Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez is quite possibly the saddest thing I have ever watched. As someone who works with individuals who cannot protect or advocate for themselves, i was moved to equal parts of madness & tears at how every level of the system failed that child.

I'm almost sorry i watched it, but i'll never forget it.

Edited by StillUnknown

Now that it has become clear that I will continue to have a lot of down time for at least the next month, I have decided to watch 24.  It is a show I have never seen, despite it being so popular back in the day.  So far, I have 4 episodes watched, a little more than 200 more to go!

• Like 2

24 gets pretty dumb like around season 5 or 6.  I mean it's entertaining, but at that point it's clear that they are basically making fun of themself and the story lines are just so out there even by 24 standards, that it's kind of laughable. 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, TheDoyler23 said:

"Community" is a great watch on Netflix now (used to be just Hulu) if you need something light after watching crime dramas and Tiger zoos! 

Started watching this. Great show. Had no idea Donald Glover was in this. The entire cast is phenomenal.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Yohan said:

Started watching this. Great show. Had no idea Donald Glover was in this. The entire cast is phenomenal.

It was such a great show. It was always pitted against ratings juggernauts at the time like the Big Bang Theory and American Idol. 

• Like 1

I've been doing a bit of a binge on older shows and the latest is West Wing. Sam Seaborn is my favorite character by far, but Martin Sheen does a great job as the president. I would do anything to see a show where Martin Sheen and Shohreh Aghdashloo from the Expanse are both politicians in the same government. Sheen as the president and Aghdashloo as the VP/enforcer would be the most amazing good cop-bad cop pair in history.

5 hours ago, NickyJ said:

I've been doing a bit of a binge on older shows and the latest is West Wing. Sam Seaborn is my favorite character by far, but Martin Sheen does a great job as the president. I would do anything to see a show where Martin Sheen and Shohreh Aghdashloo from the Expanse are both politicians in the same government. Sheen as the president and Aghdashloo as the VP/enforcer would be the most amazing good cop-bad cop pair in history.

West Wing is fantastic the first four seasons. Drops off a bit after that, season 5 in particular is pretty bad, but the last season with the new campaign it picks up again.

concluding my first ever entire series binge of the office (u.s.)

james spader (usually a treat in anything he does though i haven't watched blacklist) is just pure gold as robert california in season 7/8...genius 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

james spader (usually a treat in anything he does though i haven't watched blacklist) is just pure gold as robert california in season 7/8...genius 

Oh man, you gotta watch Blacklist.  He's fantastic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I know a lot of people don’t like those seasons with Robert California or really anytime after Michael left but I think they are great. Gives the other characters more opportunity to shine and Spader is brilliant in that spot 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

Finished Ozark? Here’s your next addiction. :)  

Its a bit different as it’s actually a series from Spain, but switch it to the English audio track & you’re all set. 

First season is 13 shows. Season 4 just dropped. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jumbo said:

He was great in Wolf too.

Edit:  I love the part where Jack pisses on his shoe, like a wolf marking his territory, and Spader's reaction.  And when Spader wolfs out toward the end of the movie.  He's clearly a student of Stanislavski's system.

Edited by kfrankie
  • Thanks 1