Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

I think Kleese made this point: Do you think people in Seattle are complaining about football not being like it was in the 80s and 90s? We do, because we were good then. I'm guessing not a lot of Cardinals fans are wishing it was 1983 again.

Sorry i havent read the entire thread. My statement had nothing to do with the teams during that period, just the actual game of football. Speaking of Seattle the league i thought added a bunch of DB contact rules in response to their play and watching their last two games they still play the same way. There is no consistency to what is flagged game to game week to week. There is pretty much offensive holding on the majority of all offensive plays yet the Redskins have had periods where they have gone weeks with being awarded an offensive holding on the defense.

To further answer your point though, im sure the Seattles and Arizonas of the league like the way things are now. Without revenue sharing they wouldnt be able to field the teams they have now. That didnt stop them though from greedily going along with the cap penalty on the 1st and 3rd highest grossing teams though since it gave them more cap space.

Let me save most of you the trouble of responding.  Choose one of the following:

[ ] What kind of fan wants us to lose?  It's only week 4!  We can still win a few games and make a run!  You suck as a fan

[ ] lol save Griffin lol what kind of idea is that lol let's think about that logic lol

[ ] It's Dan Snyder's fault, we need a real GM

[ ] I think that Cousins guy might not be so good

[ ] Leave Cousins alone!

[ ] Fine, leave Griffin alone!

[ ] You're an idiot

****, I already tweeted the team that I'm spending my season ticket money on a new pair of boobs for my wife.

I totally agree with building on something now.  0-2 in the division is more damning than 1-3.  We don't have the goods.  Let's DEVELOP for a change.

So the way to fix a losing culture is to lose on purpose?

We should start the young guys, but tell them, "Go lose one for the team"?

I guess the benefit of doing this is that it is easier to succeed at failing, it is much easier to achieve your goal if your goal is to suck.

Negative.

You play/develop guys like Long and Moses.  If they win, awesome, if they lose, hey --- they're getting reps/experience/development.

You can't go out with a plan to lose.  That's how you lose your vets like Trent/Jax/Garcon and everyone else.  That's also how you deter quality FAs from wanting to come here.

I'm also okay with waiting to do this until after we are mathematically eliminated, but it needs to happen.  We've not done that yet.

Call me optimistic, but I think we can turn this around with a new DC and two solid OL guys.  Wade looks like he is already campaigning for the job with his outfit.

I would hire a new OL coach, and clean house on the defensive side of the ball.  

I'm confident in Gruden's scheme.  And believe it or not, I'm still holding out hope for Griffin.

Bruce and Dan, well, I enjoy my posting privileges here.  I will still, never understand under any circumstances, how some fans will continue to give Snyder a pass.  He's the man that holds the strings.

Actually I'm a bit surprised nobody has been in on the major league reference yet. The board is slipping

Oh I got it. It's very clever. How's that working out for you...being clever?

Call me optimistic, but I think we can turn this around with a new DC and two solid OL guys.  Wade looks like he is already campaigning for the job with his outfit.

I would hire a new OL coach, and clean house on the defensive side of the ball.  

I'm confident in Gruden's scheme.  And believe it or not, I'm still holding out hope for Griffin.

Bruce and Dan, well, I enjoy my posting privileges here.  I will still, never understand under any circumstances, how some fans will continue to give Snyder a pass.  He's the man that holds the strings.

Yep, one more band-aid fix will transform this demolition project into a perennial contender. 

Smart-ass comments aside, I do actually still think Gruden could do fine here. 

Jesus, dude. You are the most optimistic fan I have ever encountered. Even my step-father, a long time Skins fan has finally broken this year.

