Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Against the Eagles ... We won right ?

bedlamVR

From personal experience, too many in Redskins Nation are fair weather fans. They're just like Dallas fans, hiding when the season isn't going well and honestly it pisses me off.. I haven't seen this team be good since my BIRTH. But I'm still a die hard, and if another season or two is what they need, I'm willing to wait. I've waited 19 already.

From personal experience, too many in Redskins Nation are fair weather fans. They're just like Dallas fans, hiding when the season isn't going well and honestly it pisses me off.. I haven't seen this team be good since my BIRTH. But I'm still a die hard, and if another season or two is what they need, I'm willing to wait. I've waited 19 already.

Hard to believe there are fair weather Redskins fans. It's been raining for almost twenty years. Even Noah doesn't have that kind of patience.

But that what happens in a blow out.....

What transpired and what I felt are two completely different things for all the reason's I mentioned.

I enjoyed the win like any win. It just wasn't an ecstatic 'boy did we take those dudes out behind the woodshed' moment all things considered on just what state 'those dudes' are in.

Now if we go into Arlington and come out with ANY victory Thursday, the whole freaking neighborhood will know about it. :ols:

Hail.

What transpired and what I felt are two completely different things for all the reason's I mentioned.

I enjoyed the win like any win. It just wasn't an ecstatic 'boy did we take those dudes out behind the woodshed' moment all things considered on just what state 'those dudes' are in.

Now if we go into Arlington and come out with ANY victory Thursday, the whole freaking neighborhood will know about it. :ols:

Hail.

That's fair. It wasn't a beginning to end romp and we didn't completely impose our will. When Morris began breaking off those 15 yard runs I knew we had broken them, but it wasn't like back in '91.

The bar for me is getting to 6 and 6. Sunday was step one, we beat Dallas on Thursday and have a shot to get to 6 and 6 and I'm pumped. I'm always happy after a win but we have more work to do.

Shanny told the team to enjoy the win for 12 hours, I think that is spot on.

Why do some 'skins fans put so much emphasis on other 'skins fans fanhood? I have NEVER given a rats ass or questioned other 'skins fans fanhood. The amount of energy that they spend on questioning another 'skins fan fanhood is a little on the weird side IMO.

All I need to know is that I am a 'skins fan.

That's fair. It wasn't a beginning to end romp and we didn't completely impose our will. When Morris began breaking off those 15 yard runs I knew we had broken them, but it wasn't like back in '91.

Exactly. And for those too young to of experienced the glory days and that glorious season, as such a time as we are a dominant team again laying the wood on real good teams, and not just free-falling dysfunctional messes like the woeful Eagles; you'll know what a real blow-out, dominating win feels like.

Not to diminish yesterday, which was great as of itself. But man do I crave THAT feeling again.

Hail.

I think it's hard to be too happy for some of us. It's a case of too little to late maybe? I look ahead at our schedule and the league and understand that we possibly have to win out to make the play offs. At most we can lose 1 more game. Sitting at 4-6 the odds of a playoff run seems very small. I'm excited we beat the eagles, and you won't be able to shut me up if we beat Dallas.

So guys. I was at the DCU game last night checking the stats on my phone occasionally and getting more wide eye by the second. So I got back at like 12:30am so I didn't see the highlights. What the heck happened lol? Were we just awesome or were just completely awful?

Robert was beyond awesome. Even for Robert. The Eagles are a team that have totally given up on the year. They have what Robert should be under center, a mistake prone, fresh faced rook totally out of his depth in the pros. A flat, going through the motions HC who looks like he knows he's 6 games from being around his family come next fall. A mistake ridden, on their summer vacation already not interested outfit like so many Redskins teams we've seen at this time of year for way longer than we care to remember. As soon as we got up three scores early in the second half, the life drained from Philthy, we gained in confidence, and coasted home. (Although we were far from mistake prone ourselves.).

So a combination of the two. Still two pretty poor teams. But one was much better on the day as reflected in the final outcome.

As always, Thursday is another game that could go completely the other way again.

Enjoyable, but not ground breaking.

