Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

What is finishing dead last going to do for this team? NOTHING! This team will still trade away opportunities to get good pl;ayers only to get another teams reject or scrub to play for us while giving them a big fat contract that they never live up to. We go get Sean Lavau but we keep Chris Chester and Tyler Polumbus. Both of these guys can't hold their own so why do we keep onto their backups? They obvious aren't any better than those two stooges. Lichtenstieger is holding his own but still isn't that good. We have quality WR's but our QB's have no time to get them the ball. We have a good RB but for some reason our O-Line can't open up holes for him. It is just as bad on defense as it is on offense. Finishing dead last won't make this team any better epecially when they go with a recipe for disaster instead of success. Just look at the last 20 years and you will see a pattern.

We're #6 currently. The Draft Position thread is now up and running.

I'm hoping we lose out and play every young guy on the roster

Also hoping for epic drama at this point. Maybe UnWise Mike and Rich Tandler in a homer v hater fist fight in the buffet line of the press box

Or Bruce Allen getting fired this week and him and Vinny going in 980 for a 4 hour no holds barred call in session

I'm hoping we lose out and play every young guy on the roster

Also hoping for epic drama at this point. Maybe UnWise Mike and Rich Tandler in a homer v hater fist fight in the buffet line of the press box

Or Bruce Allen getting fired this week and him and Vinny going in 980 for a 4 hour no holds barred call in session

I was hoping for this back in 2011 but the stupid team even F'd that up by beating Seattle and the Giants

Just shut it down.  Concede the season.  At 1-5 our only hope would be to go 9-1 if we want to get anywhere near the playoffs.  This roster should never be confused with a team capable of .500 ball, much less a 9-1 run.

1.  Shelve Griffin.  Blame a 'lingering' foot injury.  Nothing good will come from him stepping on the field with this cast of losers.  Stash him for next year, let him work on his game at practice.  Give him that year on the bench that developing QB's need, use the ankle injury as an excuse to keep the media off.  If you feel like you MUST play him, fine.  No more read option nonsense.   Hell, no more waggles and boots.  Make him drop back and throw from the pocket on every play in the interest of reps and devlopment.

I'm on board with everything but number 1.  If we truly want to suck all the way to the first pick in the draft then RG III&13 must play out the season.  He's gives us the best chance for a total NBA style tanking of the season.

I'm on board with everything but number 1. If we truly want to suck all the way to the first pick in the draft then RG III&13 must play out the season. He's gives us the best chance for a total NBA style tanking of the season.

Yeah because Capt. Kirk with his stud like 1-7 record certainly inspires confidence.

Yeah because Capt. Kirk with his stud like 1-7 record certainly inspires confidence.

Scratch Capt Kirk and insert Colt McCoy.  If you want to win that is.  If you want to lose out then RG III or Kirk will do.  At least with Kirk you'd see some passes down the field.  A whole lot more exciting then watching the team struggle to score 1 TD vs a very, very bad Defense.

I think you keep drafting a QB until we find the right one. It's too valuable of a position. And quite frankly, a good QB masks other problems on the team.

I'm not convinced that our OL is bad as people think it is. It has looked horrendous with Griffin under center. Yet it was OK with Cousins and McCoy. We really don't know just how much of a problem is RG3 himself.

Right...we draft another QB and ruin him. 

We have more pressing needs we can address.  I'm not even sure why there's a rush to judgment on whether Griffin is the answer.  We have so many holes right now, it wouldn't matter if he was in 2012 form.  Collectively we aren't good. 

I think you keep drafting a QB until we find the right one. It's too valuable of a position. And quite frankly, a good QB masks other problems on the team.

I'm not convinced that our OL is bad as people think it is. It has looked horrendous with Griffin under center. Yet it was OK with Cousins and McCoy. We really don't know just how much of a problem is RG3 himself.

Yep. I remember when Ramsey started, and everyone crushed the OL. Yet Brunell comes in, we win 10 games, and the offense is productive. Ditto with Campbell to Collins.

A lot of the good to elite QBs in the league have average at best OLs. Doesn't seem to be an issue.

But because we had the OMG HOGS!!~ in the 80s Skins fans have abnormally high standards for OL play.

You cannot win in the NFL without good QB play. Teams seemingly find good lineman prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round, even beyond that. 

We have Trent Williams as a solid LT. Are we seriously going to draft a G, C or RT with a top 5 pick? That's border line insane and a total waste of a high draft pick. You have to have more faith in your scouting department and coaching staff to take a high 2nd or 3rd rounder and mold him into a good lineman. Didn't we just invest a 2nd and 3rd round pick in a T and G this draft?

Archived