Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to that ES poster?

TheGreatBuzz

I mentioned doing this to @Jumbo I think it was the other day.  

What posters are no longer here that you wonder what ever happened to? Or what former posters do you know something about that you're willing to share?

Who do i wonder about?  Zoony. He occasionally had decent points i thought but he sucked at making them. And then he went nuts. I remember watching him tailspin thinking "Isn't he a mod saying this? Can I even report that?" I suspect he ended up down a Qanon hole. Maybe he's still at Dealey Plaza.

Whatcha got?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think Zoony got taken out Joe Pesci in Goodfellas style by @Jumbo and the rest of the mods. IIRC he was on some weird **** right at the end where he was being a dick, arguably saying things that would have gotten any of us banned. 

I got a year-long ban for mirroring one of his insults right back at him.

• Sad 2

16 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hopefully someone will come in this thread with some answers or it'll just be a bust. 😄

I do suspect the majority of them were banned due to their recurring inability to follow the basic rules of the forum.  

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

IIRC he was on some weird **** right at the end where he was being a dick, arguably saying things that would have gotten any of us banned. 

Last thing I remember is him giving one of the worst takes ever on this board

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, mistertim said:

Predicto

He is @mcsluggo’s brother.   You could ask him.  He’s a lawyer in San Francisco and I think decided he was spending too much time on here and needed to focus more on his career.  Probably tired of trying to educate us unwashed masses.

3 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

@twa used to spout so much nonsense that a lot of posters started ignoring him. Larry still couldn't give him up. It was like a cat chasing a laser pointer. 

He finally got himself a partial ban (from the Tailgate). I think he didn’t have as much fun trolling on the football side of things, so just left.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

A bit of a tangent … something I still don’t understand is how reasonable intelligent people fell completely down the MAGA rabbit hole. Four bright, wealthy individuals who I knew very well who were clearly GoP voters but showed no prior lunatic tendencies or intolerance were all in on hating any criticism of Trump and started frothing at the mouth about Pelosi, Obama and later Biden. To the point where you couldn’t talk to them at dinner or a backyard barbecue because they would bring up the subject and assumed you must not only hold the same views but want to rant about it. In two cases their wives persuaded them to shut the **** up in public but the others are still at it on the Facebooks.

Some other folks I knew were definitely Trump supporters (and one even went on a MAGA boat outing) but didn’t see it was something to talk about with others.

13 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Who was it that always reminded us he was an Ivy league grad? 

Not any Ivy League, Princeton.

Lombardi’s_kid_brother? He was entertaining and a good foil for Zoony I think.

Edited by Corcaigh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

@DjTj

DjTj is the poster I always bring up in these threads. I was more to the right when we were interacting... turns out, I was wrong.  Thought he had changed his username.

He’s also a lawyer. He was at a big meat-grinder firm, but is now with the gubmint. 

Among the founder partners of the ES law firm, along with DjTj, I really miss @iheartskins

• Like 2