Hail.

On the way to the 31-6 divisional win in the game day thread you would think that we were the team lucky to have 6 points . After all the negative threads and BS over the last two weeks - why do I get the feeling there will be a number of prominent posters that don't post a jot until thursday - reeling after a win...what is wrong with us as a fan base ?

If you cannot take pride in the good things that happen - even the brightest spots in a lousy season - then why watch the game at all .

Sure there were a lot of problems both on offense and defense to worry about but it is much better to worry about them after a win than a loss .

And sure we are only 4-6 and the Eagles were wretched but we were too ... but we won by more than three TDs ...

So I call on you Redskin nation - If only for a day - Feel good about yourselves, we can be proud we won congratulate the team and smell the roses !

Great win yesterday ! HTTR

i've been down and critical of this team for the past 2 weeks, but i was and still am happy about yesterday's game. some people just love being negative for the sake of having something to b**** about. Even this morning i still see folks crying and throwing fits. But, IDK to each his own.

I'm happy that we took care of business, that's what you're supposed to do if the other team is not playing well. In the past we would play down to that team's level. (I am having awful flashbacks to Norv's futility against the Cardinals, you know what I'm talking about)

Oh, and we broke the rookie losing streak. :)

Now let's break Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Not a 'crack the champagne open' moment.

Hail.

In a vacuum, no it was not. But, given the recent history of this team a) within its division, B) at home, and c) with its inability to blow even bad teams out this was a nice, one-week reprieve from the status quo around here.

Beating ANY team by 25 points is a big deal in the NFL. You can square or cube that when it comes to our team. We didn't really play well. We made a handful of big plays but we didn't really sustain drives or play a clean game on offense (2-3 false starts on a RB??). On defense, we looked much improved but still managed to give up chunks of yards to a rookie QB. Despite all of that we still won the game by 25 points. That tells me that our team is beginning to learn how to manage negative plays and push past them to be productive.

It could be a brief 3-4 day ray of light or it could be the start of something nice if we can win a few more games this year. I still maintain that 7 wins (3 of which would have to be in the division) would be a nice stepping stone for Shanahan.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/18/snyder-redskins-feel-good-win-comes-with-caveats/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/robert-griffin-iii-parts-the-clouds-at-least-for-one-game/2012/11/18/19401e4e-31d9-11e2-9cfa-e41bac906cc9_story.html

These are just a couple of the articles in the breaking news section . We are coming off a 31-6 win against a divisional foe - Our rookie QB had 4 times TDs than incomplete passes (that takes some computing) he was accountable for nearly 300 yards of offense and yet put up a 93% + completion rate ... And it is like a morgue in here ..

On the way to the 31-6 divisional win in the game day thread you would think that we were the team lucky to have 6 points . After all the negative threads and BS over the last two weeks - why do I get the feeling there will be a number of prominent posters that don't post a jot until thursday - reeling after a win...what is wrong with us as a fan base ?

If you cannot take pride in the good things that happen - even the brightest spots in a lousy season - then why watch the game at all .

Sure there were a lot of problems both on offense and defense to worry about but it is much better to worry about them after a win than a loss .

And sure we are only 4-6 and the Eagles were wretched but we were too ... but we won by more than three TDs ...

So I call on you Redskin nation - If only for a day - Feel good about yourselves, we can be proud we won congratulate the team and smell the roses !

Great win yesterday ! HTTR

It's been a long time since the Redskins fans had any thing to be happy about. They don't remember what to say or do.

By the way how are things in England. I lived the for 12 years starting in 1953. Still miss the pubs. There was one in Wembley called the Green Man that I would go to all the time. I also lived in Newbury and Chelmsford. I remember your posts over the past few years (HTTR), why did you move to England? Are you in the Military?

Well, now that my 12 hours are up I'm getting back to reality. I agree that the win really felt great but there were definitely a lot of the same flaws present throughout this game that have plagued the Skins all year.

