Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: No Thanks...

KDawg

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

My list is much shorter. And it only has Howell, Robinson and McLaurin on it.

It’s sad and unfortunate this regime and the last invested a total of 3,578,532 draft picks in the deference and also was the place where they chose to spend money, and really only 2 players are in the conversation of “franchise worthy” in Payne and Allen.  

Payne is going to be here next year because of his contract.  Dead money is $46m if cut.  I’m not sure what it is if traded but at least $25m.

Allen has a dead cap number of only $12m. If you could move him for a high second or a first it might be worth it. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

These 3rd/4th and 1 or shorter and us being in shotgun just completely baffles my mind.  They continue to keep doing this **** and continue to lose yards o those plays, because oh hey, you are basically making yourself need 5 yards instead of 1 or shorter.  Good job EB you big dummy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I mentioned in the GDT yesterday you should give a * to the turf, for our D. That's the only actual stop I remember. Dude hit the ground and ball popped out. I remember the 1st series stop, but don't remember how we miraculously achieved it? Probably a bad Dak pass or something. lol 

EB has become more and more a disappointment. I liked the 2 minute stuff early in the season. I liked adjusting to faster stuff to keep Sam from getting killed. But I guess teams figured that out. O looks nearly as bad as the D these days. Short yardage looks like a middle school team. I dunno, I just don't see anything to be excited about, play calling or creativity wise, going forward. 

13 minutes ago, purbeast said:

These 3rd/4th and 1 or shorter and us being in shotgun just completely baffles my mind.  They continue to keep doing this **** and continue to lose yards o those plays, because oh hey, you are basically making yourself need 5 yards instead of 1 or shorter.  Good job EB you big dummy.

Yep Romo kept trashing the shotgun plays on short yardage as well for the same reason you listed.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Imagine if they fed him the rock some more, Robinson, has been great.

I still believe in Terry and Dotson if they scheme it up well.

Need another WR, speed back, O line, and a better coodinator.

I wish we would have selected A.T. Perry on day 3 last year. He'd be a good fit IMO.

1 hour ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Why Curl and Reaves? I know they are fan favorites, but Curl has been horrible lately. 

I agree with the rest. I would also like to pick up Davis' option year. I think he could excell in a new system.  

Because all the guys I picked seem like players that really want to win and can play well. also it would seem a really tall task to just start over from scratch. Especially given some of the contracts. I’m fine with trading players too. 

They are obviously a far better team than us, but going into halftime 20-10 down, I thought that the game was still within reach.

Dallas had three drives in the 3rd quarter / start of the 4th quarter;

Four plays for 17 yards and a punt,

Three plays for -1 yard and a punt,

Ten plays for 49 yards and a FG

So, down 23-10 with a chance to get to within one score, we went for it on 4th and 1 at our own 34 and got sacked for a ten-yard loss at our own 24. The rest of the game is a bit of a blur, but basically they scored 25-points in the last twelve minutes, ate some turkey, generally joked around on the sidelines and I ****ing hate them.

Our second half performance was puke inducing. We had six drives, 37 plays, 171 yards (4.62 YPP), 0 points.

Three drives were stopped on downs, one punt, one pick-six, and one end-of-game.

I realise that I haven't added anything particularly insightful here. I like numbers and stats, and just wanted to put them out there. I hate dallas and wanted to put that out there as well.

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 4

It's a good balanced view of both sides of the debate.

A.  I am right now ruthless about wanting a top 5 pick and I do believe Ron's ineptitiude is our best chance to do it.

B.  According to Keim, the players don't want Bieiniemy as an interim coach.  So if they fire Rivera who would they go to?  They go to Bieiniemy and players are disgruntled about it?  Del Rio who has been a mess this year?   Even Charles Leno in a conversation with Keim said who would be the guy to take over -- implying that dude isn't on this coaching staff.

C. My one satisfacton of doing this is Ron has been oddly smug this whole off season while conducting a half ass off season and is working at half speed during the season.  And he deserves the embarassment of being canned.

Point A to me is the strongest in my mind.   Also I do think Ron finishing out a 4-13 or 5-12 season is embarassing enough -- people are going to be chanting for his job at the home games.  I already heard some at the stdium at the Giants game.

Screen Shot 2023-11-24 at 9.45.00 AM.png

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

I think it’s important to note that those 3 stalled Dallas drives in the 3rd quarter had little to do with the defense, and a lot to do with Dallas own mistakes.  In fact, you could say that about most every stalled drive for them.  There were more points to be had, Dak just made bad throws.

Our defensive MVP this season is the opposing QB’s inaccuracy.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Thumb up 2

The scoring offense the last 6 games has regressed to 18.8 ppg over that span.  Still at 20.5 for the season, but trending in the wrong direction.  Last season, they ended up at 18.9 ppg.

Total yardage is up 17 ypg over last season, basically owed to passing yardage.  But they also employ the brute force approach of throwing it more than anybody in the league. So basically, they're 17 ypg better purely on volume.  Heinicke/Wentz averaged 6.8 YPA last year, Howell is 6.9. 

Wentz/Heinicke last year, vs Howell this year (so far).

image.thumb.png.3b1c61fdbf04b6e0429e3e69d45c46bc.png

Total Offense (minus passing)

image.png.51bb7b8370f73ea94acd7e18a75d269f.png

3rd Down/Red Zone efficiency

image.png.e913d55705e4f5380c2248f824d7aaec.png

I'll let everybody gauge what conclusion they come to from any of this, if any.  Obviously, there's still 5 games to go in 2023 to swing that data one way or the other, but they're playing out the string now.  I guess, in theory, they could turn into the Greatest Show on Turf for 5 weeks.  lol

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CobraCommander said:

Here’s a list of the players I care about having on this team moving forward.

Sam Howell

Brian Robinson

Terry Mclaurin

Jonathan Allen

Kam Curl

Jeremy Reaves

Tress Way

As far as I’m concerned the rest of the roster needs to be completely overhauled to get rid of the bad vibes and sub par play.

Coaches and Front office ALL gone.

Furthermore, bring in a rabbi, a priest and an iman to cleanse everything.

Bring in some ghostbusters to trap ghosts and ghouls. 

Bring in a cleaning crew designed to clean murder scenes and clean every building the team owns

Bring the Orkin man too, no way Fedex isn’t infested with rodents and insects. 

Tear it all down and start from scratch. The only person Josh Harris should interview and hire is a GM. 

Let that GM do all the other hiring. PLEASE and thank you.

I can't figure out why Allen gets love and Payne does not when Payne has been the far better player for 2 seasons now. I have no problem keeping Payne, I've always felt that Allen has been overrated. He had one good year, his contract year. This year he has been invisible yet we see Payne every week.

That was painful to watch our team get embarrassed with the country watching. I know we will be rewarded in April but man this is no fun now.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, London Kev said:

Dallas had three drives in the 3rd quarter / start of 

So, down 23-10 with a chance to get to within one score, we went for it on 4th and 1 at our own 34 and got sacked for a ten-yard loss at our own 24. 

After they stopped us on 4th on their 40 midway thru the 3rd, I thought allowing us to pick up 16 on 3rd and 17 early in the 4th was baiting us into going for it.