Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

On 4/15/2020 at 10:55 AM, KAOSkins said:

Excellent show all around.  But one small beef with that episode. 

Reveal hidden contents

I live not too far from the border where Jimmy's car was found by Lalo and I can tell you finding a junked car in an arroyo with bullet holes is not proof of anything.  I've shot a few myself.  Finding one that hadn't been shot is rare.  Lalo would've known that.  Fun watching Kim point it out.

She literally explained that when she said "I don't know what it is like down there where you are from in Mexico, but up here..." because he's only been around for a little bit.

Anyways, my one buddy started ZeroZeroZero at 6pm last night and finished it one sitting lol.  And yeah, he thought it was incredible.

Just finished the second episode of ZeroZeroZero.

Spoiler

If all it takes to frame somebody for working for the cartel and clear suspicion on yourself is to go murder that other person in front of a hundred witness and put a sign on him saying he's in the cartel, there's no point in watching any further.  The Cartel has clearly already won because everyone else is ****ing incompetent.

"Hey, umm... if I don't find out who the mole is by tonight, I'm gonna cut you all loose so I don't have a mole."
<The Next Day>
"Oh, hey, conveniently one of you turned up dead with a sign saying they're the mole.  Okay, we're all good.  There's nothing suspicious about that what-so-ever and I now fully trust you all."
<Later that night>
"You have killed me.  y tho?"

:rolleyes:

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Just finished the second episode of ZeroZeroZero.

Hide contents

If all it takes to frame somebody for working for the cartel and clear suspicion on yourself is to go murder that other person in front of a hundred witness and put a sign on him saying he's in the cartel, there's no point in watching any further.  The Cartel has clearly already won because everyone else is ****ing incompetent.

"Hey, umm... if I don't find out who the mole is by tonight, I'm gonna cut you all loose so I don't have a mole."
<The Next Day>
"Oh, hey, conveniently one of you turned up dead with a sign saying they're the mole.  Okay, we're all good.  There's nothing suspicious about that what-so-ever and I now fully trust you all."
<Later that night>
"You have killed me.  y tho?"

:rolleyes:

I am not sure how to hide replies so nm.

Edited by purbeast

I’ve binged Ozark all week and I’m on episode 6 of season 3. 

It’s a good show but it’s not a prestige/all time level drama or anything like some of the other great shows of the last 10-15 years have been. 

I’m a big Jason Bateman fan so I’m happy to see his dry humor and quips translate well to this even though it’s so much more serious than his usual work. It doesn’t feel out of place either. Ruth/Julia Garner steals the show though and is the breakout actor from this. She’s fantastic. On the opposite end, The wife, good lord. Absolutely sucks. I hate everything about her and who she chooses to be, her actions, the smug expressions on her face, etc. everything. 

My problem with the show is I just don’t feel like the writing is always there. Some moments don’t hit the mark like they should and sometimes it feels stakes aren’t ratcheted up at the right pace. Conflicts are too easily resolved in 5 minute conversations. I also just don’t think they spend enough time showing me what is going on inside Jason Bateman/Marty’s head. I’m 3 seasons in and I don’t feel like I know the guy, I don’t know his motivations minute to minute. It’s hard to be invested in the character when that happens. After watching this, the BB comparison is not fair since they are entirely different shows with entirely different qualities but in the sense that they both involve seemingly normal middle class families involved in crime, I think I can make this comparison. I always knew what Walter White wanted and what he felt. When he did things, I knew why and what he hoped to accomplish out of it. I just don’t feel that with Marty and I think it’s due to the writing and lack of time spent investing in him despite him being the main character and getting the most screen time. This actually applies to all

the characters honestly. They just do things and it kinda makes sense but you don’t really get to feel like you’re invested in them, you’re just watching them. It lacks something...a soul, or some substance that actually pulls you in imo. It’s just one **** situation, easily resolved after another and the characters don’t have time to deal with their actions or any of the fallout of the things they do. They just move right on and it’s almost distracting it’s so jarring. I just want to spend some time with these characters and get to know them some I’m engaged in the stakes and the drama but it doesn’t seem interested in that. 

also the show is really dark, not in themes or anything though that is there but I mean it’s shot like constantly in the dark. Even daylight scenes are given like  blue lens filter which makes everything just grey and dull. I’m sure this is their intended look but it’s hard to watch sometimes, I’m dying for some sunlight and color. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m a big Jason Bateman fan so I’m happy to see his dry humor and quips translate well to this even though it’s so much more serious than his usual work. It doesn’t feel out of place either. Ruth/Julia Garner steals the show though and is the breakout actor from this. She’s fantastic. On the opposite end, The wife, good lord. Absolutely sucks. I hate everything about her and who she chooses to be, her actions, the smug expressions on her face, etc. everything. 

I think I felt that way about Ruth & Wendy until season 3. I thought Wendy was the best thing about season 3 on a whole, and I felt they gave Ruth too much screen/talk time and she started turning cartoonish

I don't know, I think Marty has made it very clear in the show that everything he does is for his family to make them better off.  Every decision he makes is for that reason.

I'm also about to finish ZeroZeroZero tonight for the second time.  Watching it with my wife this time as she didn't watch it with me the first time.  I started it 2 Thursdays ago and am about to finish it for a second time in like 11 days lol.  I'm picking up on some stuff i missed first go around too.

Company will pay you $1,000 to binge 24 hours of true crime documentaries

A streaming site wants to pay you $1,000 for watching 24 straight hours of crime documentaries.

MagellanTV is an online documentary streaming service that has selected a lineup of 16 true crime documentaries for a lucky winner’s viewing.

The list includes:

MagellanTV says the perferred candidate can “handle the creepiest serial killer, the grizzliest details, and the haunting spookiness of the paranormal.”

The winning candidate will also have to “enthusiastically” document their 24-hour viewing experience on their social media channels.

If you are selected and succeed in watching 24 hours of crime documentaries without interruption, MegallanTV says you’ll walk away with $1,000 cash, a 1-year free membership to their streaming service, and three 3-month memberships for friends and family.

To apply for the job, click here.

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

season 1 was good. nothing ground breaking, but entertaining

When I happened upon it awhile back, I was thinking "Wow, that's one hell of a combo," but I remember being sucked into that I-Land series, and I've been hesitant to trust myself ever since