Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Gary Johnson is incomprehensible.  I was watching MSNBC live when he was asked the foreign leader question.  His answer was, "The guy from Mexico" (or something like that) and then Weld had to say "Fox".  No one asked anything to Weld, Weld just sat there like a comfort blanket or something...

Libertarians make some very good points about an ideal government that we'll never have.  If they (or other third parties) want to get traction, they need to win House races -- Gary Johnson and Jill Stein should run for the House and try to build coalitions, and build a bench there.... or should I just assume their parties don't have money for that?

Our political system is one big cluster...

5 hours ago, Destino said:

Trump is unqualified for so many reasons... but I'm done with this "Trump said a mean things to this person once" bull****.  Real estate, financial services, and TV/Movie industries do not cater to feelings or friendly words.  There are cultural difference between professions that I really want to believe most of us are at least aware of... and frankly I don't see the Presidency as a job for nice people.  It's a job for great liars with excellent judgment willing to cause tremendous devastation and death if its the best choice for the country.  The kind of people that can order missile strikes just before a troop of school children brought in for a photo op and still smile convincingly.  

I don't care if Trump said mean things.  I don't care if Hillary said mean things. 

This is about 70% bull****. The Presidency is also a job for someone who has thought about the welfare of people other than themselves for more than five minutes of their lives. Which is one more reason that Donad Trump is utterly unqualified for the job.

33 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

^^^ Said and asked the same thing a month or so ago. I don't really remember any good explanations on why they try to put all their eggs in the presidency basket instead of starting small at the state level and building it up from there.

He was a governor....

(I have no idea what the reviews of him in that role are, just saying, he did start at the state level)

3 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

He was the governor as a Republican. Same with Weld. And we're talking about the Libertarian and Green parties, not just them

Oh...

5, 5, 4 - those are the hours of sleep i got the first three days of the week and i'm still working and it's 11 pm.

sorry, brain not working right.

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

This is about 70% bull****. The Presidency is also a job for someone who has thought about the welfare of people other than themselves for more than five minutes of their lives. Which is one more reason that Donad Trump is utterly unqualified for the job.

Other than the first sentence, I don't disagree with any of that.  The President shouldn't be cartoonishly evil.  They've got to benefit the country and its people, otherwise what's the point?  Donald Trump is entirely unqualified.  

3 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

^^^ Said and asked the same thing a month or so ago. I don't really remember any good explanations on why they try to put all their eggs in the presidency basket instead of starting small at the state level and building it up from there.

I think alot of papers publish a copy of the actual ballot.  So everyone, let's do that this year. Post your local ballot if you can.  I see third party options for some other positions.  I don't think third parties have the financial resources to outshine a the 2 major party candidates.  The third party person either has to be someone rich or a celebrity.

You really only here about third parties at the Presidential level but they do run at lower levels,

I do firmly there is room for a third force in American politics.  The Dems and Repubs don't represent the majority of Americans.

You think the GOP will get it it's act together in 2020?  No they won't.  2018 will see more right wing idiots coming into office.  The battle between the right wing-tea partiers-social conservatives and the establishment will rage on.  They will be joined with the nativist/populist segment now.   Unless Trump runs again you will see shade of 2012 again. Every GOP candidate trying to be hard right.  The difference in 2020, is that the harder right candidate will probably win. Jeb Bush, John Kasich type candidates don't have a shot in the GOP of 2020.  They may have a shot if they run as an independent but could they raise the required amount of money?  Unless Hillary is a complete failure as President; it's going to be hard to knock her out. 2024 might be when the GOP or whatever second party there is;have a chance.  The GOP needs to nominate a right-winger-tea party-social conservative and then get blown out.  Only then will those groups grip on the GOP be discredited.

Interesting to see we have a full fledge Trumpster posting.

Gary & Bill did have have one thing right; a credible third party run has to be made with former GOPers or Dems.

Gary though is too loony and Libertarianism in it's pure form is too outside the mainstream.

Assuming Hillary is the nominee in 2020; she is going to be tough to beat if her presidency is like Obama;s has been the last 4 years.  That's the best you are going get under a Hillary presidency is more of the last 4 years; since the GOP will control at least the House.  Hillary might not be the nominee in 2020 because the progressive left is going to be very disappointed with her presidency and will run someone to her left.

I see an opening for a fiscally conservative and socialally moderate third option in 2020. Someone to the middle of where the DEMS heart lies and the crazy GOP.

The more I think about it, the GOP would've been better off if Trump ran third party this year.  One, he probably wouldn't have done it; because he would've have to spend his own money.  There might have been a stronger chance of someone acceptable beating Cruz and beating Hillary,Trump in a three way fall race.

I hope Hillary is way ahead in Fl polls, cause good lord have mercy Im sick of all the tv adds.. She's got to be out tv adding Trump 5:1.. Can't even watch the NFLNet w/o being flooded with them every commercial break. Forget about NBC or CBS.. Can.not.wait till this is over!!

43 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I have a sense that Machado was thrown out there by Clinton in part because her camp realized that Trump has a penchant for punching down and is easily distracted from issues he should be focusing on.

Does Trump have an issue that he should be focusing on?  :)

22 minutes ago, Larry said:

Does Trump have an issue that he should be focusing on?  :)

Theoretically he should be focusing on the economy and trade, but honestly I think he should be spending every spare minute trying to learn something about policy and how decent people comport themselves in preparation for the second debate.

18 minutes ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

Theoretically he should be focusing on the economy and trade, but honestly I think he should be spending every spare minute trying to learn something about policy and how decent people comport themselves in preparation for the second debate.

The funny thing is that he set such a low bar with the first debate that he could easily come through the second with a nonsense narrative of "he did so much better, look he actually tried", to the point where it would overwhelm the face that his ideas are still some combination of bad/incomplete/unknown

But he wont put in the time/effort required to do that

This selection has, sadly, been winnable for him. He's just not smart enough to understand that and act accordingly.

The GOP, likewise, screwed up because odds are Hillary's run for a second term will be significantly more difficult (for the GOP) than this run for a first term. They basically missed their chance at the whitehouse for the next 8 years...

10 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Gary Johnson is incomprehensible.  I was watching MSNBC live when he was asked the foreign leader question.  His answer was, "The guy from Mexico" (or something like that) and then Weld had to say "Fox".  No one asked anything to Weld, Weld just sat there like a comfort blanket or something...

Libertarians make some very good points about an ideal government that we'll never have.  If they (or other third parties) want to get traction, they need to win House races -- Gary Johnson and Jill Stein should run for the House and try to build coalitions, and build a bench there.... or should I just assume their parties don't have money for that?

Our political system is one big cluster...

I've been telling you guys for years that Johnson has a below average intelligence. Many of you thought I was just throwing insults instead of trying to impart information. I wasn't - he actually has below average intelligence. I lived in New Mexico when he was Governor he had a hard time then managing policy, messaging etc.  I'll try to see if I can dig up the IQ test again been a few years.

Archived