Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

i would want a win more than a tie, but to each his own.

This is not a "want" or anything, it's math.  I want a win more too.  But a tie counts more than a loss and less than a win.  

Think of it this way: a win gets you 1 point, a tie gets you .5 points, and a loss gets you 0 points.  

at 8-8 your at 8 points.  at 9-7, you're at 9 points.  At 8-7-1 your at 8.5 points.  Better than 8-8 (you'd win a playoff tiebreaker over an 8-8 team), but not as good as a 9-7 team.

It's just math. 

This is not a "want" or anything, it's math.  I want a win more too.  But a tie counts more than a loss and less than a win.  

Think of it this way: a win gets you 1 point, a tie gets you .5 points, and a loss gets you 0 points.  

at 8-8 your at 8 points.  at 9-7, you're at 9 points.  At 8-7-1 your at 8.5 points.  Better than 8-8 (you'd win a playoff tiebreaker over an 8-8 team), but not as good as a 9-7 team.

It's just math. 

never thought of it that way. ive just always looked at it as if the redskins were in a position in overtime, i would want the redskins to win rather than tie with a team. but i guess i've been looking at it the wrong way.

Seemed obvious to me he meant tie better than a loss.

yeah thats what i was trying to figure out. and thats why i said i would want a win rather than a tie.

Not really. That's just another way of trying to diminish the season that Griffin had.  I don't know why anybody really wants to do that.

Bro. Hey. Come on. You trying to tell me that the cowboys giants and eagles aren't better this year than they were the?

5-1 speaks for itself.

And then you'll have fans here telling everyone why it was the right pick and to have patience with Bruce since he has a master plan and is a capable GM.

if we draft a WR or punter with our #2 overall pick, you won't be hearing that from me. you'll be hearing me yelling "what about the o-line?????????" since we are pretty good at the WR position and we seem to have a good punter.

These next five weeks are crucial.

Titans

At Cowboys

At Vikings

Bye

Bucs

It doesn't seem impossible to come out of that 2-2 or even 3-1 if a whole lot of things go our way. Nothing would screw things up more than being a 5 or 6-win team.

I had us 6-10 before the season started, and I think we're still looking at a 4-5 win season.

Titans, Vikings and Bucs all have the notion of calling it a season right now too.  I think the Vikings will play hard, because they need to learn about Teddy Bridgewater.  On the other hand, when RG3 is ready we have a lot to learn, too.  I also don't see Gruden screwing things up so badly that he ends up as the Bucs QB coach.  Despite the earlier results, I think we can take NY, and the Rams are much more skilled at losing games than we are.

Losing is complicated.

I had us 6-10 before the season started, and I think we're still looking at a 4-5 win season.

Titans, Vikings and Bucs all have the notion of calling it a season right now too.  I think the Vikings will play hard, because they need to learn about Teddy Bridgewater.  On the other hand, when RG3 is ready we have a lot to learn, too.  I also don't see Gruden screwing things up so badly that he ends up as the Bucs QB coach.  Despite the earlier results, I think we can take NY, and the Rams are much more skilled at losing games than we are.

Losing is complicated.

A few things worry me. The Titans are capable of losing to anyone. The Bucs are probably worse than we are. The Vikings and Rams are truly terrible. And the Cowboys and Eagles both always have one hugely head-scratching loss even in good seasons. We could certainly be the head-scratcher for one of them.

I can see this team going 5-6 from here on out and there being a ton of talk about "improvement" and "gelling" and "getting comfortable with Gruden's system, as if there is one."

Then we pick 11th or 12th, trade our second and third rounders for the corpse of Darrel Revis, and roll into next year full of piss and vinegar.

Titans

At Cowboys

At Vikings

Bye

Bucs

It doesn't seem impossible to come out of that 2-2 or even 3-1 if a whole lot of things go our way. Nothing would screw things up more than being a 5 or 6-win team.

5 or 6 wins is NFL purgatory. It is a big reason why we couldn't max those first 2 years of Shanahan, the dolt had us 6-10 and 5-11 by bubble gum and tape, which then cost us more picks to get Griffin.

The non-loss to Jacksonville in late 2010 dropped us from 5th or 6th overall to 10th overall in the draft. Stay at that 5 or 6 spot and the team could have made the trade the Browns made.

And of course 2011 was just useless with any win beyond week 1. I nearly broke my lap top during the Seattle non loss

5 or 6 wins is NFL purgatory. It is a big reason why we couldn't max those first 2 years of Shanahan, the dolt had us 6-10 and 5-11 by bubble gum and tape, which then cost us more picks to get Griffin.

The non-loss to Jacksonville in late 2010 dropped us from 5th or 6th overall to 10th overall in the draft. Stay at that 5 or 6 spot and the team could have made the trade the Browns made.

And of course 2011 was just useless with any win beyond week 1. I nearly broke my lap top during the Seattle non loss

Cards, Chargers and Cowboys all have emerged from a long string of mediocre seasons.  I think sometimes being the middle of the draft protects you from the over-hyped players and forces you to think more about team goals.

Of course, it sets you to grab the falling knife.  The Skins need to go into the draft with a plan and stick to the plan.  All the holes can't be plugged in one draft, so (if you can't trade down in the first) address the biggest needs in the first and second, and draft the BPA in lower rounds.

Titans

At Cowboys

At Vikings

Bye

Bucs

Even if we go 1-3, Griffin will win us a couple of games coming down the stretch.

We could be 5 - 5 by the time we play SF. We have to beat the Titans with Kirk though and RG3 has to come back in 2012 form off the giddy up and beat dallass. So I'm with who ever said I'm not giving up until we have 7 losses... we won 7 in a row in 2012.. we win 7 in a row now and we are 8 -  5 with the last three games for the division. It's possible..o_0... oh I'm just so sad...

We could be 5 - 5 by the time we play SF. We have to beat the Titans with Kirk though and RG3 has to come back in 2012 form off the giddy up and beat dallass. So I'm with who ever said I'm not giving up until we have 7 losses... we won 7 in a row in 2012.. we win 7 in a row now and we are 8 -  5 with the last three games for the division. It's possible..o_0... oh I'm just so sad...

Did you see Russell Wilson running for his life yesterday?  If Gruden is stupid enough to play RG3 against Dallas in Dallas, no matter what internal pressure there is, he deserves to be fired.  I think McCoy has a better chance of playing than RG3.

i agree that there is a chance for a run here - it's kinda a race for the bottom with the Titans, Vikings and Bucs coming up.

We could be 5 - 5 by the time we play SF. We have to beat the Titans with Kirk though and RG3 has to come back in 2012 form off the giddy up and beat dallass. So I'm with who ever said I'm not giving up until we have 7 losses... we won 7 in a row in 2012.. we win 7 in a row now and we are 8 - 5 with the last three games for the division. It's possible..o_0... oh I'm just so sad...

5-5 by SF? Just what kind of drug are you on, dude? We are HORRIBLE!!

Archived