Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Against the Eagles ... We won right ?

bedlamVR

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/18/snyder-redskins-feel-good-win-comes-with-caveats/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/robert-griffin-iii-parts-the-clouds-at-least-for-one-game/2012/11/18/19401e4e-31d9-11e2-9cfa-e41bac906cc9_story.html

These are just a couple of the articles in the breaking news section . We are coming off a 31-6 win against a divisional foe - Our rookie QB had 4 times TDs than incomplete passes (that takes some computing) he was accountable for nearly 300 yards of offense and yet put up a 93% + completion rate ... And it is like a morgue in here ..

On the way to the 31-6 divisional win in the game day thread you would think that we were the team lucky to have 6 points . After all the negative threads and BS over the last two weeks - why do I get the feeling there will be a number of prominent posters that don't post a jot until thursday - reeling after a win...what is wrong with us as a fan base ?

If you cannot take pride in the good things that happen - even the brightest spots in a lousy season - then why watch the game at all .

Sure there were a lot of problems both on offense and defense to worry about but it is much better to worry about them after a win than a loss .

And sure we are only 4-6 and the Eagles were wretched but we were too ... but we won by more than three TDs ...

So I call on you Redskin nation - If only for a day - Feel good about yourselves, we can be proud we won congratulate the team and smell the roses !

Great win yesterday ! HTTR

I'm betting it's because so many were down on the game ahead of time, citing the same line over and over: "typical Skins will lose a game they should easily win." Then, when we won easily, seems those people decided to nitpick rather than admit they were wrong, that this team isn't the same old Redskins.

I think it's also just hitting people in waves lol. Felt kind of like a dream to be honest. I give it to about Tuesday before things start heating up. Let the first group of NBD Turds fans start up with their nonsense and get everyone a little fired up and then we'll see some more fire.

This fanbase, if it was a person, would be diagnosed with manic-depression.

We lose, we're in the depression phase. Shanahan is getting fired, every position on our team is terrible, we're not close to playoffs until 2015, etc. etc.

We win, we're in the manic state, Shanahan is fine, we're still in the playoff race this year, Meriweather's locked down SS for 2013, etc. etc.

It's not quite that bad, but if we win Thursday, it will be very interesting to see how the board feels, and then compare it to just after the Carolina loss.

It's just so nice to win again after a 3 game drought, and to do it with our first blow out since 2009 against the Raiders feels wonderful.

I'm happy for all of us who stayed positive throughout these last two weeks when there was little reason to in a sea of petulant anger and negativity. I think you all know how good it feels when you get rewarded for your patience. :)

I'm not going to say much anymore... I got exhausted posting these last two weeks. I just thank God for the break from incessant complaining this win brings. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the season no mater what it brings and continue believing Mike can turn this franchise around.

Please don't use the gameday thread to try and figure out the pulse of the fanbase. That's like walking into a nuthouse and assuming the rest of the world is crazy as well. :)

The truth is, we played well overall today. The Iggles were banged up and we spanked 'em in our house. For the first time in forever, it felt like "our house". I knew there were gonna be some bumps this year, so any win we can pick up is very nice.

But don't kid yourself...every, single, Redskins fan is happy as hell about today. RG3 setting records, Meriweather looking good, some thunderous hits, no Philly TDs, deep Santana, Kerrigan, and even Pierre being back out there. Too many positives to spin it any other way. Thursday should be a freakin' blast!

There's a silent (majority?) that feels otherwise.

This game I believe represents a watershed moment -- the definitive paradigm shift that a decade+ of NFC East dominance by Philly and a decade+ of NFC East futility by Washington is reversing.

Who knows, it might take another offseason for many to recognize this

There's a silent (majority?) that feels otherwise.

This game I believe represents a watershed moment -- the definitive paradigm shift that a decade+ of NFC East dominance by Philly and a decade+ of NFC East futility by Washington is reversing.

Who knows, it might take another offseason for many to recognize this

i already think this. i believe we are currently a better team from top to bottom than the eagles and the cowboys. soon we will surpass the giants, and we should be competitive with them till that point.

we control our own destiny for the rest of this season. if we cant get good above average defensive play and avoid injury, i actually think we have a shot at the playoffs.

This place will probably explode with optimism if the Skins follow up with a win against Dallas and a Giants lose against Green Bay.

And so it should in those circumstances ......

One win, heck even two will not change some of the fundamental issues we have in terms of lack of talent in some areas and poor coaching (at least IMO) on the defensive side of the ball - however if you can't get excited when you win whats the point of being a fan?

I'm THRILLED that we showed some guts and got it together over the bye for this game. This game wasn't exactly pivotal though; we're still behind the eight ball though unless we beat Dallas on Thanksgiving. The Giants game will be truly pivotal if we win on Thursday; we can change the entire course of the season in a matter of days. But none of that would be possible had we lost today, so obviously every win is a big deal.

The way they abused us in the first half on screens, the penalties, and the points we left on the field need to be addressed before these must-wins ahead, but for the most part I think we played great, as well as we have all season.

I'm pretty pleased with that win, that was really nice to watch, definately.

Was even better to watch us routing the eagles that way. They never seemed to be in the game. We took the lead, and we never really looked back.

