Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: No Thanks...

KDawg

Offense

Defense

Specs

Other

I just don't have the energy to walk through this one. Howell tried his best, made a bad throw or two. But he tried. As did BRob. We couldn't handle the rush but even when we did admirably (all things considered) we tried doing the shotgun slow developing runs instead of getting downhill from under center or pistol. Curtis Samuel played pretty decently, too.

Our defense deserves no positive conversation. And I don't really want to dwell on it anymore tonight.

Studs and Duds:

** - Sam Howell

** - Brian Robinson

** - Curtis Samuel

I could give a lot more. But I don't want to.

Season Studs/Duds

14x* - Sam Howell

13x* - Brian Robinson

11x* - Kam Curl

11x* - Terry McLaurin

6x* - Curtis Samuel

5x* - Daron Payne

5x*- Montez Sweat

5x* - Jamison Crowder

3x* - Chase Young

3x* - Casey Toohill

3x* - Jahan Dotson

3x* - Tyler Larsen

3x* - Antonio Gibson

2x* - Joey Slye

2x* - Logan Thomas

2x* - Kendall Fuller

2x* - Jon Allen

2x* - Jamin Davis

2x* - KJ Henry

2x* - Quan Martin

1x* - Ben St Juste

1x* - Darrick Forrest

1x* - Logan Thomas

1x* - Byron Pringle

1x* - David Mayo

1x :( - Charles Leno

1x :( - Percy Butler

1x :( - Emmanuel Forbes

2x :( - Danny Johnson

3x :( - Cody Barton

3x :( - Nick Gates

4x :( - Saadhiq Charles

6x :( - Cheeseman 

11x :( - Andrew Wylie

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

I hate Thanksgiving games, wasn't able to watch any of it. From reading reactions it sounds like play calling and coaching doomed us to failure, as usual. Then it sounds like players sucked on top of it.

In the past Harris has fired the inherited GM after 1 season and Coach after 2...but he's gotta fire both sets after just 1 right?

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

I hate Thanksgiving games, wasn't able to watch any of it. From reading reactions it sounds like play calling and coaching doomed us to failure, as usual. Then it sounds like players sucked on top of it.

In the past Harris has fired the inherited GM after 1 season and Coach after 2...but he's gotta fire both sets after just 1 right?

The coach is Rivera and the GMs are Rivera's henchmen. There is no question that they will be gone.

• Like 5

Way too much to post about right now, and being on the west coast, dinner about to be served so for now I only have one question:

Any new info on who the coordinators were on our sideline yelling at each other, when in the game it happened, and what it was about?

Ron was asked about it but wouldn't give an answer.

8 minutes ago, GhostofSparta said:

I lost power for 4 hours tonight (it came back about 20 minutes ago). It went off when the team was down 20-3, and I'm glad I missed the rest of the game. It looks and sounds like it was somehow worse than the first part I saw, woof.

The last 10 minutes of the game rivaled the beatdown we gave the Cowboys in the last 10 minutes of our Thanksgiving game in 2020. The rest was just ugly, nothing terrible but nothing worth watching.

Edited by NickyJ

Defensively it appeared we were only fielding 9 players.

Everyone looked slow and their WR's ran uncovered much of the game so even Dak could hit the open receivers. 

Offensively, I am pretty certain I saw Wylie single handedly block a guy on one play.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

The coach is Rivera and the GMs are Rivera's henchmen. There is no question that they will be gone.

We should try and lure Andy Weidl away from Pittsburgh as GM. Then let him choose the HC. Get rid of the front office including Wright.

• Like 2

I had to turn off the tv for fear of destroying it.

One thing certain, Howell needs an actual QB coach. This cat has no clue about pocket pressure. Took some big sacks for large yard losses, putting the offense in 3rd & miles.

There were a number of plays where Sam just held the ball too damn long while WRs were actually open; it could be the plays called that took so much time to develop but he's gotta get the ball out sooner.

Bienemy can go with Ron and Del Taco FAIC; there were some really moronic calls, especially on 3rd & 4th downs, its as if he feels the o-line is top rated. 

Defense, well, you know; worthless. It was almost like Dallas was playing super conservative for awhile and the defense said 'hey throw deeper balls your guy's open'.

Safeties need coaching as well, taking bad angles exposing alot of the field to a WR who has a beat on the defender.

I would say that this problem goes a little beyond coaching, no mention of the scouting dept; they should be shown the door as well. The teams with good records have players who are quick and agile, while our LBers look like they're running in 3 ft. of water.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

8 hours ago, DWinzit said:

Defensively it appeared we were only fielding 9 players.

Everyone looked slow and their WR's ran uncovered much of the game so even Dak could hit the open receivers. 

Offensively, I am pretty certain I saw Wylie single handedly block a guy on one play.

This team just plays slow. There isn’t a single player who looks like they’re fast. I watched the other games and guys are flying around… we look like we’re stuck in mud. Ironically, Robinson looked the fastest of everyone on our roster last night.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

This team just plays slow. There isn’t a single player who looks like they’re fast. I watched the other games and guys are flying around… we look like we’re stuck in mud. Ironically, Robinson looked the fastest of everyone on our roster last night.

Is safe to say that slow translates to ill prepared, poorly coached, undisciplined, increasingly frustrated and beginning to pack it

• Like 4

Here’s a list of the players I care about having on this team moving forward.

Sam Howell

Brian Robinson

Terry Mclaurin

Jonathan Allen

Kam Curl

Jeremy Reaves

Tress Way

As far as I’m concerned the rest of the roster needs to be completely overhauled to get rid of the bad vibes and sub par play.

Coaches and Front office ALL gone.

Furthermore, bring in a rabbi, a priest and an iman to cleanse everything.

Bring in some ghostbusters to trap ghosts and ghouls. 

Bring in a cleaning crew designed to clean murder scenes and clean every building the team owns

Bring the Orkin man too, no way Fedex isn’t infested with rodents and insects. 

Tear it all down and start from scratch. The only person Josh Harris should interview and hire is a GM. 

Let that GM do all the other hiring. PLEASE and thank you.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Sam Howell

Brian Robinson

Terry Mclaurin

Jonathan Allen

Kam Curl

Jeremy Reaves

Tress Way

As far as I’m concerned the rest of the roster needs to be completely overhauled to get rid of the bad vibes and sub par play.

Bring in a cleaning crew designed to clean murder scenes and clean every building the team owns

Tear it all down and start from scratch. The only person Josh Harris should interview and hire is a GM. 

My list is much shorter. And it only has Howell, Robinson and McLaurin on it.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Sam Howell

Brian Robinson

Terry Mclaurin

Jonathan Allen

Kam Curl

Jeremy Reaves

Tress Way

TBH my list would just be Howell. Running backs are a dime a dozen and if we could get a high second rounder for Mclaurin I would trade him this offseason. We need a full system restart that may take Terry last 3 years on contract.

58 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

Sam Howell

Brian Robinson

Terry Mclaurin

Jonathan Allen

Kam Curl

Jeremy Reaves

Tress Way

Why Curl and Reaves? I know they are fan favorites, but Curl has been horrible lately. 

I agree with the rest. I would also like to pick up Davis' option year. I think he could excell in a new system.