Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaCanfora: Fred Davis 6 Game Suspension

Rocket442Olds

What an idiot...the opportunity to make it to this level, the NFL, that so many aspiring athletes hope to achieve...and this dummy just doesn't get it.  I'd love the opportunity to make millions for a living. smh.   In pretty much any other job you test positive for a an illegal drug you get fired. In the NFL you get warnings, or suspensions.   Moving on.

I hope Reed can beat the concussion odds and be good for us for a while, we need a break.

I'm done with Davis because he doesn't seem to be taking being a professional athlete seriously.

Having said that, both teams in the super bowl are from states that have legalized recreational usage of marijuana. Should the NFL consider allowing its players to smoke weed at some point?

I'm done with Davis because he doesn't seem to be taking being a professional athlete seriously.

Having said that, both teams in the super bowl are from states that have legalized recreational usage of marijuana. Should the NFL consider allowing its players to smoke weed at some point?

No. Why would they? They made it a big point that employers could still fire people for weed in those states.

I don't thiink that there has been a player (maybe TO) that has been able to sabotage his career so quickly. I agree. Guy doesn't have the mindset, at least now, to be an NFL caliber player. So sad.

Hopefully Reed is healthy. I see a FA TE signing or a draft pick on a TE in our future.

TO was at least a hard worker, just a drama queen.

I've been saying that Fred Davis should be gone for a long time now.  Interesting how many people, even a few weeks ago, were saying maybe Davis would rebound now that Shanny is gone.

Reading more whining (mainly, with a few actual decent posts) about the seahawks in ATN, I just had the sour thought "Fred's even too stupid to have at least been violating the rules by also taking something that would enhance his performance..."  :angry:  :(

Have we officially replaced "I blame Brunnel!!" (you newer ES'ers missed that great site meme) with "I blame Shanahan!!"?  :lol:

ES was ahead of the whole "I blame Bush," "Thanks, Obama!" memes.  We're pretty spectacular on this board when we want to be.

Packers could probably use a TE with Finley's neck injury and FA status. Maybe the lack of a big nigh life scene in Wisconsin can help him the way it helped Charles Woodson.

Him sitting the first 6 games wouldn't help your TE situation

And when he gets back, he'll probably either toke/get injured again

Stupidity doesn't cost anything

6 games is interesting, what is the official word as to why only 6 games? I doubt this one goes away quietly

Well I this case stupidity likely cost Fred Davis well over $1M ........At best now he will get the good old minimum with incentives and nothing upfront (so there probably at least $250K gone right there and probably more) plus 6 game cheques if he makes a 53. Likely it's cost him a job with anyone next year.

Dude needs to go to rehab.

I've got to say that from a pure talent perspective, Davis really is one of the biggest busts in the last 20 years.

#1, by an extraordinarily large margin without any comparison is that dufus Lavar Arrington, who had HOF type physical talent, and and the intelligence of a gnat with a learning disability. 

But #2 might really be Davis.  He had the opportunity to really be a world class TE, got every opportunity to prove it over and over, and just couldn't stay on the straight and narrow.  From oversleeping on day 1 to the drug suspension to getting hurt, to falling asleep in meetings, the only shame is that Shanahan re-signed him last year and gave him 1 more opportunity.  Granted, they didn't know about Jordan Reed at the time, and they needed some stability at TE.

Dude got chance after chance, and for one reason or another, blew them all.

Good luck Fred.  Enjoy a year off (nobody's going to sign him with a 6 game suspension).  

Dude needs to go to rehab.

I've got to say that from a pure talent perspective, Davis really is one of the biggest busts in the last 20 years.

#1, by an extraordinarily large margin without any comparison is that dufus Lavar Arrington, who had HOF type physical talent, and and the intelligence of a gnat with a learning disability. 

But #2 might really be Davis.  He had the opportunity to really be a world class TE, got every opportunity to prove it over and over, and just couldn't stay on the straight and narrow.  From oversleeping on day 1 to the drug suspension to getting hurt, to falling asleep in meetings, the only shame is that Shanahan re-signed him last year and gave him 1 more opportunity.  Granted, they didn't know about Jordan Reed at the time, and they needed some stability at TE.

Dude got chance after chance, and for one reason or another, blew them all.

Good luck Fred.  Enjoy a year off (nobody's going to sign him with a 6 game suspension).  

While I agree with you on most points, the biggest bust (and it will be the 20th anniversary this year) is Heath Scheuler.  Still chaps my but.   :)

Archived