Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your 2018 Redskins Predictions

88Comrade2000

17 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

Colt McCoy will have > 4000 yards but not break the single season record. Gruden establishes himself as the new Jeff Fisher as the Skins repeat their 7-9 record.

The same Colt McCoy that's been in the league 8 years and thrown for a total of roughly 5600 yards?

File this one under very bold predictions.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The same Colt McCoy that's been in the league 8 years and thrown for a total of roughly 5600 yards?

File this one under very bold predictions.

Hey, don't underestimate the greatness of Ryan Grant and how much he can make QBs look like studs!

Nick Foles is benched during the Divisional Playoffs.

Nate Sudfeld comes in, rallies the team from behind to advance to the NFC Championship, and eventually goes on to win Super Bowl 52 as well as MVP.

The Eagles clearly are all in on Wentz. 

Bruce Allen trades away two first round picks and a 2nd rounder to get Nate back on the Redskins.

Kirk Cousins walks and goes to Denver.

First game of the season.

Wentz returns, looking the same as he ever was.

Cousins throws 7 TDs in his Denver debut.

Sudfeld tears his ACL in preseason. And the Colt McCoySkins go 3-13.

Kirk dips as soon as free agency starts.  The press has a field day, stories come to light about Dan and Bruce bungling things so bad that the fanbase gets sent into another state of pissed off and irate that you haven't seen before.  Even the anti-Kirk fans are pissed because it's that bad.   Sports talk radio bashes the organization left and right, it's pretty much open season on Snyder and Allen.  Players are pissed, too.  It will reach a new level of anger at the franchise.

We reach on a QB in the draft who's not that good.  Meanwhile two QBs get picked behind us that step in right away and are serviceable for their respective organizations.   The rest of our draft is uninspiring thanks to Allen.

4 and 12 record next year.  Jay gets fired even though he doesn't deserve to be as he was set up to fail.  Meanwhile Cousins throws for another 4000 yards 25-30 touchdowns and gets his new team into the playoffs.

On 1/1/2018 at 3:21 PM, SkinsBoss said:

With no Kirk Cousins we’re 2-14 to 4-12 best case scenario.  And on our way to a franchise wasteland.   Losing Kirk sets us back 5-7 years or more

if we bring Kirk back long term we’re really close a playoff team for sure and consistent double digit wins every year

If this team makes defense the emphasis of 2018 and establishes the team identity on that side of the ball, losing Kirk cousins is not that big of a deal.

The problem is, this coaching staff is mediocre, the front office is going to be exposed moving forward, and Kirk cousins is going to be forced to carry this team to 7-9 wins every year if he stays. His only hope of ever winning a single playoff game is getting the **** out of here lmao

1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Hey, don't underestimate the greatness of Ryan Grant and how much he can make QBs look like studs!

“We’re going to do everything we can to bring him back” - Jay Gruden on Grant. Jay’s trying to suck up so he can be the one who introduces Grant during his Canton induction ceremony.

On 1/1/2018 at 11:00 AM, samy316 said:

LOL.  What talent?  We’re a 3-4 win team at best w/o Cousins.  We have no one talented to catch the ball, no one talented or competent enough to run the ball, and we have one of the worst defenses in the NFL.  Do you really trust moron Bruce to find adequate enough talent to accommodate a rookie QB Should Cousins walk?  Good luck with that.  We’re headed back to the dark ages once we lose Cousins.  He was literally the only thing keeping us from being the Browns.

A competent GM, would try to keep

Cousins, and work to build around him, so that we might have the chance to win 10-11 games and make the playoffs, but this is the Snyder-Allen led Redskins we’re talking about here.  They are the opposite of logical and patient.

Docston, who bailed out Kirk in Seattle. Give him another QB and watch him shine. We have our slot in Crowder. Maybe Reed stays healthy...lol jk.

Our dline was abusing olines before Allen went down. Keep Brown. Anderson has another year under his belt. Have Kerrigan. 

Draft a stud RB. They aren’t hard to find. Get a real corner to pair with Norman. Voila. We aren’t that far off. Thompson with a player like Guice would be sick. I’m as doom and gloom as they come but this team will still win 6-7 games regardless of Cousins. How many games did Cousins “win” for us this year? How many did he throw away? 

15 hours ago, thamajinforte said:

Nick Foles is benched during the Divisional Playoffs.

Nate Sudfeld comes in, rallies the team from behind to advance to the NFC Championship, and eventually goes on to win Super Bowl 52 as well as MVP.

The Eagles clearly are all in on Wentz. 

Bruce Allen trades away two first round picks and a 2nd rounder to get Nate back on the Redskins.

Kirk Cousins walks and goes to Denver.

First game of the season.

Wentz returns, looking the same as he ever was.

Cousins throws 7 TDs in his Denver debut.

Sudfeld tears his ACL in preseason. And the Colt McCoySkins go 3-13.

