Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

When we started it, I thought I would be lucky to finish episode one. Then it takes off and I was shocked at how compelling it was. Who knew that redneck zookeeping was such a cutthroat industry!

i have episode 7 in the background.  the characters are wacky and it was interesting to hear about these characters but everything else has been boring to me. 

18 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

i have episode 7 in the background.  the characters are wacky and it was interesting to hear about these characters but everything else has been boring to me. 

Hmmm well I guess I understand. I don't care for any of the characters...they are all jacked up in some ways. I just thought it was crazy going from "here's this weirdo big cat guy" to all the craziness that ensued. 

13 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Hmmm well I guess I understand. I don't care for any of the characters...they are all jacked up in some ways. I just thought it was crazy going from "here's this weirdo big cat guy" to all the craziness that ensued. 

i guess i was waiting for some visual evidence vs hearsay 

I watched Tiger King.  At first, I kind of judged myself for watching the Jerry Springer type personalities involved.  But I have to say, as an overall docuseries, I have never seen a show that has as much footage for events that went on over several years.  They seemed to have actual footage of so many extreme events, when a lot of documentaries just do a voice over with recreated events.  I really cringe at the behavior of the people, but the overall story was interesting to me.

As for Ozark, I thought season three was outstanding.  I hope there is not such a huge break before the next season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nerm said:

I watched Tiger King.  At first, I kind of judged myself for watching the Jerry Springer type personalities involved.  But I have to say, as an overall docuseries, I have never seen a show that has as much footage for events that went on over several years.  They seemed to have actual footage of so many extreme events, when a lot of documentaries just do a voice over with recreated events.  I really cringe at the behavior of the people, but the overall story was interesting to me.

I noticed that too. I don't know how far back they were filming, but it seemed like quite a long time. there was also footage which looked like cell phone footage, from times like when he the dude (cant recall who it was) and realized he no longer owned his tv show. a week before the fire. I finished the show last night and I really liked it. 

I wonder, when it comes to these pseudo documentary type shows, if we are getting the whole story. these shows are made to elicit an emotional response to keep you engaged. when making a murderer was on, there was outrage- some of it justified, no doubt, but much of it not. purposely leaving out exculpatory evidence makes it seem like there was this huge injustice. same with 'when they see us'. you will be convinced of someones guilt or innocence based on a completely manufactured, selective, one sided view of events. its essentially rage bait. 

when it came out that Michael Moore staged the scene in bowling for columbine where he comes out of the bank with the rifle, I felt like I was being manipulated and lied to (because I was). that drives me nuts. I don't mind being told a story, but i'd like to know all of the facts. in Moores case, hell, in steven averys case and the central park 5 case, there are legitimate discussions that can be had. but its counter productive to twist facts and obfuscate the truth. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They could get away with a lot on the original FX. Just no titties/f-bombs. I remember seeing some eye opening stuff, like the Nip/Tuck threesome, and Patricia Velasquezes bare ass on Rescue Me

My limited understanding is that it's self censorship. Most non-premium cable channels self censor to avoid losing ad sponsors, viewers, and/or to avoid be added to platinum level tiers. The only true nudity prohibition is on broadcast tv channels and even that was relaxed almost 30 years ago with NYPD Blue.

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

Season 3 of The Sopranos is wild as ****. I wasn't a big fan of the first two seasons, but damn...now I can see why so many people like this show.

By the way, Jamie Lynn Sigler is smoking hot.

Edited by abdcskins
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Well damn, i cursed another one.

Speaking of which...

https://www.gamesradar.com/the-last-of-us-hbo-series-release-date-cast-trailer/

Looks like Geralt of Rivia got some stiff competition now.

*Also, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for The Walking Dead. Always felt that TLOU would've been better as a movie/show than a game

Edited by Mr. Sinister

2 hours ago, purbeast said:

Finished Tiger King yesterday.  It was interesting but didn't live up to all the hype it's getting.  The criminal stuff was the most interesting part of it all to me.

Foreal with all the memes I had to watch it. I was entertained but also thought it was a bit overrated 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2020 at 11:46 PM, abdcskins said:

Season 3 of The Sopranos is wild as ****. I wasn't a big fan of the first two seasons, but damn...now I can see why so many people like this show.

By the way, Jamie Lynn Sigler is smoking hot.

A warning - Season 4 SUCKS BALLS. Don't even bother, just skip to 5.

The odd number seasons 1 3 5 are great; 2 is boring, 4 is putrid, and 6 (1/2 a season) spends wayyyyyy too much time on gay romance.