Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What happened to that ES poster?

TheGreatBuzz

56 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Are any of these guys still posting here?...It might not be that they left but that I don't really pay attention to stuff and oh hey look a squirrel...!

- elkabong

- thesubmittedone

- burgold

- oldfan

- thesubmittedone:  he's a mod now, known as @TSO

I miss @Burgold as well.  My husband enjoyed his first book. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

A bit of a tangent … something I still don’t understand is how reasonable intelligent people fell completely down the MAGA rabbit hole. Four bright, wealthy individuals who I knew very well who were clearly GoP voters but showed no prior lunatic tendencies or intolerance were all in on hating any criticism of Trump and started frothing at the mouth about Pelosi, Obama and later Biden. To the point where you couldn’t talk to them at dinner or a backyard barbecue because they would bring up the subject and assumed you must not only hold the same views but want to rant about it. In two cases their wives persuaded them to shut the **** up in public but the others are still at it on the Facebooks.

Some other folks I knew were definitely Trump supporters (and one even went on a MAGA boat outing) but didn’t see it was something to talk about with others.

They’ll vote for anyone before voting for a liberal. 

I’m convinced that for a lot of people, politics has turned into a team sport. Ever watch a football game with a fan of an opposing team like the Cowboys or Eagles and a critical call doesn’t go their way and the instant replay from every angle shows that the refs made the correct decision, but they can’t handle it and think the refs got it wrong despite how obvious it is? Foot was out of bounds, ball came out, never broke the goal line, never had possession, that wasn’t holding, pick one. 

Meanwhile you’re sitting there like, uhhhhh no, he never got his second foot down in bounds, look again dude! And they just can’t see it because they don’t wanna see it? 

That’s politics in the USA in 2024. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They’ll vote for anyone before voting for a liberal. 

I’m convinced that for a lot of people, politics has turned into a team sport. Ever watch a football game with a fan of an opposing team like the Cowboys or Eagles and a critical call doesn’t go their way and the instant replay from every angle shows that the refs made the correct decision, but they can’t handle it and think the refs got it wrong despite how obvious it is? Foot was out of bounds, ball came out, never broke the goal line, never had possession, that wasn’t holding, pick one. 

Meanwhile you’re sitting there like, uhhhhh no, he never got his second foot down in bounds, look again dude! And they just can’t see it because they don’t wanna see it? 

That's "The Great American Sermon", right there. 

Well said, right here.  :)

• Like 1

Someone of them were just mentally unstable and finally blow a lid.  I miss the fun but that's what happen to Cooleyfan??   I figure the next few months might not be fun with new bosses and the bosses deciding of whether to make changes.

Some I think were so far off the edge, they made threats or something and got banned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

There was a poster named BrandiMac or something like that I think.  Anyone?

Haven't seen her in a while.

Just now, 88Comrade2000 said:

Someone of them were just mentally unstable and finally blow a lid.  I miss the fun but that's what happen to Cooleyfan??   I figure the next few months might not be fun with new bosses and the bosses deciding of whether to make changes.

Some I think were so far off the edge, they made threats or something and got banned.

I'm pretty sure cooleyfan got banned some time ago by TK/Jumbo or somebody else.

I think he camed back under another name and got banned as well...

Mr. Thumbs down was really living on the edge around here.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

13 hours ago, FrFan said:

Thought GHH would be back

The guy raged quit during Jay's tenure.

Maybe he'll be back next year, but I doubt it.

Always thought he didn't know how to make short, concise, posts. He always was in the TLDR category to me :P

I remember a bunch of these names. 

I too am repeatedly astounded by average people going for Q Anon, mythical election fraud accusations and generally thinking Trump's unAmerican and dishonest statements are somehow normal. Sorry to hear some of the old regulars got swallowed up in the fervor. 

Sometimes I feel like I am from Mars. 

Edited by Midnight Judges
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Since this thread came out I've been killing myself trying to remember the username of a woman who used to post here and was a really good poster but for the life of me I can't remember her name.

She was a teacher if I remember correctly. 

Ahh, it just clicked, Blondie.

I wonder whatever happened to her.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1

Remember when MadMike came back for one thread about AR-15s but really just wanted to talk about his personal issues and get clicks for a terrible youtube video he made?  

I wish we had to wonder what happened to him. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Remember when MadMike came back for one thread about AR-15s but really just wanted to talk about his personal issues and get clicks for a terrible youtube video he made?  

I wish we had to wonder what happened to him. 

That was so terrible it was awesome. 

13 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Since this thread came out I've been killing myself trying to remember the username of a woman who used to post here and was a really good poster but for the life of me I can't remember her name.

She was a teacher if I remember correctly. 

Ahh, it just clicked, Blondie.

I wonder whatever happened to her.

Gargling Rock Cartwright, I’m assuming. 

Whatever happened to chomerics? 

• Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Politics in the USA in 2024 is … “not only did he get his second foot down in bounds, but your QB runs a pedophile ring.”

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

Politics in the USA in 2024 is … “not only did he get his second foot down in bounds, but your QB runs a pedophile ring.”

They only make that claim if their own organization runs a pedophile ring.  That's where they get the inspiration.

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Looking back on it, was MSF for real or a brilliant troll job? I could never tell. 

That dude was for real. He disclosed some personal details at one point that were pretty convincing. 

Hell, then again I guess it could have been faked lol. Helluva fake though. It's not like he was pretending to be someone brilliant in real life. 

Edited by Midnight Judges
  • Like 1