This is the most Redskin like thing to happen

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Serious Prediction:

Redskins finish 6-10. Gruden and Allen both fired, but rather than looking for a real GM, Dannyboy offers $15m/yr to lure Cowher out of the booth and back to the sidelines, and gives him full control of all personnel. 

Full control....yeah...sure.

On 12/31/2017 at 4:01 PM, Springfield said:

Probably about the same.  Just another uninspiring season as a Redskins fan.  Not looking forward to next season at all.

Thanks Dan.

Pretty much where I am, too. Team's been mediocre for a quarter-century and still making bank.

The business magazine released its annual 50 most valuable sports teams list Wednesday and the Redskins ranked 11th. Forbes listed the Redskins‘ value as $2.95 billion, a four percent increase from the previous year.

The Redskins actually dropped three spots after being ranked in eighth place in 2016, even with the four percent increase in total value. Washington, though, is the fifth most valuable NFL franchise.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jul/12/redskins-worth-295-billion-11th-most-valuable-fran/

And I know that isn't just Dan's doing (I still cringe when I hear about that MNF game against the Jets in '93 at RFK) but he's got a good thing going here. Why mess it up? I don't doubt he wants the team to succeed but are you really going to rock the boat all that much if you're still making money with a loser? It seems like franchises aren't willing to take some risks until they're up against the wall financially or they get new leadership. Isn't that the story of damn near every dynasty in American sports? It sure seems to be for the NFL at least.

The Patriots were threatening to move in the 1990s, the Cowboys were (according to Jerruh) losing $1 million/year before he bought the team, the 49ers couldn't give away tickets to Candlestick Park in the late 1970s, etc. What got their acts straight in all those circumstances? New leadership or financial pressure to change the way they've been doing things

Neither seems to be in the near future for this franchise. So again: why mess up a good thing? 

we'll be 7-9 to 9-7 and our fanbase will watch every game saying we have no chance of winning and then act surprised and complain when we don't win

edit: I am no saying complaints from fans cause losses.  Just if you go around listing all the reasons we'll lose and you turn out to be right then you've got no excuse for surprise

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 5:45 PM, hail2skins said:

In a move that sends shock waves through the NFL, the New England Patriots announce they are trading Tom Brady to the Washington Redskins for Kirk Cousins. 

Ahem.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/hotread180105/beginning-end-new-england-patriots-robert-kraft-tom-brady-bill-belichick-internal-power-struggle

And wasn't there a recent pic of Jay sporting a TB12 shirt?

Watch the Snyder/Allen genius unfold as this comes to fruition. 

1 hour ago, S.T.real,lights,out said:

Not sure if this should go here but if this whole rift thing in NE is true.....if and im sure this is a HUGE if Coach B walks away from NE would you be willing to let our entire staff go to bring him in? 

Think i would. 

I wouldn't expect him to come here and I feel like his cheating ways would be less tolerated at the Skins

I addressed this somewhat in my post under Stadium Topic "Will Kirk Cousins play for Redskins in 2018." I think they could get Cleveland to bite on my proposal post since they have 2 first rounders. Also San Fran may bite with Sean's bro-mance with Cousins and vice versa. If you read into my proposal (think) it allows Redskins to speak with other teams only in planning (not players or agents) to set it up, get Cousins under a contract (should all else fail we just keep him), and is a trade scenario that fits the value chart as well as gets the Skins a top QB in draft if it works. The Skins also keep the 13th overall so they can address other needs there. With Kirk 9-7 in wild card hunt. Without Kirk 6-10 at best.

On 1/3/2018 at 11:52 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Serious Prediction:

Redskins finish 6-10. Gruden and Allen both fired, but rather than looking for a real GM, Dannyboy offers $15m/yr to lure Cowher out of the booth and back to the sidelines, and gives him full control of all personnel. 

Of that happens, I’d be shocked. And quite frankly might just start rooting for the Saints and Raiders. (Saints are wife’s team, and I spent more time in Vegas in my 20’s and early 30’s than anywhere other than home. I love Vegas) 

If I wanted a spashy move and I was Dan, I’d hire BOTH Peyton and Dungy to FO positions and let them figure out the coach.  I’m not sure titles, but they would bring a ton of football knowledge.  

I would not try and hire Dungy to coach though.  

NOTE: I don’t advocate the splashy move. But if there’s one that has to be made, that’s the one that at least brings recent, good football knowledge to the building.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:52 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Serious Prediction:

Been in the back of my mind for awhile now.  It wouldn't surprise me if we crumble next year.

On 1/5/2018 at 6:37 AM, carex said:

I wouldn't expect him to come here and I feel like his cheating ways would be less tolerated at the Skins

Could you imagine the fines that Goodell would drop on the Redskins if Belichick came here and got caught cheating?  Goodell already hates us, we'd probably lose the franchise over it.

Archived