Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official 2024 FA/Trades: Ertz, Armstrong, Ferrell, Fowler, Ndubuisi, Biadasz, Allegretti, Deiter, Luvu, Wagner, Pittman, Walker, Ekeler, McNichols, McManus, Mariota, Driskel, Ott, Chinn, Iggy, Davis, Pierre, Zaccheaus, Reaves, Crowder, Obada, Lucas, Byrd

CapsSkins

Pretty sure the new and MUCH improved front office have a better bead on the Mariota event than any of the conjecture we have heard through the media, or otherwise.  They know what is going on, and what went on. I trust them without reservation. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Pretty sure the new and MUCH improved front office have a better bead on the Mariota event than any of the conjecture we have heard through the media, or otherwise.  They know what is going on, and what went on. I trust them without reservation. 

We can trust them and still disagree with the move. Nobody should be above reasonable critique/criticism.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

Feels like we haven't made much of an attempt to keep Fuller.  Probably need to get younger at CB, but the depth chart is so unsettled in the secondary, and a ton of teams need corners.  This is going to be difficult to fix.

I’m a fan of Fuller, but wonder about his fit in this D.  I also think some combo of younger/cheaper/short term deal might be a big part of the calculus - IIRC, he’s one of the higher ranked FA corners.

17 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Nope. Rolling with Howell and Mariota.

Yep, We're going to get HAUL for that #2 

I never thought we would be moving on from Howell, BTW 

Now back to my Cardboard Box and Wine!

Looking forward to the 2024 Season 

• Haha 1

I hope some of you have parachutes for the leaps you’re making.

Us signing Mariota is a sign that we’re not drafting a QB at 2?

I’m not saying it’s impossible… but that’s a bit of a stretch.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, skinny21 said:

I’m a fan of Fuller, but wonder about his fit in this D.  I also think some combo of younger/cheaper/short term deal might be a big part of the calculus - IIRC, he’s one of the higher ranked FA corners.

He won't be cheap.  He's probably going to get one last big deal, and I get the preference for cheap short term contracts this year.  But it's going to be hard to fill in our corner depth chart because of the level of demand for the position.

Might be someone in the second round of the draft for us, but you never want to have to rely on the draft to put out roster fires.  It forces reaches and rookies almost never actually fill in as good starters for the short term anyway.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I know. But a man gotta have that spark of hope.....

• Confused 1

I don't agree with the assessment of Mariota as a runner and I certainly don't think it moves the needle for anyone in the draft.

Mariota's high water marks for rushing we 85 rushes and 438 yards, and during his TENN time he was rushing 60ish times for mid-300's yards.

Compare that to Lamar Jackson whose low water marks were 112 rushes and in a different year 695 yards.

Moreover in Mariota's 2 years starting in Tenn he threw 450ish times.  Jackson threw 450+ times once this past year and has been consistently at or below 400 attempts the rest of his career.

Sure Lamar is a better player than Mariota but their play styles seemingly differ a great deal.

Ultimately I don't think it signals anything really.  Mariota is a mobile-ish QB so really he could fit either of the two guys.

• Like 1

Just now, RandyHolt said:

I hope Chicago gets screwed by the market for Fields quickly drying up, presume because they are asking too much.

Or no one wants him. Talk about a confidence crusher.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

Pains me to see every year GMs think its imperative to bring in a failed QB to show the greenhorns how to fail under the guise that it is providing stability or whatever. I would rather have a former QB as a OC assistant or QB coach.

Seems like a waste of 5M to me.  I'd rather go with 1st or 2nd year QBs as backups and tank vs Mariota pressed into duty and eek us to mediocrity and a ****ty draft pick.

They might see value in Mariota on the practice field, running the scout team and prepping our defense too. 

Or maybe he was just the next QB down on their list. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

The only signing I don’t like is Mariota.  Like nothing about him as a player and don’t really find the whole veteran presence thing to be of much value.  $6M guaranteed feels like a lot for him.

Why not just roll with Howell, who is cheaper and could potentially surprise if he had to play?  I see no point in dumping Howell for a ham sandwich.

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

19 hours ago, Tress Is The Way said:

Austin Eke is still out there, I'd definitely try to bring him in

Dude showed every sign of being utterly toast last year. The RB age cliff is a thing, he passed it, and then you just have to wait for the bomb to go off, as it always does, it happened for Ekeler last year. Don't get the signing at all, but I suppose it's a spackle stop gap because this rookie RB class sucks. Probably a decision to give the new QB 2 adequate floor RB's, but Ekeler, again, totally looks toast. So? I don't really see the point here, at all. 

9 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Maybe Mariota is going to be Sam's backup and we are trading back for a kings ransom and getting Alt! Is it still possible! Lol.

I definitely think we're trading back and drafting Alt. I could also see us drafting a QB in the 2nd as well like Nix or Penix. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The only signing I don’t like is Mariota.  Like nothing about him as a player and don’t really find the whole veteran presence thing to be of much value.  $6M guaranteed feels like a lot for him.

Why not just roll with Howell, who is cheaper and could potentially surprise if he had to play?  I see no point in dumping Howell for a ham sandwich.

The surprise playing well is the problem with Howell. He very capable of causing a Qb controversy where he play great for four weeks and they don't want to take him out.

If they draft a qb really high it has to be his team. 

Edited by Redskins 2021
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Right. I’d say it’s more likely we try to trade Howell than trade out of number 2.