Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Against the Eagles ... We won right ?

bedlamVR

Not to derail the thread and take it in another direction, but if 7 wins is your benchmark TD_w, how will you feel if yesterday was one more closer to the 5/ 6 tops I think we'll end up with?

Hail.

I'd be disappointed at the end of the season if we end up 5-11...no doubt. I'd be slightly less disappointed if we end up 6-10 (which I believe is the most likely record we'll finish with for some reason). I'm torn...to me, 7-9 would be showing signs of life and ending strong which would give me hope for the final 2 years of Shanahan's contract. 5-11 would be pretty bad and make me believe we have no hope for the future with this regime. 6-10 is kind of a push, but would have me generally skeptical going into next season.

So, I think what I'm HOPING to get out of our final 6 games is a reason to believe in Shanahan during his final 2 seasons. Splitting those 6 games would give me that (and mean that we ended the season 4-3 against a division-heavy schedule. I don't know if I answered your question because I'm still figuring out how I feel!

Like others have said, I was finally able to sit back in the 4th quarter and enjoy a game. I was pissed at Haslett and Kyle for stupid play calls, but for the most part, I could finally enjoy the game. I know we made alot of mistakes and the Eagles are walking dead, but I won't go into detail of our mistakes, because we all know what they were. I'm just enjoying the win for a couple of days. I'll start worrying again on Wednesday.

What really pissed me off? The Santana touchdown. I couldn't enjoy it for one reason. I saw the flag thrown by the umpire and said, :mad:**** it's coming back. Don't even bother, it's coming back:(. Then they called illegal hands to face on the defense, but the moment was gone. :ols: Damn refs!! Spoiled my celebration.:cool: You could see Chester get his head and neck pushed back. Easy call.

I went thru the exact same emotional roller coaster!

Let's be clear: most fans aren't happy with our overall record right now BUT I would remind them that we have lost some games this year that were ours for the taking right up until the end (I'm excluding Pitts of course). I don't know if Shanny makes it back or much further beyond next year but we have our QB finally and an RB that can keep defenses honest. All we can do is build upon it and if the next couple weeks knock us from paloff contention then we happily play the role of spoiler.

Like others have said, I was finally able to sit back in the 4th quarter and enjoy a game. I was pissed at Haslett and Kyle for stupid play calls, but for the most part, I could finally enjoy the game. I know we made alot of mistakes and the Eagles are walking dead, but I won't go into detail of our mistakes, because we all know what they were. I'm just enjoying the win for a couple of days. I'll start worrying again on Wednesday.

What really pissed me off? The Santana touchdown. I couldn't enjoy it for one reason. I saw the flag thrown by the umpire and said, :mad:**** it's coming back. Don't even bother, it's coming back:(. Then they called illegal hands to face on the defense, but the moment was gone. :ols: Damn refs!! Spoiled my celebration.:cool: You could see Chester get his head and neck pushed back. Easy call.

...... I don't know if I answered your question because I'm still figuring out how I feel!

You answered it pretty much as good as what I keep coming up with, lol.

I'm in a funny place on the HC at present. I've been a vehement believer and backer of him, but the first real serious seeds of doubt were planted the Carolina game. Compounded by what was said after.Yesterday, as fun as it was, didn't really alleviate that at all given the mess of opponent and our overall showing outside of the genius in the #10 jersey.

If we went 3-3 through the last 6, and earned those wins, and not just stumbled through them, there'd be cause for optimism again. But as I currently stand, that optimism is running very thin on Mike. I'm fearing we've made another in a long line of fruitless HC hires.

Here's looking forward to (hopefully) having those fears dispelled once more the remainder of this year.

Hail.

You answered it pretty much as good as what I keep coming up with, lol.

I'm in a funny place on the HC at present. I've been a vehement believer and backer of him, but the first real serious seeds of doubt were planted the Carolina game. Compounded by what was said after.Yesterday, as fun as it was, didn't really alleviate that at all given the mess of opponent and our overall showing outside of the genius in the #10 jersey.

If we went 3-3 through the last 6, and earned those wins, and not just stumbled through them, there'd be cause for optimism again. But as I currently stand, that optimism is running very thin on Mike. I'm fearing we've made another in a long line of fruitless HC hires.

Here's looking forward to (hopefully) having those fears dispelled once more the remainder of this year.

Hail.

Here's my thing...wins are wins and we haven't gotten them lately. So, if we finish the season 4-3 after the bye (5 divisional games plus the Browns & Ravens), then I'll feel like we've earned those 4 wins. You could say we stumbled through yesterday's game, but I'd almost consider that a pro that we're capable of winning a game that convincingly against ANYONE.

So, to me, the record will come with no qualifications. If we win 7+ games, then Shanahan has earned some faith. If we don't, all bets are off and I would certainly understand pessimism and skepticism (even though I'm sure I'd find a way to convince myself to be positive).

Here's my thing...wins are wins and we haven't gotten them lately. So, if we finish the season 4-3 after the bye (5 divisional games plus the Browns & Ravens), then I'll feel like we've earned those 4 wins. You could say we stumbled through yesterday's game, but I'd almost consider that a pro that we're capable of winning a game that convincingly against ANYONE.

So, to me, the record will come with no qualifications. If we win 7+ games, then Shanahan has earned some faith. If we don't, all bets are off and I would certainly understand pessimism and skepticism (even though I'm sure I'd find a way to convince myself to be positive).

