Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Against the Eagles ... We won right ?

bedlamVR

I don't know how some of you are in here on the gameday thread AND watching the game. I could not pay attention to the game if I were in here typing. It's just too much at one time to keep up with a conversation and watch a game. Hell, my wife knows not to talk to me during the game as I won't hear a word she says.

Hell, my wife knows not to talk to me during the game as I won't hear a word she says.

I have finally trained my wife AND kids to understand this fundemental truth - stay out of the room or stay quiet and under no circumstances attempt conversation or make requests during a Redskins game. Also NEVER say 'Its only a game' after we have lost.

These are just a couple of the articles in the breaking news section . We are coming off a 31-6 win against a divisional foe - Our rookie QB had 4 times TDs than incomplete passes (that takes some computing) he was accountable for nearly 300 yards of offense and yet put up a 93% + completion rate ... And it is like a morgue in here ..

I think I know why ...

The Redskins never, ever, win two games in a row ...ever.

That's why it's morgue in here, or why I lost any giddyness from yesterday afternoon.

We won. No question.

I think we can all walk away happy that we got a win against a team that was certainly inferior yesterday. And I, like most, are excited to have won a game in "convincing" fashion.

Having said that, we have to "curve" our optimism just a tad, don't we? This team and franchise has a history of letting us down when we think things are getting better.

Didn't we lose at home to a 2-8 team 2 weeks ago? Didn't the coach "start the evaluation" process as well?

-Cautiosly Optimistic

Why do some 'skins fans put so much emphasis on other 'skins fans fanhood? I have NEVER given a rats ass or questioned other 'skins fans fanhood. The amount of energy that they spend on questioning another 'skins fan fanhood is a little on the weird side IMO.

Probably because they have nothing else better to do than to worry about why not enough people guaranteed a trip the Super Bowl after we beat the lifeless Eagles. Yesterday was awesome, but the cold hard truth is that all it proved was that we weren't as godawful as (most likely) some of those same "Die hards" thought we were after the loss to the Panthers, and that we were good enough to beat down a terrible team starting a second string rookie quarterback. I'm baffled as to why it would cause some "Real fan" to question the fanhood of other people who are within reason, and have every right to be cautiously optimistic, after sticking with this team after pretty much 20 years of ineptitude. Just because you are a homer does not mean that you have to be a blind homer.

I have finally trained my wife AND kids to understand this fundemental truth - stay out of the room or stay quiet and under no circumstances attempt conversation or make requests during a Redskins game. Also NEVER say 'Its only a game' after we have lost.

Would you come to my home and train my family please. They are cool about the not distracting me during the game but the "its only a game" is SOOOOOOO frustrating to me.

This team reminds me a bit of the 2010 & 2012 Giants -- that is, the S.F. baseball Giants. After a couple of years of roster makeovers, they have a team with talent in the right spots, outstanding role players, and great team chemistry that overcomes stuff like being down 3-1 and going on the road. Oh, don't forget crushing injuries (Posey, Freddy Sanchez, Pat Burrell, etc.) RGIII = Buster Posey. Moss = Lincecum (no longer a starter but a dangerous contributor mid-game), etc. Once some of the kinks get worked out, the Redskins will be fun to watch, to cheer for, and to celebrate with. The first step is beating the teams you should, and we did that yesterday. How many times in recent years have we not?

(gif of near-miss RGIII's helmet)

This is extremely dirty. Holy Crap. Luckily RG3 avoided this EXTREMELY illegal hit. He should be fined.

If he'd made contact I'm sure Goodell would have fined RGIII and cast Rodgers-Cromartie as the victim. Glad there was no contact!

Would you come to my home and train my family please. They are cool about the not distracting me during the game but the "its only a game" is SOOOOOOO frustrating to me.

Me too. I just don't answer when my wife says that, which is starting to work. I have finally put a stop to the annoying habit of being interrupted with <5:00 left in the game. It used to be she'd try to tear me away during the most critical moments. Thank goodness we're past that now... :)

It's just so nice to win again after a 3 game drought, and to do it with our first blow out since 2009 against the Raiders feels wonderful.

