Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LaCanfora: Fred Davis 6 Game Suspension

Rocket442Olds

Shanny did get a few things right. Benching Davis and drafting and starting Reed was one of them.

Too bad Shanahan also resigned him the last two years and got very little in the way of production. 5.5M in 2012 and 2.5M in 2013. Not great use of cap space by a man who claimed that the salry cap problems were the cause of his coaching failures. 

I don't thiink that there has been a player (maybe TO) that has been able to sabotage his career so quickly. I agree. Guy doesn't have the mindset, at least now, to be an NFL caliber player. So sad.

Hopefully Reed is healthy. I see a FA TE signing or a draft pick on a TE in our future.

Reading more whining (mainly, with a few actual decent posts) about the seahawks in ATN, I just had the sour thought "Fred's even too stupid to have at least been violating the rules by also taking something that would enhance his performance..."  :angry:  :(

Have we officially replaced "I blame Brunnel!!" (you newer ES'ers missed that great site meme) with "I blame Shanahan!!"?  :lol:

just so dumb.  fred: dont smoke weed.  is it seriously that amazing that you risk your career over it?  get drunk, bang as many chicks as you can, spend your money on pink fur coats, race lamborghinis on the dulles toll road, indulge in ways that are NFL acceptable.  what a dope.

My coworker had to come over and nudge me because your post sent me into a day dreaming state ...  :lol:

It's all egg noodles and ketchup from here on out.  He's  an average nobody... he's going to get to live the rest of his life like a schnook.

Is anyone really surprised? This guy's entire tenure with the team has been filled with disappointment, laziness, and stupidity. This finally closes the chapter on the Redskins' worst draft class. From this point on, 2008 shall not be mentioned on this board ever again. It should simply be referred to as "the year that shall not be named."

Too bad Shanahan also resigned him the last two years and got very little in the way of production. 5.5M in 2012 and 2.5M in 2013. Not great use of cap space by a man who claimed that the salry cap problems were the cause of his coaching failures. 

I get the I hate Shanny thing, he is not on my Chrstmas list either. But c'mon. When he signed Davis before 2012, before the suspension in 2011 he was one of the most productive players on the team. He was named offensive player of the year even missing 4 games!!! So we franchised him. Then he comes out in 2012 and plays decent as he started to get back into things, even allowing us to release Cooley and being named the starter. Then he got injured.  So we sign him for a very reasonable $2.5M but draft Jordan as insurance - Something many people trashed shanny for doing I might add.

Shanny has done enough silly things to trash him for, no need to exaggerate.

Archived