I hear that man. I'd just like to feel confident about the next game after a win ya' know? And not feeling like the next game could go either way, and we're probably gona' need a dose of luck and opponents mistakes to see it through. That's what I mean by 'earned.' For my team to go out, do their jobs, and dominate an opponent without relying on outside factors. Another big reason yesterday didn't feel like a blow-out the final scoreline suggested. It's hard to fully express as message board posts are so ambiguous someone invariably takes them in the wrong direction. All wins are 'earned' of course. But there's being convincing, and knowing your team can live with others. And just stumbling through with other factors. Yesterday was like two bad teams, with one doing more than the other to come out on top. But not leaving you with great optimism for Thursday in the same way a dominating performance (not scoreline); would of left you come the gun ya' know?

So how any and all wins are attained from this point on this year is as big a factor as merely a W to me as to just where this team is heading.

Hail.

Right on OP! Victory Monday is awesome and all I'm asking for is a victory Friday! I'm so thrilled at our performance vs the Eagles. We played with passion. It's way to early but if we win vs Dallas, the NFL better watch out. This is prime time for us to get hot! HTTR! BEAT DALLAS!

This team has struggled with putting opponents away, even when they had a seemingly large lead. Yesterday, though I was sweating it out even with less than 2 minutes left, the Skins held their lead. This is something they've needed to learn to do, and the fact that they did it makes me happy. The Skins went out in front and didn't lose that lead, and they won a game where there were no last-minute heroics. This is relatively new territory for this team, and they need to get used to it. Yesterday's win was a step towards that.

I'm hoping to see more of the same against the Pukes on T-day.

HTTR

I'm over the moon that we won especially against Philly but other than the two long bombs our O looked pretty bad.

Kyle still calling place that leave you scratching your head especially the pitch backs when we need 1 yard or less - Run I formation jumbo and just get the damn yard when you got a back like Morris.

Yes I'm happy that we won but let's start running a bit more of a traditional NFL offense please.

Kyle still calling place that leave you scratching your head especially the pitch backs when we need 1 yard or less - Run I formation jumbo and just get the damn yard when you got a back like Morris.

Our O'Line is built for the zone blocking system. They are good moving laterally and getting onto the second level in the run game but outside of Trent they do not have the size to run a power O I formation Heavy Jumbo a la 1983. Short yardage is a weakness of our running system - we need to use more play action and use RGIIIs legs to give him a run/pass option on the roll IMO. I do agree I dont like going sideways on a pitch in short yardage.

As an aside anyone else notice Trent block Babin literally 10 yards off the LOS on one run to our left - its was like that scene in Blind Side when Oher picked up the DE and dumped him in the stands!

This team has struggled with putting opponents away, even when they had a seemingly large lead. Yesterday, though I was sweating it out even with less than 2 minutes left, the Skins held their lead. This is something they've needed to learn to do, and the fact that they did it makes me happy. The Skins went out in front and didn't lose that lead, and they won a game where there were no last-minute heroics. This is relatively new territory for this team, and they need to get used to it. Yesterday's win was a step towards that.

I'm hoping to see more of the same against the Pukes on T-day.

HTTR

Funny, but I'm one of the biggest worry warts on the planet and as soon as we went up 31-6, I knew it was over and there were still 10 minutes left in the game. I never sweated the lead, but I did hold my breath on punt returns. Somehow, some way, I was waiting for Brandon Banks to fumble and turn the momentum. Thank goodness he didn't.

Funny, but I'm one of the biggest worry warts on the planet and as soon as we went up 31-6, I knew it was over and there were still 10 minutes left in the game. I never sweated the lead, but I did hold my breath on punt returns. Somehow, some way, I was waiting for Brandon Banks to fumble and turn the momentum. Thank goodness he didn't.

It's odd. I never thought we'd lose the game once we got up 17-3 at half time. I was never concerned throughout the rest of the game. That's VERY different for me, but probably had more to do with Foles and the Eagles than anything else.

It's odd. I never thought we'd lose the game once we got up 17-3 at half time. I was never concerned throughout the rest of the game. That's VERY different for me, but probably had more to do with Foles and the Eagles than anything else.

Can't say I was quite that good. We kept making this glitch plays like allowing a big return or starting the half so disorganized and marching backwards that it drummed up some Norvousness.

Now, I was riding high most of the fourth quarter... but it took me longer to get to where you said you were.

Can't say I was quite that good. We kept making this glitch plays like allowing a big return or starting the half so disorganized and marching backwards that it drummed up some Norvousness.

Now, I was riding high most of the fourth quarter... but it took me longer to get to where you said you were.

A lot of it might have stemmed from me not being able to concentrate on the game like I normally do...I had to get a couple things done with the kids yesterday so I watched almost every play until the last 5 minutes, but I wasn't running every scenario through my head between plays like I normally do. :ols:

The national media seems to be giving the credit to Philly for being in a tailspin. It's like we weren't even there.

A win on Thursday will force them to give us credit. Some are, the "just sayin'" guy has already picked us to win on Thursday. Probably won't see a lot of that this week though. Can't blame them really. Nobody wants to go out on a limb with the Redskins right now.

A lot of it might have stemmed from me not being able to concentrate on the game like I normally do...I had to get a couple things done with the kids yesterday so I watched almost every play until the last 5 minutes, but I wasn't running every scenario through my head between plays like I normally do. :ols:

Dude... thinking about your kids when there's a 'skins game on? Where are your priorities!!!

This is why America is where it is today!

Dude... thinking about your kids when there's a 'skins game on? Where are your priorities!!!

This is why America is where it is today!

I'm not proud of myself, but if this is somehow the formula for 31-6 wins I could be the fan of a good team AND have supervised, well-adjusted children. Think of how I'd feel on my deathbed?

Archived