I'm happy for all of us who stayed positive throughout these last two weeks when there was little reason to in a sea of petulant anger and negativity. I think you all know how good it feels when you get rewarded for your patience. :)

You have been the Beacon of light lately. I know all 'skins fans enjoyed the game yesterday, but I'm betting u enjoyed it just a little more! well deserved win.

Hail!

Put me down as a fan who despite my faith in us winning the Philly game had to take an emotional break from this team after the carolina game. I was just so pissed about that game, with us "honoring" out past players and coaches, and coming out there like we didn't give a damn.

I'm just glad this team came out and gave a damn. Most of the Philly game was played without Meriweather, so its bacically the same defense as the carolina game, but held a bad team to 6 points.

I also agree it feels weird now, but faith in the fanbase will pick up if they can pull out this win in Dallas on Turkey Day. Having to simmer on that last loss for two weeks was brutal to watch and deal with...

With my yelling and screaming, my wife says I actually scare her.:evilg: She usually finds somewhere to go on Sundays and always asks what time the game is so she can preplan her escape.:ols:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/18/snyder-redskins-feel-good-win-comes-with-caveats/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/robert-griffin-iii-parts-the-clouds-at-least-for-one-game/2012/11/18/19401e4e-31d9-11e2-9cfa-e41bac906cc9_story.html

These are just a couple of the articles in the breaking news section . We are coming off a 31-6 win against a divisional foe - Our rookie QB had 4 times TDs than incomplete passes (that takes some computing) he was accountable for nearly 300 yards of offense and yet put up a 93% + completion rate ... And it is like a morgue in here ..

On the way to the 31-6 divisional win in the game day thread you would think that we were the team lucky to have 6 points . After all the negative threads and BS over the last two weeks - why do I get the feeling there will be a number of prominent posters that don't post a jot until thursday - reeling after a win...what is wrong with us as a fan base ?

If you cannot take pride in the good things that happen - even the brightest spots in a lousy season - then why watch the game at all .

Sure there were a lot of problems both on offense and defense to worry about but it is much better to worry about them after a win than a loss .

And sure we are only 4-6 and the Eagles were wretched but we were too ... but we won by more than three TDs ...

So I call on you Redskin nation - If only for a day - Feel good about yourselves, we can be proud we won congratulate the team and smell the roses !

Great win yesterday ! HTTR

A good victory by a good margin.

The Good points:

- Kept the Eagles out the end zone

- The performance of RGIII

- Scored 31 points

- Put away a bad team.

- Did I see defensive pressure in the 2nd half? :-)

Bad points:

- Our D struggled against a side with a rookie QB and bad O-Line (1st half). Without the Eagles penalties who knows what would have happened.

- Eagles D had us in trouble for large parts of the game

-Some of the Kyle's play calling was off. For the record I think he has done well this year.

A win is a win and we did what we had to.

If he'd made contact I'm sure Goodell would have fined RGIII and cast Rodgers-Cromartie as the victim. Glad there was no contact!

Me too. I just don't answer when my wife says that, which is starting to work. I have finally put a stop to the annoying habit of being interrupted with <5:00 left in the game. It used to be she'd try to tear me away during the most critical moments. Thank goodness we're past that now... :)

My wife is great with not interrupting me during the game but she fails to understand why I want to cook her dinner and rub her feet after we crush philly but I don't want to talk to anyone until Wednesday after they let Amendola catch the ball 16 times in a half.

A good victory by a good margin.

The Good points:

- Kept the Eagles out the end zone

- The performance of RGIII

- Scored 31 points

- Put away a bad team.

- Did I see defensive pressure in the 2nd half? :-)

Bad points:

- Our D struggled against a side with a rookie QB and bad O-Line (1st half). Without the Eagles penalties who knows what would have happened.

- Eagles D had us in trouble for large parts of the game

-Some of the Kyle's play calling was off. For the record I think he has done well this year.

A win is a win and we did what we had to.

So what you are saying is that our coaches saw weakness in our game and addressed them at the Half? Holy crap that's just a scary thought, hope they remember how to do this going forward as well.

Archived