Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaCanfora: Fred Davis 6 Game Suspension

Rocket442Olds

I just don't think there are any moral or health reasons against marijuana and that makes it an unjust law that was legislated out of corporate interest.   I think the controlled substances act of 1978 is far reaching and has potential for abuse from the government. 

Thats a highly debatable position - and the proper place for that debate would be in the Tailgate not here in the Stadium. The CBA is what it is and if you smoke weed (which I'm sure many NFL platers do) and are stupid enough to get caught during testing (which very few NFL players are) then you enter the substance abuse programme.

That programme is a sliding scale. If you continue to be stupid enough to continue to use and get caught then eventually you get banned and it starts costing you money and potentially your career. 

• 2 months later...

Yikes. This guy doesn't get it. I have the sad feeling that he will be one of those nfl millionaires who'll be broke in twenty years.

I give the guy 2 years and he will be broke. He has the talent to play anywhere, but after failing another drug test in just 2 season, I don't think any team is going to tolerate him. His career could be finished.

I am not sure what happened at UCS other than what was reported. I would tend to give him a pass on the Reggie Bush thing. You can't watch every move of every player. There certainly was a lot of talk that many players were juicing, but again I don't have any data to say yes or no. So he gets a pass.

At least until you see this:

From 1989 when they started testing for PEDs to 2009, Seattle had 1 player test positive and that was in 1989, the first year. That's 1 in 21 seasons!

Since 2010 (When Pete Carroll came to Seattle) - Here are the Seattle players suspended:

Lendell White - PEDs

Leroy Hill - felony Drug Possession

John Moffit - PEDs

Allen Barbre - PEDs

Winston Guy - PEDs

Brandon Browner - PEDs

Bruce Irvin - PEDs

Walter Thurmond - PEDs

Browner again - PEDs

That's 1 in 21 seasons and 8 in 4 seasons (Browner twice!). It's really 9 as Sherman got off on a technicality, but we will stick with 8. Are you going to say that's just coincidence?

Good info.  Do you have numbers from the rest of the league from 1989 to 2009 and from 2010 to now?  Just curious if the league is better at detecting PED's now.

Archived