Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Explain yourself.  She's certainly no Skyler White.

Skyler White is 100x better than her. Skyler acts like a regular person would who discovers her husband is running a drug syndicate and putting all their lives in danger. 

Wendy is 1) cheating on Marty before we even get heavy into the crime stuff. Then we learn that she was involved in the decision to launder money from the very beginning so she doesn't even have that to push her into the arms of another man like Skyler did. 

2) She is a poor communicator. she doesn't tell Marty anything she does or why. She constantly makes things harder for everyone with her freelancing thinking she's a political dealmaker and all it does is **** things up.

3) She's so ****ing smug and arrogant. Marty carries himself like someone that hates the situation they are in and wants out. She carries herself like she loves it (even says as much) and is so insane she thinks she's friends with the cartel and it's leader Navarro. Who does she think she is? 

4) I hate her face. She always walks around with that smug condescending raised eyebrow smile. 

5) She doesn't make good decisions. ever

6) She's evil. She broke into and then poisoned the family that bought their chicago house for no reason at all. She killed her brother. She kills other people. She's a psycho. 

Skyler was a regular, normal, and realized person that people hated because she went against Walter whom everyone loved. 

Wendy is an evil **** from hell. 

Good actress. But her character sucks and needs to die yesterday. And not in a Gemma Teller secretly a villain all along type thing. She sucks and needs to die because it is hard to watch the trainwreck that is Wendy Byrde, her incompetence that is only matched by her arrogance

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

44 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Skyler White is 100x better than her. Skyler acts like a regular person would who discovers her husband is running a drug syndicate and putting all their lives in danger. 

Wendy is 1) cheating on Marty before we even get heavy into the crime stuff. Then we learn that she was involved in the decision to launder money from the very beginning so she doesn't even have that to push her into the arms of another man like Skyler did. 

2) She is a poor communicator. she doesn't tell Marty anything she does or why. She constantly makes things harder for everyone with her freelancing thinking she's a political dealmaker and all it does is **** things up.

3) She's so ****ing smug and arrogant. Marty carries himself like someone that hates the situation they are in and wants out. She carries herself like she loves it (even says as much) and is so insane she thinks she's friends with the cartel and it's leader Navarro. Who does she think she is? 

4) I hate her face. She always walks around with that smug condescending raised eyebrow smile. 

5) She doesn't make good decisions. ever

6) She's evil. She broke into and then poisoned the family that bought their chicago house for no reason at all. She killed her brother. She kills other people. She's a psycho. 

Skyler was a regular, normal, and realized person that people hated because she went against Walter whom everyone loved. 

Wendy is an evil **** from hell. 

Good actress. But her character sucks and needs to die yesterday. And not in a Gemma Teller secretly a villain all along type thing. She sucks and needs to die because it is hard to watch the trainwreck that is Wendy Byrde, her incompetence that is only matched by her arrogance

She's a poor communicator but Marty isn't the best, either.  Lack of communication is their downfall.  Or what keeps them in slippery situations.

She is smug and arrogant, but Marty is a little arrogant in his own way.  

Skyler White didn't act like a regular person.  Skyler white acted mortified and then realized how much Walt was making and decided to go all in.  And then when she realized there was bloodshed nearby (get it together, your husband is a high ranking cartel member, of course there's going to be death around), she acted all mortified again and did that bull**** where she walked into the pool in a catatonic state during dinner.  That's not acting like a normal person.  She only went against Walter when she realized things could get dangerous.

At least Wendy is all in and not ****ing around and in some ways harder than Marty.  Not that one foot in, one foot out **** that Skyler was doing.  If I'm going into battle and have to choose one or the other, give me Wendy all day every day...you know, the one who doesn't back down when **** gets real.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

At least Wendy is all in and not ****ing around and in some ways harder than Marty.  Not that one foot in, one foot out **** that Skyler was doing.  If I'm going into battle and have to choose one or the other, give me Wendy all day every day...you know, the one who doesn't back down when **** gets real.

skyler had months of lies and deceit sprung on her in the middle of her husbands cancer and reacted normally. She came around and tried to be supportive since she trusted her husband when he said it was under control and tried to help him with the car wash. When she saw this was something far beyond what she ever thought possible and how truly dangerous it was, she backed out. 

I’d trust skyler more because she acts more human not like a maniacal psychopath. Wendy would kill Marty in an instant to better herself and she almost has several times over with her behind the back deals and undermining him essentially twice for every step he takes. You can’t go to war with someone like that because you can’t trust them. She’s a loveless, self absorbed power hungry maniac that has made their situation infinitely worse countless times. He’s trying to keep them safe. She’s trying to keep them/her in power and doesn’t care who she kills or what lives she ruins in the process. There is a huge difference 

marty killed one person in self defense and it basically sent him into a depression. 

Wendy has killed 1 bad guy she didn’t have to kill, her own brother she didn’t have to kill, poisoned an innocent and unconnected family for no reason (unless it expands on this in future seasons) , somebody else I can’t remember now, and showed little remorse for any of it. Ok, she got drunk and cried For a day after killing her brother. Then it’s business as usual with her scheming evil ass. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Outlander is starting to heat up. Thank goodness, **** was boring me to death.

