Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your 2018 Redskins Predictions

88Comrade2000

Dan and Bruce together doing the same things over and over and expecting a different result. Jay stays, don't know about Kirk :unsure:, maybe the best for him (not for us) is to go to a place where his abilities are appreciated and not questioned year in year out.

It's a hard season to predict before we know for sure what happens with Kirk and/or who he is replaced by.  If Kirk leaves, and Colt is given the reigns?  I'd say 6-10.  If Kirk leaves and is replaced by Alex Smith?  I'd say 8-8 to 10-6 sounded about right.

If Kirk stays?  I'd say 9-7 to 11-5. Next year's schedule on paper is not as tough and assuming the defense isn't ravaged by injuries and Jonathan Allen comes back as beastly as he showed for a handful of games as a rookie?  

11 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

It's a hard season to predict before we know for sure what happens with Kirk and/or who he is replaced by.  If Kirk leaves, and Colt is given the reigns?  I'd say 6-10.  If Kirk leaves and is replaced by Alex Smith?  I'd say 8-8 to 10-6 sounded about right.

If Kirk stays?  I'd say 9-7 to 11-5. Next year's schedule on paper is not as tough and assuming the defense isn't ravaged by injuries and Jonathan Allen comes back as beastly as he showed for a handful of games as a rookie?  

Interesting that you feel there is roughly a one win difference between KC returning to the helm vs Alex Smith coming here. I really don't know that I disagree much either. When put into a W/L column, it certainly places a different perspective on all of the money talk. And I definitely want KC back if that makes a difference, hopefully at a high guarantee but moderately priced contract in order to maintain some salary cap room. 4 year $100m with 70 guaranteed (ish.)

13 minutes ago, bowhunter said:

Interesting that you feel there is roughly a one win difference between KC returning to the helm vs Alex Smith coming here. I really don't know that I disagree much either. When put into a W/L column, it certainly places a different perspective on all of the money talk. And I definitely want KC back if that makes a difference, hopefully at a high guarantee but moderately priced contract in order to maintain some salary cap room. 4 year $100m with 70 guaranteed (ish.)

Right, but also keep in mind I am only speaking to the roster as it stands today. (including guys that will be back for sure who are out due to injury).  I think this prediction will be updated quite a bit once OTA's begin and we have an idea of the finalized 2018 roster.

On 12/24/2017 at 4:59 PM, clskinsfan said:

Doctson will continue to develop but shows he is still a number 2 receiver and a horrible first round pick.

In history - Sorting by TDs in a rookie year (calling this his rookie year) and secondly sorting by yards per game, He is 71st. He would be tied with JuJu for first among TDs this year for rookies.He would be fourth in receiving yards.

Lets compare active year 1 and year 2 players. Profootball reference season finder for Year 1 and 2 players

Doctson is 4th in TDs. 8th in Yards.(62nd in catch %.. Yeah I got no argument there lol)

On 12/29/2017 at 10:55 AM, Guardshock said:

In history - Sorting by TDs in a rookie year (calling this his rookie year) and secondly sorting by yards per game, He is 71st. He would be tied with JuJu for first among TDs this year for rookies.He would be fourth in receiving yards.

Lets compare active year 1 and year 2 players. Profootball reference season finder for Year 1 and 2 players

Doctson is 4th in TDs. 8th in Yards.(62nd in catch %.. Yeah I got no argument there lol)

Yeah. But he is not a rookie. You have to take into account that he missed his entire first season to injury. In fact I think it makes it worse that he was a first round pick.

Pretty much the same movie as we have seen for the last what 20 years.  No reason to think anything is going to change.  Everything has been changed in the last 20 years except the owner and nothing changed and that has not changed so I would say pretty good bet it will be about the same.  The excuse next year will probably be because we let Kirk go.  Not sure how that works because he hasn't given us much since he has been here in my opinion.  Yea he can throw the ball around and pile up statistics but when playing a division opponent, arch rival, big game, prime time game his record (leadership) is dismal.  

I'm putting this here because it's the top thread with 2018 in the title. :)

I'm even only able to use smileys becuase I'm covering up my unending pain from being both a redskins fan and a member of this board---two of my most questionable life choices and usages of time and energy---with my FogMaster bong and some experimental stuff from the lab.

So it all sucked  football-wise on the last day of 2017 afaic, but this is my happy new year to you fellow losers for a better 2018 and be safe.  

You can't cont on good fortune---you're redskins fans. :)

28 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

We won’t miss Cousins. Let him go. Build up the other parts of the team. We have some talent on this team contrary to popular belief. This team was pretty dang good before the injuries.

LOL.  What talent?  We’re a 3-4 win team at best w/o Cousins.  We have no one talented to catch the ball, no one talented or competent enough to run the ball, and we have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  Do you really trust moron Bruce to find adequate enough talent to accommodate a rookie QB Should Cousins walk?  Good luck with that.  We’re headed back to the dark ages once we lose Cousins.  He was literally the only thing keeping us from being the Browns.

A competent GM, would try to keep

Cousins, and work to build around him, so that we might have the chance to win 10-11 games and make the playoffs, but this is the Snyder-Allen led Redskins we’re talking about here.  They are the opposite of logical and patient.

Skins go 10-6 and win the division because...

1)  They offer KC a $75 mil guaranteed 3-year contract that he refuses, he gets transition tagged and Skins match $27 mil offered by Denver

2)  Jay and Bruce leverage their relationship with Gus Bradley and lure him in as their DC.  Our D is ranked top 10 in '18

3)  We finally draft a RB stud

4)  The team over-all stays healthy for the year

With no Kirk Cousins we’re 2-14 to 4-12 best case scenario.  And on our way to a franchise wasteland.   Losing Kirk sets us back 5-7 years or more

if we bring Kirk back long term we’re really close a playoff team for sure and consistent double digit wins every year

Archived