Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your 2018 Redskins Predictions

88Comrade2000

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Cousins leaves. We go 5-11. Gruden fired at season's end.

See, I disagree Gruden gets fired.  I think if Cousins leaves, and a rookie starts, Gruden is given 2-3 years additional just because he’s got to groom a rookie QB.  

I really only see one way Jay isn’t here 2 more years minimum: Dan fires Bruce.  And new lackey wants his own lackey, and they get somebody else.

But as long as Bruce is here, excuses will always be made for Jay.  Valid (injuries this year) or not.  

With Synder and Allen running the show it doesn’t matter who is QB.  

Philly is clearly the best of the NFC east. And this team couldn’t beat an average Dallas team, one without Elliot.  I see no better than a 3rd place finish in the NFC East.  

2 minutes ago, Csup said:

Philly is clearly the best of the NFC east. And this team couldn’t beat an average Dallas team, one without Elliot.  I see no better than a 3rd place finish in the NFC East.  

we were at the lowest point in terms of our injuries when we faced dallas the first time around, and the 2nd matchup, crowder single handedly gave dallas that game. in my opinion a much healthier redskins team absolutely destroys dallas in at least one of those matchups. injuries just really played a HUGE part in the awfulness of this season. I think we should see what we do this offseason first before we count the team out for next year. think about it, we played pretty good football in the first 4 games this season, while fully healthy. I think people should take that into consideration. 

Kurt will turn down 25 mil/yr and healthy guarantee to go to a QB wasteland for a non-contender.

Skins sign FA QB and draft a QB in 1st round. 

The FA QB excels with new FA RB/WR and we make wildcard spot and beat NFC East team in playoffs.

12 hours ago, daveakl said:

2012-2016:

7-9

11-5

7-9

7-9

7-9

Ladies and gentlemen yours New Orleans Saints.

2017: crushes the draft. 11-4 to date.

Stay the course!!

They have Drew Brees. 

They just paired him with some of the worst defenses of all time.  And still got to 7-9.

It’s impossible to stay the course when you don’t have a QB under contract.

Ten wild predictions for next year thought it would be fun to look back on later and see if I got any of these right highly doubt it but eh never know lol

1. Kirk leaves and is replaced by either Alex Smith or Tyrod Taylor. Colt stays on the bench 

2. Team goes 8-8 next year misses the playoffs again finishing third in the division. Late collapse ruins playoff run after a good 5-3 start of the season

3. WR Josh Doctson continues to improve and gains 800 receiving yards on the season. Reed plays more then half the season 

4. Redskins play on Monday Night and lose again. They play on Sunday night and they win. Curse continues 

5. Jay Gruden is given an extension. They hire an offensive play caller to help him

6. The first round pick is spent on a cornerback 

7. They draft another RB and a late round QB in 2018. They do a draft trade  to get more picks

8. Team record in the NFC East is 2-4. We beat Dallas once and the Eagles once. We lose heartbreakers to the Giants and get blown out by the Cowboys and Eagles once

9. Bruce stays to the misery of everyone 

10. I pickup two New Jersey’s this year

I think a lot depends on what goes down with this grievance. There's been a lot of silence, and if there haven't been leaks by now, that probably means that a settlement is in the works and/or the team was quite sure it would be on the losing end of this arbitration. And since my Beetlejuice trick didn't work, I'll just wait til we hear something from Harvey or some other announcement related to this grievance.

Im going to be optimistic and say that:

*Skins manage to sign a LTD with Kirk and he continues (IMO) to show he is a top tier QB.

*The team manages to avoid the number of injuries they suffered in 2017 - especially to the O-line.  Reed only misses 4 games!

*A much needed running game starts to emerge.  Thompson comes back and picks up where he left off.  A rookie RB comes in and competes well during the preseason and is named the starter by game 2.  By the end of the season our run game is top 10 - in large part due to the O-line health and continuity.

*Skins sign a true #1 WR.  This combined with a running game lifts our offense to a solid top 10 offense.  JD continues to improve.

*Defense continues to have some ups and downs but continues to show improvement.

*Skins finish 2nd in the NFCE at 10-6 and earn a wild card playoff spot.

While the schedule for next year is formidable, they really all are.  We didn't think the schedule would turn out like it did this year.  I am bolstered that the farthest road trips the Redskins will have next year are Dallas and New Orleans. 

If KC stays, we pick up a true #1 WR, #2 for Doctson, Crowder at slot, Reed and VD at TE...don't know about RB but assuming everybody comes back healthy and stays healthy, I think, even with a loaded NFC, we are an 10 to 11 win team.  If KC goes, all bets are off, you never know with QB's and their learning curve, early and successful like Wentz and Watson or experience over time like Keenum, things just don't break like that for the Redskins, without KC we are looking at 5-11 at best.

On 12/25/2017 at 12:18 AM, Csup said:

Best post of the thread thus far ... 

On 12/24/2017 at 4:24 PM, hail2skins said:

Non-divisional 2018 schedule:

Home: ATL, CAR, HOU, IND, probably GB

Away: TB, NO, TEN, JAX, 3rd place NFCW

Doesn't look any easier than last year.  But still has the potential for 9-10 wins, and of course everything depends on Kirk. That said, even within the division, its hard for me to pick us winning any of the four games against Philly and Dallas right now. 

NFC North (home): Green Bay

NFC West (away): Arizona

Nearly half of the schedule next year (seven games) could be against playoff teams: Philadelphia (twice), New Orleans, Carolina, Jacksonville, Atlanta, Tennessee.  Confirmed are five games: two at home (PHI, CAR) and three on the road (PHI, NO, JAX).

Don't be surprised if we get a couple of night games at FedEx next year.  Outside of the division, Green Bay and Carolina are candidates.

On 12/26/2017 at 12:49 AM, Voice_of_Reason said:

They have Drew Brees. 

They just paired him with some of the worst defenses of all time.  And still got to 7-9.

It’s impossible to stay the course when you don’t have a QB under contract.

What's funny is that you just described what we've done for Cousins...paired him with a truly awful defense until this year. Unfortunately, this was also the year we stripped him of two 1,000 yard WRs and our Pro Bowl TE couldn't stay on the field. So, he'll have won 9, 8, and 7/8 games in a very similar situation to what Brees was in before this year. 

He isn't Brees, I hope it's clear I'm not saying that he is. But I think he could win like Brees has when he's had a balanced team. Is that worth his $30M price tag? No clue...

On 12/24/2017 at 2:26 PM, markmills67 said:

2 OL, 2WR, 2 RB, 2DL, 2LB, 2 DB'S, I want Cousin's signed to a LTD but that will only leave the draft and $17m to fill the at least the positions I've noted. I'm starting to lean towards releasing cousins and starting afresh.

HTTR 

Well if you want to start afresh it would probably be wise to trade Kerrigan, Reed, Norman and Williams for draft choices given that they will be out of their prime by the time the team is ready to compete.

With Kirk back, a playoff team, 11 wins and if he is here long term then the start of something special 

without kirk we’ll be the browns and dare I say it might be time to give up on the franchise if we fail to return cousins 

Without cousins starting over is a joke.  Look at Cleveland and ask their fan base if they’d rather be in our shoes or theirs

With Cousins here, we win 10 and secure a wildcard spot. We advance in the playoffs and lose in the NFCC. No Super Bowl.

Without Cousins, we sign Johnny Manziel and RG3 to one year deals and bring them in to compete with Colt McCoy and Terrelle Pryor, who we have decided actually does have potential as a QB. Time to bring back the swinging gate!

Archived