Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Why?

I'd like to know this as well - especially as someone who already has his university degree and is privileged enough to have zero debt because of it.

It's like...is it weird that I want to pay more taxes? Like, I don't make a lot of money. I'm barely getting by right now (though hopefully, that's changing soon) but seriously...if it means better schools, better roads, and better opportunities for people coming after me, please:

acb.jpg

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Why?

How is it going to be paid for?  There are many programs, grants, etc which assist people with getting to college.  Want to help students get to college, reduce the costs of tuition by taking away government grants to universities and force them to compete with other universities to attract students, improve the current education system in High School and allow students (who want to excel) the opportunity to go to the school where they will get a better high school education and allow them to compete for scholarships, grants, etc.  Universities get large stipends from the US Government already which is used for higher salaries for professors, larger stadiums, which have to be paid for.  To pay for it, they raise the cost of tuition.  When they raise the cost of tuition, it makes it harder to afford.  This is why many parents are sending their children to Community Colleges the first couple of years which saves them multiple thousands of dollars.

Then, once it becomes free, someone still has to pay for it.  You could take ALL of the money from ALL of the top 1%, guess what, it still doesn't cover the cost.  Again, who pays for it?

1 minute ago, Riggo-toni said:

. Thanks Reagan for your ****ty tax policies that have made this problem 100x worse. 

What do Reagan's tax policies have to do with reduced manufacturing jobs? You need to go back and re-read what I wrote because this entire exchange was quite pointless. I was referring to the middle class getting squeezed. There are a lot of reasons for that. One is a reduction in manufacturing jobs. Another is ****ty trickle down economics.

How is Benghazi "nonsense"? Please explain to me how it is nonsense to have 4 Americans killed at an Embassy when they repeatedly asked for additional security?  Then, to cover it up, try to push a video for the blame of it?  You don't think the video narrative was pushed to protect President Obama from embarrassment and a possible loss of election?  You will believe a proven liar over 4 families of fallen Americans?  You are right, I do live in a different reality as you do.  In my reality, honesty, integrity, self less service and values mean something.  In your reality, none of those apply because it doesn't make you feel good.

12 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

How is it going to be paid for?  There are many programs, grants, etc which assist people with getting to college.  Want to help students get to college, reduce the costs of tuition by taking away government grants to universities and force them to compete with other universities to attract students, improve the current education system in High School and allow students (who want to excel) the opportunity to go to the school where they will get a better high school education and allow them to compete for scholarships, grants, etc.  Universities get large stipends from the US Government already which is used for higher salaries for professors, larger stadiums, which have to be paid for.  To pay for it, they raise the cost of tuition.  When they raise the cost of tuition, it makes it harder to afford.  This is why many parents are sending their children to Community Colleges the first couple of years which saves them multiple thousands of dollars.

Then, once it becomes free, someone still has to pay for it.  You could take ALL of the money from ALL of the top 1%, guess what, it still doesn't cover the cost.  Again, who pays for it?

I do. We do. The preamble of the Constitution calls for us to "promote the general welfare" and as far as I'm concerned, that means ensuring no one - not a single soul in this coutnry - goes without the things they need to live a fulfilling life. Among those things are food, water, shelter, health care, and, yes, an education - rooted in the humanities and the STEM fields (as well as vocational education programs).

So yes, we all do - all tax payers have a responsibility to each other and those who can't pay taxes because they cannot - or should not - work (i.e. children & youths, the elderly, handicapped persons unable to work). Now, mind you, the state's obligation is to use that money to "promote the general welfare" and that's where we often fall into trouble.

I'll say it again: raise my taxes. Let me pay more so I can do more. It's not like I can afford to save right now, anyway. Might as well invest it in something that matters like infrastructure and education.

1 minute ago, Rskins06 said:

In my reality, honesty, integrity, self less service and values mean something.  

Which is why I'm voting for Donald Trump, who cheats small businesses, doesn't pay taxes, cheats on his wives, and runs a charity that he doesn't donate to that seems to be used primarily to pay his own legal settlements.

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

If term limits are good for the President, they are good for Congress and the Supreme Court.

I don't agree.  The purpose of a term limit on a president is to avoid the potential for a slide into cult of personality and dictatorship.

Putting term limits on congress doesn't serve that purpose.  If our experience in California is any indication, term limits mostly means that you get an endless succession of noobs coming in trying to write laws without understanding how to do it, and being led around by their nose by lobbyists who DO understand.

The Supreme Court gets lifetime appointments because they are supposed to be above politics.  

1 minute ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Which is why I'm voting for Donald Trump, who cheats small businesses, doesn't pay taxes, cheats on his wives, and runs a charity that he doesn't donate to that seems to be used primarily to pay his own legal settlements.

Really?  What is amazing is how much HAS NOT BEEN PROVEN about those things with Donald.  The Democratic Party has spent MILLIONS of dollars trying to find out ALL the bad things Donald Trump has done.  And what they have is "he cheats small business", he has cheated on his wife and runs a charity that pays his own legal settlements.  Ok, so lets look at the Clintons

1.  Clinton Foundation- which takes money from foreign countries and in exchange was given access to the Secretary of State.  Russia was allowed to purchase uranium (through the Secretary of State), then afterward rewarded the Clinton foundation with almost 3 million dollars in donations.  I could reference others, however, the list is long.  Also, a large portion of donations were NOT provided to charities but to benefit themselves and pay for lavish travels or personal expenses.

