Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

Yep. I remember when Ramsey started, and everyone crushed the OL. Yet Brunell comes in, we win 10 games, and the offense is productive. Ditto with Campbell to Collins.

A lot of the good to elite QBs in the league have average at best OLs. Doesn't seem to be an issue.

But because we had the OMG HOGS!!~ in the 80s Skins fans have abnormally high standards for OL play.

This is why were in this mess right now.....thinking our OL is any kind of good. You and Snyder just keep on hoping that the guys up front have NFL starting talent , they don't. Trent is the only one. I don't think it's a high standard to be able to run a 7 step drop without play action.

The pukes have a good young Oline and quality RB.  Yet, when romoSUCKS goes down they struggle to move the ball without their number 1 QB.

I don't think anyone is saying you don't draft lineman.  But quality line play only get you so far.

You mean 7-3?  Talking about shaking my head.  BTW, the niners are 7-4 and not happy with their QB play.  What you got?

You cannot win in the NFL without good QB play. Teams seemingly find good lineman prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round, even beyond that. 

We have Trent Williams as a solid LT. Are we seriously going to draft a G, C or RT with a top 5 pick? That's border line insane and a total waste of a high draft pick. You have to have more faith in your scouting department and coaching staff to take a high 2nd or 3rd rounder and mold him into a good lineman. Didn't we just invest a 2nd and 3rd round pick in a T and G this draft?

We could win with solid line play and Colt at QB. You need lineman,,,good to great lineman on both sides of the ball. We don't .

we haven't in years. we keep bargin basement shopping

We are going to be stuck in QB hell the rest of this decade

Most likely true

I think the rest of our Team is about 3 solid drafts away (by solid I mean 3 drafts in a row that turn out 2 quality starters each)

So, 2018 at the earliest. But that's assuming we draft well

We could win with solid line play and Colt at QB. You need lineman,,,good to great lineman on both sides of the ball. We don't .

we haven't in years. we keep bargin basement shopping

We invested a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick in a T and G this year. We've invested multiple draft picks on lineman in the previous drafts before this one. 

This talk of "not investing in the O-line" is a Redskins fan myth. We invest in the OL but for some reason they aren't panning out.

And no, you are not going to win anything with Colt McCoy. Maybe a 6-10 season at best.

This loss will help as it will give more opportunities to select a quality QB in the draft for our future.

Quality QB are you nuts???? Just so he can be pounded flat and cut/traded after three years.  Over the next three years We need to spend the next three 1st rounders on offensive linemen, then you can consider a QB.

We invested a 2nd and 3rd round draft pick in a T and G this year. We've invested multiple draft picks on lineman in the previous drafts before this one. 

This talk of "not investing in the O-line" is a Redskins fan myth. We invest in the OL but for some reason they aren't panning out.

And no, you are not going to win anything with Colt McCoy. Maybe a 6-10 season at best.

Need a new o-line coach asap. Forester is a bum

You cannot win in the NFL without good QB play. Teams seemingly find good lineman prospects in the 2nd and 3rd round, even beyond that. 

We have Trent Williams as a solid LT. Are we seriously going to draft a G, C or RT with a top 5 pick? That's border line insane and a total waste of a high draft pick. You have to have more faith in your scouting department and coaching staff to take a high 2nd or 3rd rounder and mold him into a good lineman. Didn't we just invest a 2nd and 3rd round pick in a T and G this draft?

And what're you trying to win?  A QB Competition or the Super Bowl?  Because I've seen more great teams win SBs with deficient QBs than I've seen win with deficient teams and a great QB. 

Our roster is nowhere near ready for playoff football.  Our entire secondary is suspect, we have guys at LB that wouldn't start on other teams, and one good offensive lineman.

The Steelers drafted a C in the first round a few years ago...We've drafted a safety with the fifth pick. We need talent period.  And spending mid to low draft picks then relying on contributions from them hasn't been working for us.  Anyone outside of the second round making an impact (except on special teams) is pretty much gravy.   

And what're you trying to win?  A QB Competition or the Super Bowl?  Because I've seen more great teams win SBs with deficient QBs than I've seen deficient teams with great QBs. 

Our roster is nowhere near ready for playoff football.  Our entire secondary is suspect, we have guys at LB that wouldn't start on other teams, and one good offensive lineman.

The Steelers drafted a C in the first round a few years ago...We've drafted a safety with the fifth pick. We need talent period.  And spending mid to low draft picks then relying on contributions from them hasn't been working for us.  Anyone outside of the second round making an impact (except on special teams) is pretty much gravy.   

When was the last time the Steelers invested a top 5 pick in a lineman?

We aren't talking about just any draft pick. We are going to be picking top 5, maybe top 3 this coming draft. The only lineman you draft that high is a LT, which we already have.

Your posts are continuous fail.

Please posts some facts about teams that have spent less picks on offensive lineman than the skins.

Wake up.

When was the last time the Steelers invested a top 5 pick in a lineman?

We aren't talking about just any draft pick. We are going to be picking top 5, maybe top 3 this coming draft. The only lineman you draft that high is a LT, which we already have.

As of week 12 we were only #7.  And when have the Steelers had a top 5 pick recently? 

Most likely true

I think the rest of our Team is about 3 solid drafts away (by solid I mean 3 drafts in a row that turn out 2 quality starters each)

So, 2018 at the earliest. But that's assuming we draft well

We are decades away.  Until Snyder sells the team or passes the way, we are in football hell.  No one can save us.  Abandon all hope.  This guy is the true cancer at the core of this franchise, and he has metastasized to infect this entire franchise.  He obviously has coaches, players and staff sign ironclad non-disparagement agreements.  We will never get the true story of how awful he is, but the results are clear.

Truthfully I was thinking getting an OL with our first pick, but honestly I would actually take a QB at this point, especially considering that Colt did a decent job when he did play. He has great pocket presence. RG3 does not, it also doesn't help that he can't read defenses as well and has horrible footwork, and can't climb the pocket. I would go QB, FS, and RT or QB, RT and FS with our top 3 picks tbh. Probably the former.

We are decades away.  Until Snyder sells the team or passes the way, we are in football hell.  No one can save us.  Abandon all hope.  This guy is the true cancer at the core of this franchise, and he has metastasized to infect this entire franchise.  He obviously has coaches, players and staff sign ironclad non-disparagement agreements.  We will never get the true story of how awful he is, but the results are clear.

That's true. He really is the true cancer of this franchise. Especially with rumors of him making Gruden publicly apologize to RG3. Ridiculous.

Archived