn't made any in 5 years.

Anybody who believes that Allen isn't a yes man answer me this question: What else has he been?

He worked for Al Davis for a decade until 2004. Al Davis made the picks there. Allen was the guy who managed the salary cap fitting in the guys Davis wanted to add to the team. If Allen can put up with Al Davis I'm sure Snyder is like being on vacation considering Dan has no respect in the league and Allen is fronting for him. He gave him the title Al Davis never would but he's filling the same position. He's an upgraded Vinny Cerrato and obviously better with getting contracts signed. Vinny would've signed Hatcher for 50Mil over 7 years. He's at least the best we've had though.

As for drafts that he's been credited with I could post the Bucs drafts from 2004-2008 but lets just say its worse than ours from those years. We at least got Cooley, Sean Taylor, and a few decent years out of Stonehands Rogers and Fred Davis. Bucs fans say Gruden was the man running the drafts anyway which means, that he has 0 real experience doing this while we all know Dan Snyder has 15 years experience drafting players, right? In Dan's mind he's a 15 year vet draft Guru and you know it. We know he was doing it with Cerrato, and then with Gibbs and Cerrato, and after Gibbs left it was back to Snyderatto.

Archived