Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaCanfora: Fred Davis 6 Game Suspension

Rocket442Olds

Fred Davis will likely have trouble keeping his career going because he smoked pot but Josh Brent kills a guy while drunk and he gets 10 years probation. Wouldn't surprise me to see Brent play for the Cowboys again

Believe me, as someone who lost a fiance to a drunk driver, I do not take driving while intoxicated lightly, but I think you're missing the mark here.  This isn't the first time, nor even the second time that Davis has been busted for violating the rules and breaking the law by using a prohibited substance.  He has already been suspended and lost money because of it, and is now on his third or fourth chance and is still screwing up.  His career would not be in jeopardy if he was smart enough to have learned his lesson the first couple of times.  He has no one to blame but himself, and no excuse can come close to being acceptable.

Stupidity doesn't cost anything

6 games is interesting, what is the official word as to why only 6 games? I doubt this one goes away quietly

Last I checked it just cost Davis 6 game checks.

That is, if anyone takes a flyer on him.

6 games is interesting, what is the official word as to why only 6 games? I doubt this one goes away quietly

Could be that he failed to show up for tests. So didn't necessarily test dirty, but not showing up obviously one potential reason is that you know you'll test dirty. Should've just pulled a Sherman and cracked the cup.

Believe me, as someone who lost a fiance to a drunk driver, I do not take driving while intoxicated lightly, but I think you're missing the mark here.  This isn't the first time, nor even the second time that Davis has been busted for violating the rules and breaking the law by using a prohibited substance.  He has already been suspended and lost money because of it, and is now on his third or fourth chance and is still screwing up.  His career would not be in jeopardy if he was smart enough to have learned his lesson the first couple of times.  He has no one to blame but himself, and no excuse can come close to being acceptable.

Oh I'm not defending the guy he is a dumbass for putting weed over his NFL career. I just don't agree with treating alcohol so nonchalantly. He obviously isn't a smart dude. Look at the number of NFL players that have KILLED people driving drunk and still play.

Man he royally screwed up, multiple times. Drug suspension 1, then a justifiable and permanent trip in Shanny's doghouse, and now drug suspension (again in a contract year). Even with the first suspension, if he played decent this year and stayed out of the doghouse someone would have given him a decent contract. I don't know that anyone even signs him now. Wow. 

I heard Cooley on 980 saying that the test for herb was even more an intelligence test because if one just sorta tried, one could work usage around the test scheduling.  As he explained it, seemed to me incredibly simple.

Damn, Fred. 

velocet

Vet min, without incentives and I'd still take a flyer on him

How about tumblr_mor1ysYP4J1r14o02o1_250.gif?

I don't know. As long as Reed can come back healthy, I think we are good with him and Paulsen. Not sure how the "experiment" is doing, or if Gruden will want to continue that, but we may be okay at TE.

I think I read that Reed has never completed a season (college included) without missing some time. He hasn't really changed that perception, sadly.

lol.. this might be one of the most misguided sentences I've ever seen on this site.

I think in regards to Reed, keep digging for tight ends.. we've mined good ones from deep in drafts. Keep bringing them in and finding guys who can spell him or take over if need be. Paulsen has a spot because he was able to do so for Snoozy. No need to have a second superstar that costs a bunch, just mine for them. Late picks, inexpensive free agent signings, it's entirely possible to keep the position from falling apart with an injury. 

~Bang

Archived