2.  Yes, Donald Trump has been married 3 times, do you really want to compare that with the Clintons history in treating and disrespecting women.  Should we talk about the women Bill Clinton raped, groped, slept with, etc, then, when they spoke up where quieted by Hillary Clinton.  Who stated that EVERY woman who has been abused or raped should be believed............EXCEPT for anyone who blames my husband.  A bit hypocritical don't you think?

3.  We could go back to all of the scandals in the Clintons history if you would like. 

Neither candidate is without serious flaws.  I acknowledge Donald Trump has flaws and is not without issues, can you say the same about Hillary?

Yes, the Supreme Court is SUPPOSED to be above politics, however, that is NOT the case currently.

35 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

By us. Through taxation. That might mean stopping funding or reducing funding for some other things Gvt does - and I'm all for that (biggest areas of spend are  social security, medicare and defense - some cuts and efficiencies in these areas are probably needed).

It may not be possible to make College education totally free (or at least all College education) - but I believe that funding education is an investment in the future of the nation. The jobs of the future and economic growth depend on a highly educated workforce. You want economic growth and wealth creation? It requires education. Thats something Government should be involved in and concerned about. They should also be concerned about rising tuition costs as well.

The other economic argument for reducing or eliminating student debt is the impact that having people leave full time education with 10's of thousands of dollars of debt has on their capacity to spend/consume. That has an impact on domestic demand - two thirds of GDP is consumption and people with student debt have less spending power and less inclination to spend. 

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/06/15/the-high-economic-and-social-costs-of-student-loan-debt.html

12 minutes ago, Rskins06 said:

How is Benghazi "nonsense"? Please explain to me how it is nonsense to have 4 Americans killed at an Embassy when they repeatedly asked for additional security?  Then, to cover it up, try to push a video for the blame of it?  You don't think the video narrative was pushed to protect President Obama from embarrassment and a possible loss of election?  You will believe a proven liar over 4 families of fallen Americans?  You are right, I do live in a different reality as you do.  In my reality, honesty, integrity, self less service and values mean something.  In your reality, none of those apply because it doesn't make you feel good.

What happened at Benghazi was a tragedy.  The rest of your nonsense is pure unadulterated right-wing media made up bullcrap and innuendo and speculation, and you fell for it hook, line and sinker.   It doesn't become true just because Fox and Breitbart pushed it and you want to believe it.

And sorry, bud, but you don't have a monopoly on honesty, integrity or values.  I do NOT disrespect the families of 4 fallen Americans by recognizing how shamelessly this tragedy has been manipulated by the right wing political/media machine.

It's sad that you are so gullible, but it is a waste of time even talking with you about this.  

19 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Should we even start listing Hillarys flaws? One can't slam someone for voting Trump if they are going to vote Hillary. It's a **** sandwich and a **** sandwich with cheese. 

Id also like to know more about this alternate reality where our guys in Benghazi didn't request more security and then were killed because of a cartoon. Hillary has lied about sooooo many things her entire career, anyone would be a fool to ever trust a word out of her mouth and that has been proven time and time again. A recent example would be she overheats during a ceremony on a nice 70 degree afternoon. Oh there was video of it? Opps we mean she has pneumonia. What lies will be next? Hillary is a career criminal and a liar and that's the reality everyone should be living in.

Man I cannot wait for the October surprise from Wikileaks. 

Disclaimer: Trump is just as bad.

6 minutes ago, Predicto said:

What happened at Benghazi was a tragedy.  The rest of your nonsense is pure unadulterated right-wing media made up bullcrap and innuendo and speculation, and you fell for it hook, line and sinker.   It doesn't become true just because Fox and Breitbart pushed it and you want to believe it.

And sorry, bud, but you don't have a monopoly on honesty, integrity or values.  I do NOT disrespect the families of 4 fallen Americans by recognizing how shamelessly this tragedy has been manipulated by the right wing political/media machine.

It's sad that you are so gullible, but it is a waste of time even talking with you about this.  

And you think it is false because MSNBC, CNN or the Huffington Post tell you it isn't true?  Or is it because Hillary said so?  Maybe, it is you who are so gullible you will believe ANYTHING which sounds good or comes out of the Liberal Media or MOST (not all) liberal politicians.

Lol people complaining about Hillary lying when it's been proven over and over that Trump lies way more than her every time he talks.

and no I'm not on the left, but I love this country more than my party, so Trump and  racist and neo-nazi followers (the ones who are) and advisors and Russian manipulators can go to hell.

Just now, visionary said:

Lol people complaining about Hillary lying when it's been proven over and over that Trump lies way more than her every time he talks.

lol at people back and forth over lies and corruption... a.k.a. politics. On both sides

The real question should be, is this really the best Americans could come up with for candidates??? Shame on us.

I don't think ANYONE has stated Trump is 100% honest.  Both candidates lie, just one, does it on a national stage, to FBI investigators, families of fallen Americans, emails, classified information on private servers, etc.  Hillary is definitely more proficient at it, but Donald does tell some lies.

Archived