Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"We've been losing. What I want is for us to finish dead last."

zoony

Personally i am just becoming more and more disillusioned by the entire NFL product and it started with the cap penalty. How that could even happen and then just be swept under the rug to this day blows my mind. Then you add in all the ridiculous suspensions, new rules, penalties that arent called straight across the board, poor reffing. The owners and upper management of the NFL just opperates knowing they can do whatever they want and the majority of people are going to watch because they have invested so much into the team they support. Then add in the Redskins always being poorly managed, have issues like clown show special teams and i question more and more why i continue to support the league. This brand of football we see on Sundays isnt even close to the football we saw during the 80s and 90s. I dont know, ill always be a Redskins fan but as the years go by i become more and more focused on what else i could be doing with my Sundays during the fall. Pretty damn sad that its come to this.

Seriously though, we make a blockbuster trade to finally get the QB we need to have a chance for sustained success and two of the owners from our division rivals hand down cap penalties to us and another rival for violating the salary cap in an uncapped year just days after the trade. The arrogance of that move which was obvious collusion will never sit straight with me.

Skins always seem to win just enough to get boned out of a premium pick, or trade the pick, or pick some guy other than JJ Watts.

While the press on J.J. Watt is outrageous and he is a great player...his and Ryan Kerrigan's stats are actually almost identical.  We hit with our pick even though we didn't get Watt.

This brand of football we see on Sundays isnt even close to the football we saw during the 80s and 90s. I dont know, ill always be a Redskins fan but as the years go by i become more and more focused on what else i could be doing with my Sundays during the fall. Pretty damn sad that its come to this.

I think Kleese made this point: Do you think people in Seattle are complaining about football not being like it was in the 80s and 90s? We do, because we were good then. I'm guessing not a lot of Cardinals fans are wishing it was 1983 again.

See, this is just one of a meriad of problems it is being a fan of this team,......

YOU ARE NOT A PART OF THE FRANCHISE, YOU ARE JUST A FAN!  Sorry to break that to you.....

Yes, any given Sunday,...blah, blah, blah,....

Zoony's post makes more sense than not.  As fans we have the right to be upset, outraged and negative about this franchise because they deserve it.  They stink on ice.

when i said part of the franchise, i meant a part of the fan base. and seeing people say that we are 1-5, it makes me embarassed to be associated with these fans. fact is, we are not 1-5. we are 1-3, unless i have been in a coma for 2 weeks. the term any given sunday means we have the chance to beat seattle and arizona. doesnt mean it will happen, but it means there is a chance. and for people to just automatically count those 2 games as a loss, and write "1-5" for the redskins, is pretty sad.

I think Kleese made this point: Do you think people in Seattle are complaining about football not being like it was in the 80s and 90s? We do, because we were good then. I'm guessing not a lot of Cardinals fans are wishing it was 1983 again.

Winning SBs helps, I would think. They took until 2013 to win a Super Bowl between the two teams...there's little to look back on fondly.

While the press on J.J. Watt is outrageous and he is a great player...his and Ryan Kerrigan's stats are actually almost identical.  We hit with our pick even though we didn't get Watt.

Watt has 38.5 sacks to Kerrigan's 29.

Watt has 29 passes deflected to Kerrigan's 16.

Watt has 189 tackles to Kerrigan's 142.

Kerrigan is a great player, and I'm not complaining, but Watt is on another planet.

Winning SBs helps, I would think. They took until 2013 to win a Super Bowl between the two teams...there's little to look back on fondly.

Thank you, doctor.

i have a good feeling that we will beat seattle on MNF. if i am wrong, i will admit on ES that night immediately after the game that i was wrong. so heres to hoping i dont have to come back after the game to admit that :)

Jesus, dude.  You are the most optimistic fan I have ever encountered.  Even my step-father, a long time Skins fan has finally broken this year.

6.  I get that Snyder would never actually hire a GM or Front Office Exec that would stand up to him and challenge him and tell him, when needed, that he is an idiot.  Snyder wants and needs a buddy... a yes man.  A guy he can bring into his world that will affirm his worldview - look no further than the parade of characters we've seen in the front office since Day 1.  We need to accept that as Redskin fans, but perhaps we can find a way to get around it.  Fine, Dan... keep your buddy Bruce as Executive VP.  Take him around in your private plane and let him do the yessing.  But, let's let Bruce Allen hire a GM that will challenge Bruce Allen.  I want a GM who will come into the building and point blank tell Bruce that he is doing it wrong and the organization has been doing it wrong for years.  That it needs to be overhauled.  Scouting, personnel, draft strategies, free agency, player development, the entire thing.  Sorry Bruce, I'm sure that will suck to have your new employee basically telling you that you are incompetent, but we as fans are asking you to take one for the Team, so to speak.  Do it for Redskins fans everywhere.  Throw your ego out the window and be the guy to insulate Dan Snyder from football operations, not the guy actually making football decisions.