Still, as exciting as this win is, I'm being realistic that we still have a long way to go to make the playoffs, and that starts with penalties that are hurting us hard. We're set at QB for a long time, and our receiving corp isn't that bad, RG3 threw to 8 different receivers IIRC. Which is quite interesting. Paulsen had a great effort on his TD, as 'tana. Both really fight to scores, and I'd like to see more of this stuff from any one.

D was solid, but they faced a Rookie QB that, for once, looked like a rookie, but we still shut McCoy nonetheless.

So yes, I'm excited, there's improvment incoming, but they have to confirm it on Thursday against a cowboys team that had lots of trouble beating the Browns in OT.

Regarding what we've done this week end and what the cowboys have done, I would say that we've got the edge, mentally, but we cannot step down. Keep up the good work, keep on fighting and beat'em!

Ok, one more thing, the last time we had a blowout was against the Raiders in 2009, right?

But when was the last time we actually blew out a division foe? 35-6 Cowboys in 2005?

I think you might be right. I'd settle for that score on Thursday! :D

The problem from the fans is that we've become so used to being a dysfunctional losing team that we think it can never change. The problem from the media is that they've become used to writing about the dysfunctional 'Skins, and some of them will find it very hard to change their tune.

This fanbase, if it was a person, would be diagnosed with manic-depression.

Bipolar Disorder I, Intermittent Explosive Disorder, General Anxiety Disorder, Adjustment Disorder with Mixed Emotions, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder - Combined Type, and the list goes on . . .

There's no such diagnosis as "manic-depression", though. Just FYI for your finals. :)

And never pay attention to what people write. I've never heard of Darren Snyder, and Jason Reid is a bumbling idiot. The difference between the media and the rest of the world is a microphone or pen. That's it.

I think some of the lack of enthusiasm comes from the fact that the Eagles are in total disarray. Foles was pretty awful :D. I think we looked good in the second half though, and the silence of the Eagles fans was the greatest thing ever. Hope Merriweather is OK, he added a lot to the defense. Hail!

I agree, after getting home yesterday, I got on hoping to see a lot more rejoicing in the streets, but I guess we're not there yet.

I said before kickoff yesterday, that I felt like yesterday's game would be the turning point, where we would get the win that would spark a late season charge marking the shift that we will point to years from now as the day the tide turned. Maybe it's the undying homer in me, but I saw nothing yesterday to make me change my mind yet. :) Two more wins, and we may well be sitting atop the NFCE.

Let's get it, boys.

Hail.

I dunno. I live north of Philly and I was having a great time yesterday. I even sat around with the sports radio station on to get some chuckles when irate Eagles fans called in with angry comments. I stayed away from the gameday thread the past 2-3 weeks since I realized it was making me view games way more negatively.

The blowout win was much needed.....I'm still enjoying it. That being said, we really need to clean some things up, most notably the penalties. How does a team come out of the half and get an illegal formation penalty on the first play from scrimmage? That's inexcusable. There were plenty of other bad penalties too.

Another concern I have is the continued exposing of RG lll to big hits. He hit his head on the turf pretty good on the one hit and it looked like it shook him up at first but he shook it off. I couldn't understand why he was even in the game with under 8 minutes to go....I really think we need to be more protective of him in a responsible way.

Let's face it, RG lll's mobility really won this game today. He bailed the team out many different times with his legs and that's the beauty of having him. With him on the field we should be in every game with a chance to win at the end. We did what we should have done in thumping a very bad Eagles team that has quit on their season. Now, let's go take care of Dallas in their stadium much like the Giants did to them a few weeks back. We're gonna need to get pressure on Romo sits to pee to pull it off.

Before some moron jumps on me telling me I'm thinking something I'm not, I'm happy as Larry with the win. But that game didn't feel like a blow out at all. Certainly not to the extent of blowing trumpets and having a party.

Philly look like a team that's totally given up on the season. They have a rook who looks every bit the rook under center. And a HC who looks listless like the preverbal 'dead man walking.' Yes, you can only beat what's in front of you. And yes, I'm more than happy we did. But in reality it was more watching two bad teams with one playing well on the day.

Not a 'crack the champagne open' moment.

Hail.

I'm betting it's because so many were down on the game ahead of time, citing the same line over and over: "typical Skins will lose a game they should easily win." Then, when we won easily, seems those people decided to nitpick rather than admit they were wrong, that this team isn't the same old Redskins.

That Giants loss hurt my soul. Just being mindful of what we have available to work with now. Beat them Cowturds then perhaps....

Before some moron jumps on me telling me I'm thinking something or not, I'm happy as Larry with the win. But that game didn't feel like a blow out at all. Certainly not to the extent of blowing trumpets and having a party.

Not a 'crack the champagne open' moment.

Hail.

But that what happens in a blow out. The other team gets dispirited and surrenders. They are helpless. The first half was a game. The second half when Moss got that miracle bomb began a blow out. I can tell you that I'm, usually nervous if we have a 15 point lead. Yesterday, I told the TV not to give the Eagles' hope especially after scary punt returns, but I got to coast and just celebrate most of the game.

For once, we didn't let them come back.

Archived