"I love you you, Jamie!"

"Aye, my heart is yours Sassonak"

[Eleventy billionth romantic sex scene]

What episode are you on?  I think I got to season 3 episode 1-2 before my starz subscription on Amazon ran out.  Been wanting to catch up some time on netflix, but haven't had a chance/or overwhelming interest to get back into it lately.  I was kind of bored/annoyed with Claire's storyline at that point I think.

Edited by visionary

Season 2, ep 5.

Episode after they organize the big feast, trying to dissuade the ****head guy from organizing the rebellion to take back the English throne, but Claire and the girl get jumped and they make it there too late, and the girl goes into shock after the muggers rape her, causing the Dukes guard boy to restrain her (but it looks like rape, so a melee ensues).

I'm more for the insidious plotting, and cold blooded murder/evil. But for too many episodes, they went hard at the Hallmark channel romance, and it just got to be too much. Honestly I think this show is better suited to married couples, rather than a 31 year old single guy

9 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wendy is

evil. She broke into and then poisoned the family that bought their chicago house for no reason at all. She killed her brother. She kills other people. She's a psycho. 

5 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Wendy has... poisoned an innocent and unconnected family for no reason (unless it expands on this in future seasons) ,

Without getting into the debate about Wendy's motivations...

She did NOT poison the family living in their old house.  She only pranked them by putting food coloring in their milk.  That bizarre scene was a callback to something she told Marty in the first season...  as a kid, she used to break into peoples' houses just for the thrill. 

" I wouldn't take anything," she said. "I'd have a beer or two, so I guess I did take those... I'd move picture frames around. I'd turn toothbrushes upside down. I'd put blue food coluring in the milk."

So, a little about her motivations...The other people she had killed - Ruth's father and, sadly, her brother, were desperate acts to save her family from deadly retribution from the cartel. So there were motivations for those acts, brutal or cold as they may seem.

Edited by Dan T.

22 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

So, a little about her motivations...The other people she had killed - Ruth's father and, sadly, her brother, were desperate acts to save her family from deadly retribution from the cartel. So there were motivations for those acts, brutal or cold as they may seem.

Oh ok. I thought that was going somewhere. I don’t remember that from her conversation with Marty about breaking in when she was young. 

still that was only lighted weighted in my opinion cuz I figured I had to be missing something. Still psychotic. she’s the worst and I hate her 

I blew through Ozark and really enjoyed it.  There was one show-running error that bothered me, though:

In the very first episode, cartel guy Del is holding Marty, Bruce, the trucking company people, and Bruce's fiancee at gunpoint as he confronts them over skimming his money after working for him for several years. The tense scene blows up after the fiancee goes to pee and Marty says to Del something like "C'mon, stop with the badass Pablo Escobar act"  whereupon Del cold-bloodedly shoots the fiancee through the bathroom door.  Then Del executes everybody in the room except Marty. So okay, Marty calls out Del for acting badass and learns shockingly that Del is a cold blooded killer.

EXCEPT

We learn later that season he already knew Del's nature ahead of all that.  A few episodes later is a flashback to before episode one, when they first start working for Del.  Del invites the family to his Mexican resort.  Marty and Wendy decide there that, yes, they will do Del's books.  They go to the resort bar to tell Del the good news, and Del, right in front of them, has the throat slit of the guy Marty is replacing, and then has his eyes gouged out and put into a jar. Again, right ****ing in front of Marty and Wendy. So Marty knew from the get-go Del's murderous nature.  Which makes his comment to Del in season one about stop play acting like some badass a show runner's error in my mind.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2

FAUDA on Netflix... best show most have probably never heard of (because it airs in Hebrew).... better version of Tom Ryan (i hate reading subtitles but this show is absolutely worth it. Season 3 just came out)

Also, if you haven't seen Outer Banks yet, do yourself a favor.... it's awesome! Only 1 season so far that just came out. Easy to binge

Edited by SemperFi Skins

14 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Part of my issue with the show. I enjoyed it and it’s really good but it just doesn’t quite get all the way there. Like how long it went on in season 2 about Charlotte wanting to be emancipated and then it’s just dropped. 

Yes.   Was there anything in the narrative about her changing her mind?  If so, I missed it.

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Yes.   Was there anything in the narrative about her changing her mind?  If so, I missed it.

I think I remember some danger she was in that changed her mind... but these seasons are so far apart I can't remember details from one season to the next.

Another vote for Outer Banks. Fun watch that leaves you wanting the next season. 

Waco - The cast alone makes it worth watching. It’s a mini Boardwalk Empire reunion with Ruth from Ozark, Supergirl, John Leguizamo, & Home Alone’s little brother. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 9:39 AM, Dan T. said:

That was the whole reason for the counseling. She agreed to stay if her parents saw a counselor. They mention it briefly, but they do mention it.

BlackAF is a good watch. I definitely recommend it.

Edited by jobaga