THIS!  This.  This.  This.  This.  This.  I have been saying similar things for years, and I completely endorse everything in your OP.  This franchise needs to be retooled, restructured, rebuilt.  The only upside to this season was getting a guy like Robinson on the field and that rookie WR who looks promising.  This front office always creates some type of hellish patchwork quilt of a team because they always seem to think we are but one or two pieces away.  The reality is that we have been and remain far, far away.  Let's build the O-lines and D-lines properly--the rest will fall into place.

So the way to fix a losing culture is to lose on purpose?

We should start the young guys, but tell them, "Go lose one for the team"?

I guess the benefit of doing this is that it is easier to succeed at failing, it is much easier to achieve your goal if your goal is to suck.

So the way to fix a losing culture is to lose on purpose?

We should start the young guys, but tell them, "Go lose one for the team"?

I guess the benefit of doing this is that it is easier to succeed at failing. Much easier to achieve your goal if your goal is to suck.

Yes, that's exactly what we are all saying

I only read the first 40 posts, so if this already got posted, then I'm repeating ideas.  To hell with QB in the next draft, we need to suck for #1 overall in 2016 so we can welcome Christian Hackenberg into the B&G.  Yeah, I said it.  I can't rhyme anything with Hackenberg, so I may start a thread called "Praying for a Christian" instead.

Jesus, dude.  You are the most optimistic fan I have ever encountered.  Even my step-father, a long time Skins fan has finally broken this year.

the way i see it, one of these years the patience will pay off and the skins will start reeling off playoff berth after playoff berth after playoff berth,  and we will eventually win the first superbowl in my lifetime. that could be any year. and i still have a long life ahead of me (im 21) so why give up now, when one of these days i can be watching the redskins in the superbowl and smiling and singing Hail To The Redskins at the top of my lungs :)

All I can say is:  Thank God for the Nationals; an organization run professionally with a product on the field that proves it.  Never would I have thought that in October I would be more excited to watch the Nats in the playoffs than the Redskins in Week 5.

It's supremely frustrating to watch this team suck every. frigging. year.  There is no improvement.  The defense is just as terrible as ever, if not worse now that D. Hall is IR'd.

If Haslett is not gone next year, I'll be tempted to not watch, just to save myself the heartache of another hopeful offseason followed by the same damn story over and over again.

I only read the first 40 posts, so if this already got posted, then I'm repeating ideas. To hell with QB in the next draft, we need to suck for #1 overall in 2016 so we can welcome Christian Hackenberg into the B&G. Yeah, I said it. I can't rhyme anything with Hackenberg, so I may start a thread called "Praying for a Christian" instead.

Hacking for Hackenburg

Hackenburg, dead ahead!

Hackenburger with a side of win please

Btw, who the **** is Hackenburg

Random thought:

If I'm Jay Gruden I'm practicing the silent snap count this week in anticipation of the Seahawks fan crowd noise Monday night.

the way i see it, one of these years the patience will pay off and the skins will start reeling off playoff berth after playoff berth after playoff berth,  and we will eventually win the first superbowl in my lifetime. that could be any year. and i still have a long life ahead of me (im 21) so why give up now, when one of these days i can be watching the redskins in the superbowl and smiling and singing Hail To The Redskins at the top of my lungs :)

I admire you, I really do.  I think so much changes in life from your 20s to your 30s and beyond, that the way in which you process a game emotionally changes as well.  I hope you have a very long life ahead of you, and I hope we all get to see a Washington SB victory in the not too distant future.  But, I gave up on unadulterated optimism long ago.  I'm much more of a realist with this team, and I believe what I see on the field.  

We are a long way away from being a consistent winner.  Every week we step out there, we play two opponents.  Ourselves and the real opponent.  Until we fix that, we don't stand a chance.

The team is very good at allowing blocked kicks, missed field goals, returned KOs for TDs. Continuing to do that while getting the young guys experience to see if they have a place on the team could accomplish both goals: experience & losses = high draft picks.

Toss in a few key trades to teams in the playoff hunt right before the trade deadline: Almo for a #1, Reed for a #2, and a few others for middle round picks and the odds increase on picking some good players for the trenches. Get that shored up & look to 2016 to build the back end of the defense. 

Just don't let that right to be upset, outraged and negative cause facts and logic to fly out the window lol...which is what tends to happen.

Point taken.  I have no problem arguing from a logical, fact filled perspective.  There's plenty of logic and facts to backup why this franchise is a debacle and stinks on ice.  PLENTY!

Archived