Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

My concern is that we always seem to find a way to win three games instead of just two.  Putting us out of the top three picks.

I don't think it should happen this year, but if we suck next year we need a complete house cleaning including the GM and head of personnel.  It is unfortunate that we can't get rid of the owner because he is the common denominator since he bought the team.  I am not saying he is directly responsible, but it all starts and ends with him.

Yeah, I just don't think we are bad enough to end up 2-14 or worse. Probably 4 or 5 wins, just enough to not get a great pick.

"We are not likely 1-5, we are 1-5". oh, really? did i miss the upcoming 2 games? what was the final score?

lol. posts like that make me embarrassed to be a part of this franchise. havent you heard "ANY GIVEN SUNDAY"??? we are not 1-5. we are 1-3 right now. we have a chance to be 2-3 next week, all we need is a win

Well now...  what were u saying about us not being 1-5?? 

Well now...  what were u saying about us not being 1-5?? 

i deserved that. yes. yes. we are horrible. i am depressed. dallas is 5-1. philly will probably be 5-1 after this game. we are the worst team in the division and in the league. a sense of uncertainty for years to come for the skins...ughh. gag me with a spoon.

i deserved that. yes. yes. we are horrible. i am depressed. dallas is 5-1. philly will probably be 5-1 after this game. we are the worst team in the division and in the league. a sense of uncertainty for years to come for the skins...ughh. gag me with a spoon.

Just embrace the losing man.!  :)

Top 5 draft pick here we come. (and we need it desperately.)

Just embrace the losing man.!  :)

Top 5 draft pick here we come. (and we need it desperately.)

yep if a top 5 draft pick will make us better, i guess i won't be too mad about this losing season. whatever helps us get better. but you best believe that once we finally start having consecutive winning seasons and make the playoffs regularly, i'll still be on here cheering the team along. through thick and thin. as much as this losing is hurting me right now, it will feel so much better when we start winning.

yep if a top 5 draft pick will make us better, i guess i won't be too mad about this losing season. whatever helps us get better. but you best believe that once we finally start having consecutive winning seasons and make the playoffs regularly, i'll still be on here cheering the team along. through thick and thin. as much as this losing is hurting me right now, it will feel so much better when we start winning.

I respect you, and any fan, who sticks with a team through both the wins and the losses.  That being said, you better be living a healthy life, because waiting for this team to get good again, consistently good for more than one season, could take quite a while.  I can't even remember the last time they had two seasons in a row over .500.  I'd actually have to go look it up, it's been so long.  

I respect you, and any fan, who sticks with a team through both the wins and the losses.  That being said, you better be living a healthy life, because waiting for this team to get good again, consistently good for more than one season, could take quite a while.  I can't even remember the last time they had two seasons in a row over .500.  I'd actually have to go look it up, it's been so long.  

you'd have to go back to the 1991 season and 1992 season to find the last time we were above .500 for back-to-back seasons

1991: 14-2 with a superbowl win

1992: 9-7 and lost in the divisional round

yep i realized today that im not going to change anyones mind no matter how hard i try. i'll just let people do what they do.

Hard to change people's minds when you are always wrong.  Like that whole we will make the playoffs thing you didn't own up to last week.

Redskins have been suck since I was born

My giants fan gf txted me complaining about their game. I laughed at her and told her she doesn't know real pain

Redskins and Dan Snyder make Arsneal and Wegner's problems seem miniscule.

you'd have to go back to the 1991 season and 1992 season to find the last time we were above .500 for back-to-back seasons

Holy crap. Is this really true?   Jesus, that is a slap-in-the-face fact for how long this franchise has wallowed in the muck.

Edit: 

1996: 9-7

1997: 8-7-1

So there's that.  

Hard to change people's minds when you are always wrong.  Like that whole we will make the playoffs thing you didn't own up to last week.

um, pretty sure i made a post after the loss to seattle that said i was wrong about us winning that game and that everyone else was right. and somebody else quoted something i said 2 weeks ago where i said we aren't 1-5 yet, and he said "so, what was that about not being 1-5?" and i said tonight to him that i was wrong about this team.

at this point i just try finding ways for the team to somehow make the playoffs because i think its fun. and right now, i am not going to try to talk people into agreeing with me. because i know it won't ever work. it is a lesson that i have finally learned this season. not everyone will be as optimistic as me and i have to accept that.

Holy crap. Is this really true?   Jesus, that is a slap-in-the-face fact for how long this franchise has wallowed in the muck.

Edit: 

So there's that.  

well, i guess if you call 8-7-1 a winning season. i would think thats almost the same as a .500 season, not an above .500 season.

Actually, we were .500 in back-to-back seasons under Norv in 1996-1997.

In '96 the only reason we got to 9-7 was a win against a Dallas team playing all their scrubs......last game at RFK should've been for a playoff berth, but instead we gakked the last part of the season after being 8-3. And the next year we were 4-2 but couldn't develop any consistency and missed the playoffs again at 8-7-1 (the tie being the ugly 7-7 Gus Frerotte headbutt affair against the Giants).

This just feels so much like '94 or '95.  Gotta see this through......hopefully in a couple years our current HC will garner better success than Norv did.

If you count .500 you can go back to 2007 and 2008.

EDIT: Damn, hail2skins beat me to it.

Archived