Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 16: Donald Trumps wins Presidency. God Help us all!

88Comrade2000

Somewhere between respecting the property of others and needing a convenient way to identify the fools in our society, lies the idea I subscribe to that Trump signs should be left alone (but duly noted).

I mean, in the absence of a national registry of firearms, what other convenient method exists for figuring out whose home we evil liberals need to raid to take guns from?

How will we know who to round up to put into abandoned WalMarts during the next Jade Helm!?

I think we don't understand how wealthy people deal with their devices.  In my mind, Hillary proabaly kept upgrading to the latest device because she could.  Seems like she also switch mobile carriers and a private email server is better than hrc@verizon.net.  

GOP should also try to get Colin Powells AOL emails.  Isn't SecOfState@aol.com worse than Clintons private email server under her control?

Bottom line is that policy and email better be clear and consistent and followed NOW.  

twa,
Yes - because State Dept felt that "getting work done" was more important than "following policy".  The issue is that policy should've aligned with "getting the work done" -- in some cases it is not that easy, especially when your job is to travel across the globe.  Clinton's Department was focused on  enabling her to do work rather than "hold work up and fix policy" - please note the previous Secretary of State (who was less reliant on e-mail) and his solution of "let me hook up my AOL computer a couple steps away from my office". 

What I really came here to post is that Trump himself is the wedge issue.  It is funny, because the GOP voters don't really care about advancing GOP policy, or policy makers -- what they really cared about in the primaries was "winning" and they went with the guy who would promise them "so much winning".  The tweet-storm on Machado is just going to open up another 5-10 minutes on the debate to focus on Trump.  Just like the business dealings with Cuba.  And the debate didn't even talk about his "I'm going to build a wall, and it will be beautiful" and Clinton can talk about how Trump hired illegal immigrants to work on his real estate projects.  So now Trump has created 30 minutes of focus on him (negative) for the debate - especially with his advisers denying the business dealings and Newsweek posting out documents. 

3 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

twa,
Yes - because State Dept felt that "getting work done" was more important than "following policy".  The issue is that policy should've aligned with "getting the work done" -- in some cases it is not that easy, especially when your job is to travel across the globe.  Clinton's Department was focused on  enabling her to do work rather than "hold work up and fix policy" - please note the previous Secretary of State (who was less reliant on e-mail) and his solution of "let me hook up my AOL computer a couple steps away from my office". 

this is dangerous logic

i see it all the time in terms of network/data/system security.

it's dangerous and common. it's very frustrating.

Well worth a read. This is pretty cool and I would actively participate in something like this. Wouldn't have a tough time getting 5 million people to join this.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/updates/2016/09/30/hillary-clinton-announces-new-national-service-reserve-a-new-way-for-young-americans-to-come-together-and-serve-their-communities/

Hillary Clinton Announces New National Service Reserve, A New Way for Young Americans to Come Together and Serve Their Communities

Just now, Fergasun said:

What I really came here to post is that Trump himself is the wedge issue.  It is funny, because the GOP voters don't really care about advancing GOP policy, or policy makers -- what they really cared about in the primaries was "winning" and they went with the guy who would promise them "so much winning".  The tweet-storm on Machado is just going to open up another 5-10 minutes on the debate to focus on Trump.  Just like the business dealings with Cuba.  And the debate didn't even talk about his "I'm going to build a wall, and it will be beautiful" and Clinton can talk about how Trump hired illegal immigrants to work on his real estate projects.  So now Trump has created 30 minutes of focus on him (negative) for the debate - especially with his advisers denying the business dealings and Newsweek posting out documents. 

It doesn't matter to 40% of the voters. Nothing he has done is worse than what Hillary has done. They are really pushing the Hillary was mean to women that slept with Bill while ignoring the fact that Trump cheated on his wives and has been married three times and treats women like garbage. Trump could openly sell secrets to the Russians, on TV for all to witness, and they won't care and Trump would deny it.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

Well worth a read. This is pretty cool and I would actively participate in something like this. Wouldn't have a tough time getting 5 million people to join this.

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/briefing/updates/2016/09/30/hillary-clinton-announces-new-national-service-reserve-a-new-way-for-young-americans-to-come-together-and-serve-their-communities/

It's a Democrat plot to teach young people empathy so they won't ever vote for Republicans again.

1 minute ago, DogofWar1 said:

What time today should we expect Conway to be canned?  She basically tacitly admitted Trump was a woman abuser, patience has to be wearing thin.

When did Conway tacitly admit that? She has signed her deal with the devil so I don't feel bad for her at all.

8 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

It is funny, because the GOP voters don't really care about advancing GOP policy, or policy makers -- what they really cared about in the primaries was "winning" and they went with the guy who would promise them "so much winning".

When you look at the total potential audience of the GOP primary, and compare it to what wound up being the actual audience that showed up at the polls (and how that broke down among the candidates), I'm curious how much of it is GOP platform related.

What I'm trying to say is:

How many people started out interested in what the GOP primary would have to offer, but wound up not voting in the GOP primary when they had the chance because of some combination of:

The trump factor, the party is still against gay marriage, still fighting aca (with nothing substantive as an alternative), still entirely made up of neo-con/hawkish foreign policy, still thumping the cut taxes for the rich/job creators rhetoric, still anti-global warming, and whatever else I'm leaving off the list of things that makes the GOP appear to be catering to dumb.

And how much that allowed Trump to run away with it, or how it skewed the numbers of people that actually voted so that it was overwhelming made up of people that Trump appeals to.

Because I'm one of them. By the time the VA primary came around I opted to vote in the democratic primary for the first time in my life. I would have happily voted for a moderate republican that bucked the bad GOP rhetoric machine.

That doesn't mean I don't care about GOP policy. It just means they gave me such amazingly crappy options, I went with the only one I thought was actually worth my vote (despite disagreeing with that person on many political issues)

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

When did Conway tacitly admit that? She has signed her deal with the devil so I don't feel bad for her at all.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2016/09/trump-campaign-manager-slips-refers-to-his-abuse-of-women.html

She was trying to make the ridiculous argument that Trump deserved credit for being so reserved on attacking Bill, when she stumbled all over herself and let it slip.

Archived