Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Guys I need recommendations on the next TV series I should start watching.

stoney26

Stayed up till 2 watching Ozark.  Classic case of "Just one more episode..."  I think there's only one or two more left.

Another way it's different than Breaking Bad:  The women characters in Ozark are way better than any of the women characters in Breaking Bad.  Helen is stone cold ruthless.  Wendy gets her hands dirty.  Ruth gives no ****s.  Even Charlotte is pretty tough.  Skyler in Breaking had that streak where she was on board with Walt but once she realized there would be bloodshed and that Walt was close to violence she went in the opposite direction.  Marie was painted to be a clueless nag, nothing more.  

Breaking Bad might be my favorite show ever but Ozark is quickly gaining.  I'm not sure if that's recency bias.  Good news is that there's plenty of time to watch Breaking Bad AND Ozark again if I wanted... 

• Like 1

I'd do almost anything to get more shows like Foyle's War or David Suchet's Poirot. You should look into the 1984 Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett. I can't watch another Sherlock Holmes movie or film because they just can't ever be on par with how Brett played the character.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'd do almost anything to get more shows like Foyle's War or David Suchet's Poirot. You should look into the 1984 Sherlock Holmes starring Jeremy Brett. I can't watch another Sherlock Holmes movie or film because they just can't ever be on par with how Brett played the character.

Never seen that version of Holmes, will check them out.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, max21 said:

Ozark is awesome yet again, such great acting. Bateman is a star 

I can't state enough how incredible the acting in the show is.  Wendy's brother .... wow.  I don't want to spoil anything, but that dude can act VERY well.

• Like 3

Well just finished the final episode of Ozark and...holy ****.

Spoilers:

Spoiler

Wow, I didn't see Helen getting killed.  At least not right there.  Wendy stepped up big to end the war with the other cartel, that's something that Helen couldn't have done.  In doing so, Wendy proved her and Marty to be more indispensable than Helen.  And to keep the peace on his side and from Helen from killing the Byrdes, Navarro had to kill Helen.

More curious about what's going to happen to Jonah.  They outlined the effects of Ben's bi-polar/mental health issues and Jonah seemed to exhibit those at the end.  He'd been a pretty even keeled character throughout, but the way he lashed out at Wendy when she came home, toting a shotgun over to Helen's and almost shooting her with it, the scene where he was playing with Ben's ashes and then wheels around and shoots the window out of his house...the actions seemed a bit like Ben's actions, not his.  The way he was laying on the bed with the pillow on his face kind of reminded me how Ben was laying down when he was with Ruth in a few episodes prior.  Maybe I'm looking too far into things but I think Jonah's going to have his own mental health issues to deal with next season.  I always thought Charlotte was going to be the problem between the two kids, not Jonah.

Last but not least, agent Maya Miller.  I was trying to figure how her pregnancy was going to play a part in the storyline and it really didn't.  But they just didn't create that character to be pregnant for no reason.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Me too. Much better than i expected with how much has changed after season 2. 

Hide contents

Who you thinking is inside Hale? That seems to be the big mystery this season. 

Spoiler

Not sure yet, Teddy is the easy answer with the devotion. I'm not convinced that last scene with Hale was after her death, could be before with the foreshadowing of dolares on how they he can predict deaths. Also, I like aaron pauls character a little more but my eyes roll when he says your the first real thing to happen me in a long time. I'm just glad he isn't a soft **** like jessie. Also, why i'm liking these season, i'm going to over look hale killing that pedo. I understand the cameras were out, but really, you going to choke a man to death a school in a hallway? okay sure. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Reveal hidden contents

Not sure yet, Teddy is the easy answer with the devotion. I'm not convinced that last scene with Hale was after her death, could be before with the foreshadowing of dolares on how they he can predict deaths. Also, I like aaron pauls character a little more but my eyes roll when he says your the first real thing to happen me in a long time. I'm just glad he isn't a soft **** like jessie. Also, why i'm liking these season, i'm going to over look hale killing that pedo. I understand the cameras were out, but really, you going to choke a man to death a school in a hallway? okay sure. 

I’m about to blow it all open 

Spoiler

Caleb is inside Hale. He dies at the end of the season (Hale host too) and Dolores puts him in newly made Hale’s body. Some scenes with Hale this season take place shortly after season 2 with like armistice or Abernathy inside her but some of the Hale scenes this season are with Caleb. 

hale/Abernathy likely turns on Dolores and tries to kill them hence the reluctance to be Hale. also, Dolores left the park in a Hale body yet this episode implies she was making a Hale body outside of the park. Why if she already had one? I think as the season goes on we will see more Dolores Hale scenes that take place after the season’s narrative concludes with Dolores and Caleb where he dies. 

im going with either that, which is my #1 or my next two are OG William as in first trip in the park still in life with Dolores William or OG Arnold. Not Bernard which is a replica of Arnold that ford improved upon with different memories, less emotion etc but an actually replication of Arnold who was super close to Dolores, enough to the point he saw her for what she really was and had her kill him to free herself

Really enjoying this season so far. The show is gorgeous and the futuristic world they’ve envisioned is something to behold 

5 hours ago, purbeast said:

I can't state enough how incredible the acting in the show is.  Wendy's brother .... wow.  I don't want to spoil anything, but that dude can act VERY well.

really speaks to the importance of writing. he was absolute **** in Iron Fist

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

really speaks to the importance of writing. he was absolute **** in Iron Fist

I actually had to look him up since I was like I have seen him somewhere. When I saw he was in Iron Fist i realized why I didn't I remember him... lol

• Like 1

Up to episode 3 of "Condor".. Pretty good so far! +/- an hour per episode. (10 total iirc) No commercials, goes by fast.. CIA, Conspiracy, Mystery type show.. On Audience network (on demand). 

Edited by GoDeep81

52 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

its actually kinda boring.  I have it on in the background but it doesn't keep my attention 

that's funny. that's what my sis in laws boyfriend told me too. I don't know why, i'm into it. I was late listening to 'serial', which had a structure where it introduced and built up characters, then, at the end of every episode, introduced a bit of a plot twist you don't see coming. 

I like the plot twists, I like trainwrecks, and i'm a people watcher, especially potential psychopathic extreme narcissists, and this show might have three of them. everybodys nuts. I love it. 

Edited by grego
  • Like 1