The offense was not very efficient at all yesterday and the run game took FOREVER to get going. False-starts, illegal formation, holding penalties left and right - it was just not a good game offensively but one where our key players made the big plays at the most critical time. The offense has largely been a plus this season but I consider games like yesterday, where everything is out of rhythm and it takes huge plays for us to get our points, a matter of being lucky rather than good. We haven't consistently shown the ability to make game-changing plays like the ones we made yesterday and until we do, it's just lucky IMO.

As for the D, well, we finally took advantage of an inexperienced rookie. Coverage seemed to be ok but there were many inaccurate passes/bad decisions made by Foles. Haslett dialed up the blitzes a bit more but he hasn't usually sent a ton of extra guys at the more experienced QB's we've played so far, or at least it hasn't seemed that way to me. Oh, and I'm sick of giving up the 3rd and 15+, that's just plain ridiculous. But to give the D credit, we adjusted well to the Eagle's screens and shotgun runs in the second half.

All in all, it was nice to win. But aside from a handful of huge plays in this game the Skins looked just like the team that has already lost 6 games this year.

It was a great win for the team. But as a team they have to go to the film and see where improvements are needed. Got a big game Thursday, so they need to quickly move on and concentrate on Dallas. What they did yesterday was what they were supposed to do, now its time to move on. That's what good teams do.

I'm definitely feeling pretty good today and enjoying watching the highlights for a change, but it's gonna take more than beating perhaps the worst Eagles team I've ever seen us face ever to restore confidence in this team.

I saw too many of the same things yesterday: suspect playcalling, trouble on third downs, terrible penalties, etc.

We bring that crap to Dallas and they are going to beat us yet again.

We played a team yesterday that had basically quit against a QB who was totally out of his element. Yeah, I know we've lost those games in the past, so again, this is definitely a step in the right direction, RG3 was incredible, and our defense with Merriweather back there looks improved, but I need a really meaningful victory to get me out of this malaise. I need a victory over Dallas for Thanksgiving. That's what I need.

Give me that, and I will be jumping on that playoff bandwagon like a hobo jumping a freight train.

I loved the win, but honestly was biting my nails until there was less than 4 minutes left on the game clock in the 4th quarter, especially with how our defense has been this year. If there has been a change in attitude, and we will continue to see it, then great, but I need to see it. Again, loved seeing all the Wide Receivers catching the darned ball! And that is one of my biggest pet peeves. A wide receiver dropping a ball that hits him right in the gloves, makes him, the team, and his QB look horrible.

The bar for me is getting to 6 and 6. Sunday was step one, we beat Dallas on Thursday and have a shot to get to 6 and 6 and I'm pumped. I'm always happy after a win but we have more work to do.

Shanny told the team to enjoy the win for 12 hours, I think that is spot on.

Good mentality. Honestly, if we're 6-6 in early December, even a 7-9 finish has to be considered progress and a positive step in year 3. I still don't think that 6-6 is all that realistic as much as I'm enjoying how we got the W yesterday. So, for me 7 wins is the benchmark for this team. If we go 7-9, win 3+ division games, and continue play well on offense and improve on defense despite the personnel issues/injuries we're encountering I'll be OK with the direction of this team.

Good mentality. Honestly, if we're 6-6 in early December, even a 7-9 finish has to be considered progress and a positive step in year 3. I still don't think that 6-6 is all that realistic as much as I'm enjoying how we got the W yesterday. So, for me 7 wins is the benchmark for this team. If we go 7-9, win 3+ division games, and continue play well on offense and improve on defense despite the personnel issues/injuries we're encountering I'll be OK with the direction of this team.

Not to derail the thread and take it in another direction, but if 7 wins is your benchmark TD_w, how will you feel if yesterday was one more closer to the 5/ 6 tops I think we'll end up with?

Hail.

to the OP. Most of us are very happy with RGIII performance and the win but this Eagles team has basically quit. If we beat the boys on Thrusday the you will see a much more upbeat reaction.

The fact is so many times in the past this team gave us some optimism only to end up in agony. Lets not also forget, for me at least when you have so many penalties it says you are not a team that can be trusted. Thanksgving is not far away.

Archived