Im about as optimisic as they come too but the beginning of this season has just about broken me as well. From Griffin getting hurt again, to the calls for him to be traded in favor of Cousins, for it to have seemed Cousins may have turned the corner only to have him play like the player i thought he was (will do good, will do bad), to the name change.... Its just becoming too much for something i have no control over. Ill just wait now for the Nats to have some fluke thing happen to them now like a kid reaching over the wall interfering and having it be ruled a home and them get eliminated for my Fall to be complete and normal.

the way i see it, one of these years the patience will pay off and the skins will start reeling off playoff berth after playoff berth after playoff berth,  and we will eventually win the first superbowl in my lifetime. that could be any year. and i still have a long life ahead of me (im 21) so why give up now, when one of these days i can be watching the redskins in the superbowl and smiling and singing Hail To The Redskins at the top of my lungs :)

Look, I'm 38. At the rate we've been going, my liver won't hold out too much longer. We already suck. We might as well tank and finally get some much needed picks to help us out. I feel like we're at the "blow this mofo up and start from scratch" phase. Again.

I have no confidence in Bruce Allen. He didn't sign a safety in FA and went with Merriweather and Rambo. His top OL priority was Luavo, a low rated guard from Browns. I'm not surprised that he struggled prior to his injury. 

All the stars need to align for Allen to build a consistent team and I'm not holding my breath. Danny boy is doing just fine. He's making money and feels his way of running the team is correct so he won't change. Therefore, the team is destined for poor seasons year after year.

I don't agree with sitting RG3 for the rest of the year.    And I definitely don't agree about not using read option, etc.....he's safer running those plays then standing in the pocket...especially with Polumbus at RT.

the NFL trade deadline is Oct. 28th...after our 8th game......if we're 3-5 or worse, I'm trading guys...starting with Orakpo.....the Colts are the prefect fit....they need to replace Mathis....they made an in-season trade last year...and I believe they have the cap space.

I would look to promote Murphy, Long, Moses, Phillip Thomas and Chris Thompson.

On a final note, I've always been a Snyder supporter.....I still am.....he has been failed by the qualified people he has hired in the past.

I have no confidence in Bruce Allen. He didn't sign a safety in FA and went with Merriweather and Rambo. His top OL priority was Luavo, a low rated guard from Browns. I'm not surprised that he struggled prior to his injury. 

We have the right organizational structure finally, but leave it to Dan to hire his buddy rather than the best guy for the job

In other thoughts, Here's a play I've thought about. Put Leribus at running back and put a box of twinkles in the end zone...

I don't agree with sitting RG3 for the rest of the year.    And I definitely don't agree about not using read option, etc.....he's safer running those plays then standing in the pocket...especially with Polumbus at RT.

the NFL trade deadline is Oct. 28th...after our 8th game......if we're 3-5 or worse, I'm trading guys...starting with Orakpo.....the Colts are the prefect fit....they need to replace Mathis....they made an in-season trade last year...and I believe they have the cap space.

I would look to promote Murphy, Long, Moses, Phillip Thomas and Chris Thompson.

On a final note, I've always been a Snyder supporter.....I still am.....he has been failed by the qualified people he has hired in the past.

It's one of those things that would never, ever happen... but I was really thinking after the Philly game I would love to have a GM with the huevos to have called Tampa that night and offer Cousins for their 1st rounder (in the hope that it would be a top 3, maybe even 1 overall). Again, no way any NFL GM would do something like that and it probably would be turned down by Tampa, but I was wishing anyway.

Like Steve Spurrier, Vinny Cerrato and Jim Zorn?  Those people?  Snyder struck it rich by being a hustler and by cashing in at the top of the crest of a very large wave.  I give him a ton of credit for it.  But, he does not know how to run a football franchise.  If that's not abundantly clear by now, don't know what to tell you.

Nah.... Watch us get pounded this week then beat the cardinals on a last minute , then heat the Titans Rams and Vikings er some ****.

This organization couldn't tank to save its life.

Its like that scene in Constantine where the dude tries to drink himself to death but there's nothing coming out of the bottle

Like Steve Spurrier, Vinny Cerrato and Jim Zorn?  Those people?  Snyder struck it rich by being a hustler and by cashing in at the top of the crest of a very large wave.  I give him a ton of credit for it.  But, he does not know how to run a football franchise.  If that's not abundantly clear by now, don't know what to tell you.

Yes on all of the above.

For the record, Bruce Allen not being a personnel guy was well known to the point of being completely non-controversial until Snyder put him in charge of personnel.

Archived