Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

I'm hoping we end up with a worse record than all of the QB needy teams: Jets, Jags, Tampa, Rams (maybe the Jets don't give up on GSmith just yet). Then, hopefully, we can sell our pick to the highest bidder so they can select Mariota. Maybe pick-up an extra 1 & 2. 

No one is giving up 2 firsts and a second for Mariota...Definitely don't see the Rams, Austin Davis isn't playing bad, Tampa will surely go with Glennon for another year unless he regresses the second half of the year...Jets need a lot more than just a QB, Jags will most certainly finish worse than us. 

No one is giving up 2 firsts and a second for Mariota...Definitely don't see the Rams, Austin Davis isn't playing bad, Tampa will surely go with Glennon for another year unless he regresses the second half of the year...Jets need a lot more than just a QB, Jags will most certainly finish worse than us. 

Besides, we are more likely than the Jags to pick a QB #1. They have a Top 5 pick who is a ROOKIE already on their team while we have a Top 5 pick 3 year vet who is playing like a rookie and injured for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Besides, we are more likely than the Jags to pick a QB #1. They have a Top 5 pick who is a ROOKIE already on their team while we have a Top 5 pick 3 year vet who is playing like a rookie and injured for the 2nd time in 3 years.

Lol totally blanked on Bortles. They are in a much better position to be able to trade back and get an extra pick if someone wants a QB. 

Lol totally blanked on Bortles. They are in a much better position to be able to trade back and get an extra pick if someone wants a QB. 

lol...yeah, I guess I didn't think that one through very well.

My desperation in seeing the team add extra high draft picks is clouding my analysis

What bothers me is how we can pick guys in the second and third round yet it takes them two to three years to see the field. I mean how the hell is Moses not playing over Polumbus? The guy was graded as a second round pick. Seattle drafted i believe a defensive lineman last in the draft and turned him into a RT whos starting for them right now..i put the development of our players squarely on the coaches and whoever is picking them. 

Makes me sick to think of all the wasted picks we have. When we end up with a top 5 pick all im saying is if we trade back to acquire more picks im gonna lose it. We do that **** every year and what has it gotten us? Jack ****. 

We need to pick the best player of need at every pick. We should be able to pull at least........at least three starters from the draft coming up.

What bothers me is how we can pick guys in the second and third round yet it takes them two to three years to see the field. I mean how the hell is Moses not playing over Polumbus? The guy was graded as a second round pick. Seattle drafted i believe a defensive lineman last in the draft and turned him into a RT whos starting for them right now..i put the development of our players squarely on the coaches and whoever is picking them. 

Makes me sick to think of all the wasted picks we have. When we end up with a top 5 pick all im saying is if we trade back to acquire more picks im gonna lose it. We do that **** every year and what has it gotten us? Jack ****. 

We need to pick the best player of need at every pick. We should be able to pull at least........at least three starters from the draft coming up.

Yep. I want the biggest and baddest o-lineman available.

We had a chance to move ahead today with loss to the Titans and a Jax win.

But, they go ahead and put in Colt and get an unimpressive win.  If this team could get unimpressive wins against good teams I would not be upset at this win today.  All it did was drop us out of the top of the draft.

And, come next Monday night we will be back to normal.  Be nice if this team could prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.

We had a chance to move ahead today with loss to the Titans and a Jax win.

But, they go ahead and put in Colt and get an unimpressive win.  If this team could get unimpressive wins against good teams I would not be upset at this win today.  All it did was drop us out of the top of the draft.

And, come next Monday night we will be back to normal.  Be nice if this team could prove me wrong, but I just don't see it.

I think as long as RG3 is not in, we are certainly going to look bad.  It was certainly a nice drive to move down the field at the end for the FG, but for the most part the second half was the most "playing not to lose" football you'll ever see.  I'm not sure what Ken Whisenhunt was doing with the 3 straight runs when the Titans had the ball, just pathetic.  We won't have a chance against Dallas the way we played today, barring TR getting hurt against the Giants.

But you know RG3 will come back at some point this season and you want him to do well, which means wins (albeit far from guaranteed).  That's why I can't get behind the tanking mentality of some this season.  We gave up a lot for Griffin, and need to see something from him over the last half of the campaign.

Why are you so sure about that?

I think its more a question of hoping for the better outcome.  The assumption is that RG3 will play well enough that we get to the 6-7 win neighborhood and that at least folks will at least feel good about the QB situation going into 2015.  If RG3 struggles big time and we lose a ton of games in the process and finish 3-13 again, sure, we'll get a high pick, but I really don't want us going forward without confidence in Griffin.

There is always the option that Griffin plays well but we still lose almost all of the games because of our crappy defense :)

I never want us to lose... I certainly don't want us to tank.  Mind you, there is some sense to the OP's sentiment, but I don't want the mentality of it losing and it being okay to lose to entrench itself even deeper into our culture than it has already.

Even tanking the season won't help us, since we can't draft well and often.

When is the last time we drafted a turd high in the first?

Landry might count but he was pro bowl level before he got hurt and wouldnt get it taken care of. Last real scrub i remember us drafting high was Shuler.

Landry might count but he was pro bowl level before he got hurt and wouldnt get it taken care of. Last real scrub i remember us drafting high was Shuler.

I'd say it was more on the side of bad than good.

In fact, our record of actual first guy selected per draft is about the same in the last 10-15 years.

Agree, Griffin, Williams and Kerrigan are not bad. Rak had a couple good years, but don't tell GHH that, he may seek his unicorn on you.

Good news today is that we won. Bad news is that we defeated a team that may pick before us and have similar needs.

Gardner, Ramsey, Landry more or less. On top of that we had no 1st round in 2003, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2013, and 2014 !

We were in position to draft JJ Watt but we traded down to get Kerrigan.

Archived